hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The self sufficiency mantra sort of gets kicked into touch when we need so many things changed with nothing in the bank to change it ,
    Im struggling as to how we fund this.

If the crowds stay away as they are I dont think they can fund the millions we would need and it is millions .
    So is it STF ,or do we just accept our lot and drop ,and wait for our stream of players to come through from our complex ,that could be a long wait
    TBH I dont think the punters would wait, I dont think the drop is acceptable and it could cast a very long shadow over the club as you say for years .

I dont think Rod and more debt will be a starter ,but somethings gonna have to give ,quality as you say doesnt come cheap the quality we buy if its journey men last 6 months of some contracts thats a gamble if you ask me .
    January is a hard time to buy its usually a letting go period someone else's dross for your dross or its OTT prices ,the board have the big salary lets see how they come through this crisis ,because everybody and there dug will be judging if they are up to the task .
    I think they need to take a step back and look at the cost of not spending now.

We'll either go down, in which case we'll potentially be in the wilderness for a while, or we're going to have to make signings and replace managers every year trying to plug the gaps to stop the water getting in.

It would be better to spend the money now, getting players in that will do a job over a couple of years that we then only need to add one or two players to in the summer and next January, and recoup the spend with a higher league finish and potential cup runs.

What we can't do is go after the same level of player as we've been signing and hope they work out. The best managers on the planet would struggle to get a result with this bunch. No creativity in the side whatsoever, and two of the worst wingers in Scottish top flight football. Worrying times.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think they need to take a step back and look at the cost of not spending now.

We'll either go down, in which case we'll potentially be in the wilderness for a while, or we're going to have to make signings and replace managers every year trying to plug the gaps to stop the water getting in.

It would be better to spend the money now, getting players in that will do a job over a couple of years that we then only need to add one or two players to in the summer and next January, and recoup the spend with a higher league finish and potential cup runs.

What we can't do is go after the same level of player as we've been signing and hope they work out. The best managers on the planet would struggle to get a result with this bunch. No creativity in the side whatsoever, and two of the worst wingers in Scottish top flight football. Worrying times.
    Absolutely. It's time to get a loan from STF and let PF bring in some good players.

If there's no improvement in the second half of the season the ST figures will totally collapse. The best the current business model can do now is have us avoid relegation.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Absolutely. It's time to get a loan from STF and let PF bring in some good players.

If there's no improvement in the second half of the season the ST figures will totally collapse. The best the current business model can do now is have us avoid relegation.

I hope they realise how important the next couple of weeks are. It's not inconceivable that we go out the cup on Saturday, though I would say it's unlikely, even with this side!, and then it's a massive game against Dunfermline.

IMHO, we need players in this week to ensure we get through those two games with wins. Time for Hibs to flex a bit of financial muscle.

It's spend now, or face up to life at this end of the table for a long time to come.

Matty/Mikey - you're asking for a damn quick fix to correct years of neglect. I agree we must avoid relegation but then what ... Where are STF, Petrie taking us?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Matty/Mikey - you're asking for a damn quick fix to correct years of neglect. I agree we must avoid relegation but then what ... Where are STF, Petrie taking us?
    You've completely missed the point G.

It's not a quick fix I'm asking for. It's a fix full stop.

We don't need players that will dig us out of a hole now and keep our SPL status. We need players good enough to build the team around for the next 2-3 years, players who can put bums on seats, who can help fill this great stadium we have.

The team hasn't been neglected, it's been badly managed - there is a difference. The financials have been produced that show we should be more competitive than we are. We are not where we are because of how much has been spent, but how it has been spent.

STF and Petrie have given the club about the soundest foundations possible upon which to flourish. The direction that they are taking us is one that needs some immediate attention but once the product on the park is corrected will take us to sustainable success.

It needs a cash boost right now though. We can't have a window bringing in players that aren't good enough for the top 6 in Scotland. They need to be players brought in for 2-3 years that a team can be built around.

It's spend now, or face up to life at this end of the table for a long time to come.
    It's spend now or be forced to spend way beyond our more restricted means next season in an effort to scrabble out of the First Division.

Those are the stark alternatives.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    It's spend now or be forced to spend way beyond our more restricted means next season in an effort to scrabble out of the First Division.

Yep, that is about right.

You've completely missed the point G.

It's not a quick fix I'm asking for. It's a fix full stop.

We don't need players that will dig us out of a hole now and keep our SPL status. We need players good enough to build the team around for the next 2-3 years, players who can put bums on seats, who can help fill this great stadium we have.

The team hasn't been neglected, it's been badly managed - there is a difference. The financials have been produced that show we should be more competitive than we are. We are not where we are because of how much has been spent, but how it has been spent.

STF and Petrie have given the club about the soundest foundations possible upon which to flourish. The direction that they are taking us is one that needs some immediate attention but once the product on the park is corrected will take us to sustainable success.

It needs a cash boost right now though. We can't have a window bringing in players that aren't good enough for the top 6 in Scotland. They need to be players brought in for 2-3 years that a team can be built around.
    I've no missed the point - I was wanting something made clearer I agree we need 3/4 quality players on 2/3 year deals to turn this around. We also need better younger players coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post

Gonna take millions .. To cover losses and invest also.

Do enough now to keep us in the SPL and in the summer get ****ing REAL, or admit that you havnt got a clue how to make a club do what it is supposed to on the field.

Bottom line...we shouldn't have wasted four million bucks on the white elephant pampering palace that is East Mains or at least not when the choice was to either replace half decent players with **** or build it.

Bottom line...ER was rarely full yet we widely increased our capacity with the new east yet served pish on the pitch and expected to fill it.

BOTTOM LINE...we NEED at least three of four decent players NOW (ASAP, not the end of January but now) or we defo are ****ed and we will go down, again. Our team is full of average and sub average, UNFIT and UNSKILLED journeyman give or take 1 or 2 sometimes......

Get this one wrong petrie and you can **** off with our worst regards, IN SPITE of all your "good work" in the past....

ENDOF

After watching the game it is was apparent that we are extremely poor in nearly all departments. If the following players are available they should be signed at the earliest opportunity:
    • Webster
    • Skacel
    • Sutton
    The reason why we are in the situation are contested but what cannot be contested is that we are suffering from an under investment in quality. These players know each other and would offer something immediately in terms quality, experience and fight. Something which has been lacking today but for a considerable period.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    After watching the game it is was apparent that we are extremely poor in nearly all departments. If the following players are available they should be signed at the earliest opportunity:
    • Webster
    • Skacel
    • Sutton
    The reason why we are in the situation are contested but what cannot be contested is that we are suffering from an under investment in quality. These players know each other and would offer something immediately in terms quality, experience and fight. Something which has been lacking today but for a considerable period.
    I would be making Black and Sutton a priority if funds became available. And Danny Swanson from Utd. They would be my three (albeit Danny is injured)

I hope they realise how important the next couple of weeks are. It's not inconceivable that we go out the cup on Saturday, though I would say it's unlikely, even with this side!, and then it's a massive game against Dunfermline.

IMHO, we need players in this week to ensure we get through those two games with wins. Time for Hibs to flex a bit of financial muscle.

This is the key for me, but I really don't believe they do. There is an air of arrogance about the board at Easter Road and I think they don't have a grip on the reality of our current situation, we are NOT too big to go down, despite what they may believe.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Do enough now to keep us in the SPL and in the summer get ****ing REAL, or admit that you havnt got a clue how to make a club do what it is supposed to on the field.
    The other gamble is spend nothing plod along and hope we can get more points than Dunfermline make no bones about it RP Will be looking at that option as well.

Splash cash or take a chance and gradually re build in the Summer write this season off and start fresh for next season finish second bottom but keep the cash.

Its RPs call

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I would be making Black and Sutton a priority if funds became available. And Danny Swanson from Utd. They would be my three (albeit Danny is injured)
    Just came off the phone from my nephew (he was covering the game today on the Radio). You maywell be getting a few of your wishes!!!

Ps Both my nephews are Hearts fans

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Gonna take millions .. To cover losses and invest also.

Sure is ,but it must have been a scenario Petrie would have expected if Pat got off to a bad start .

STF must have been primed for a loan long before these results came about ..

If hes not and we continue as is , I dread to think what the outcome will be

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    Sure is ,but it must have been a scenario Petrie would have expected if Pat got off to a bad start .

STF must have been primed for a loan long before these results came about ..

If hes not and we continue as is , I dread to think what the outcome will be
    the out come is relegation and many years with the finest stadium in the 1st division with 2 to 3 thousand turning up.

one man to blame Don Teflon RP.