hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: £70 Million!

£70 Million!

The rumour is that real madrid are close to putting in a 70 million pound bid for Neymar!

Do you think he's good enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1syP1WIbc

2. Log in to remove the advert

Saw on Sky sports the other week that Barcelona had agreed a deal for him ahead of Real Madrid but i haven't heard anything since . Thought there would have been more made of it since its such a big transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Piqué View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw on Sky sports the other week that Barcelona had agreed a deal for him ahead of Real Madrid but i haven't heard anything since . Thought there would have been more made of it since its such a big transfer.

What i thought aswell, but Santos will know they cant keep him, so it will probably go to whoever bids highest, no matter of any deals made?

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The rumour is that real madrid are close to putting in a 70 million pound bid for Neymar!

Do you think he's good enough?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi1syP1WIbc
    Not Hibs class.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTortolanoFanClub View Post
    Not Hibs class.

Doesnt compare with Danny Galbraith

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Sorry, nae opinion, got drawn in by the OP - thinking it was the value of the Yam debt now, or how much they were confidently expecting to get following the sale.

He's a major talent but at the moment he's an arrogant wee turd, he still hasn't apologized to the tartan army for the racist slur, he could be the only Barca player I've never liked...

Out of interest, just how much in debt are Real? The last I heard, it was in 9 figures.

I'm presuming that UEFA don't plan on implementing any of their financial rules against them or Barca.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Out of interest, just how much in debt are Real? The last I heard, it was in 9 figures.

I'm presuming that UEFA don't plan on implementing any of their financial rules against them or Barca.
    As I understand the rules, it isn't the size that matters (missus), but whether they can service the debt. If they are breaking even (and, IIRC, that is tested over a 3-year period), then that's within the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    As I understand the rules, it isn't the size that matters (missus), but whether they can service the debt. If they are breaking even (and, IIRC, that is tested over a 3-year period), then that's within the rules.
    It's also OK if you owe it to yourselves.

In fact that means it goes away and isn't important.

They arent English so they wont get punished!

Seriously though, both Real and Barca have to be a little worried, the days where they can sell their training grounds to the council and buy back for a few euros are long gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Piqué View Post
    The deal arranged is that Barcelona have paid 10 million euros, to secure Neymar's services at some point between now and after the 2014 world cup. They can pay the rest of the money (wasn't specified) whenever they want to take him. I'd imagine that they will have come to some agreement with Santos to get him in the January or summer of 2013, thereby allowing Santos to keep hold of him for abit longer, with a gauranteed sale to come, prob contributing to his wages as well.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

About 300mill euros at last count, wi a turnover of about 480mil euros, effectifly managable within their structure

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.