hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=scoopyboy;3055075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Towell is only here on loan so it may not be our decision, personally I would put him back to Celtic now if it helped PF get another player in.
    I think Towell was a season long loan

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    [QUOTE=goldenhibby;3055092]
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

I think Towell was a season long loan
    You are correct, however sometimes they can be reviewed by either side in the January window.

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Yes i know he's on loan but I'm undecided whether we can attract snyone better than him or if we can try to make it permanent anyway who in their right mind would want to play for hibs

From our current first team squad I would like to begin next season with the following players.

GK - Brown, Antell

DF - Stephens, Hanlon, Booth

MF - Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Palsson, Osbourne, Welsh

ST - O'Connor, Doyle

I would be comfortable letting Stack, Hart, Murray, Towell, Sodje and Griffiths leave without offering new deals. T

The likes of Galbraith, O'Hanlon, Scott & Sproule have deals beyond next summer but for me haven't shown that they have what it takes to improve the team, I want Galbraith to do well but he's just not taking the chances he's getting.

I do have high hopes for the a number of the under 19's and the players out on loan and can see Crawford, Handling, Caldwell, Smith, Forster, Horribine, Gold & Stanton getting a chance in the next season or two.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    Hopefully your right, but surely nobody is gonna give up a regular income to end up on the dole? Managers often say that you struggle to get quality players in the January window and these 3 prove that saying correct
    (Assuming they are contracted until the end of the season) They'll probably be told they are free to leave and if they are still here on the last day of the window then they may cancel their contract by mutual consent i.e. they will get 2 or 3 months wages as a settlement. The club saves 2 or 3 months wages and the player has a bit of a gamble because they may get a club straight away and end up getting paid twice but then again they might not get a club.

On a similar note, I heard Ian Black was doing some painting and decorating work to cover the gaps in his Hearts salary

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Who knows goldenhibby......I am of the opinion that Scott Smith is most certainly worth bringing back and slotting into left back. I like the look of Handling before Caldwell I have to say. Very surprised Sean Welsh hasn't featured, especially when we have tried everyone esle at bloody right back....he is quite composed and good on the deck.

We really really do lack both creativity from midfield and goals from midfield.....I cannot remember the last McGinlay type, someone who would get you 10 goals from the middle every week....we don't even have full backs that really get forward either.

I do think we need to start getting them involved...........loans to the lower leagues are fine, but if you watch an Arbroath game or East Stirling game, for me, they don't really learn about the SPL and playing around better players. They make you more physical, true......but if you are a technical player, that should (and often does) overtake physicality.........I think we wrap up the young lads too much IMHO.
    Been saying for a couple of years (since the 19s done their double) that Welsh was a cracking talent, and would be worth a go at right back (couldn't see him breaking into the then first team centre midfield). Laddie has a lot of talent and potential. One could say if he's not done it under 3 managers now, he never will, could also say that the club has been in terrible upheaval throughout that time, he's had a few bad injuries, as well as the summer incident with Scott. Either way, I hope he gets a chance to prive he can or can't cut it for the first team.

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    From our current first team squad I would like to begin next season with the following players.

GK - Brown, Antell

DF - Stephens, Hanlon, Booth

MF - Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Osbourne, Welsh

ST - O'Connor, Doyle

I would be comfortable letting Stack, Hart, Murray, Towell, Sodje and Griffiths leave without offering new deals. T

The likes of Galbraith, O'Hanlon, Scott & Sproule have deals beyond next summer but for me haven't shown that they have what it takes to improve the team, I want Galbraith to do well but he's just not taking the chances he's getting.

I do have high hopes for the a number of the under 19's and the players
    out on loan and can see Crawford, Handling, Caldwell, Smith, Forster, Horribine, Gold & Stanton getting a chance in the next season or two.
    Fixed that for you