hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garry O'Connor

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm staggered at the level of abuse O.Conner is getting on the board. Admittely i don't see as much as you guys do but it.s not that long since Levein was being denomised on here for not picking him for Scotland. There's no doubting his ability but obviously his work rate and temperament are what's holding him back. Maybe his court cases are preying on his mind. These things would been taken into account when deciding whether or not to pick him for scotland. I hope gary repays hibs for giving him another chance. . After the 2nd. . He's your one true class player and perhaps just needs a strong or understanding management team to help him through this tough time.
    I can offer a solution to court appearances not playing on your mind - watch the company you keep and stay out of trouble.

He's been absolutely horrible for us in the last two months. Lazy, unfit, and amongst our worst players. We cannot carry anyone in the team right now, yet this is what we do week in week out right now.

I cannot be more honest than saying I'd 100% take a straight swap for Nishy again than put up with this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If Garry is telling everyone who will listen he's off to hunbrox, then get him tae f as soon as possible. He's our captain, and is showing just what that means to him.

I am sick of footballers today, 99% of them dont seem to give a toss about anything other than their wage package, and certainly less about those who have helped and supported them.

His goals certainly have helped us but he's no team player, just another only interested in himself.

Well said G

First Team Breakthrough supersauzee's Avatar
    We probably have the most fickle fans in the world, never happy! its crazy what some folk have been writing on the board the last couple of weeks. As regards to GOC, Bruno is the only one who has spoken some sense. The guy obviously needs LOTS of help and to be fair if it wasnt for him and his goals we would already be relegated! I have heard he is away to Rangers too, good luck to him and he will probably score a barrowload! And I will tell you what we WILL miss him if he goes because who else we got to replace him?!

Doyle has come with a good pedigree but we cant put too much pressure on the lad to produce straight away! We do this with every player that joins Hibs so no wonder they struggle!

Yes the current Hibs squad is extremely poor if not the poorest I have known and that is down to Petrie and CC. Pat has his work cut out and he will know for sure who has to go. I hope to god its a good 9 or 10! Youth is the future therefore I would keep the likes of Stevenson, Stephens, Booth, Spoony, Griffiths, Pallsson.

We got a point last night so lets build on it and see what happens. If we sneak a win on Monday it may be the turning point!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by supersauzee View Post
    We probably have the most fickle fans in the world, never happy! its crazy what some folk have been writing on the board the last couple of weeks. As regards to GOC, Bruno is the only one who has spoken some sense. The guy obviously needs LOTS of help and to be fair if it wasnt for him and his goals we would already be relegated! I have heard he is away to Rangers too, good luck to him and he will probably score a barrowload! And I will tell you what we WILL miss him if he goes because who else we got to replace him?!

Doyle has come with a good pedigree but we cant put too much pressure on the lad to produce straight away! We do this with every player that joins Hibs so no wonder they struggle!

Yes the current Hibs squad is extremely poor if not the poorest I have known and that is down to Petrie and CC. Pat has his work cut out and he will know for sure who has to go. I hope to god its a good 9 or 10! Youth is the future therefore I would keep the likes of Stevenson, Stephens, Booth, Spoony, Griffiths, Pallsson.

We got a point last night so lets build on it and see what happens. If we sneak a win on Monday it may be the turning point!
    Bruno is the one who hasn't had to watch him so he's just going on the theory that GOC should be a big player for us, which rather illustrates the point made by the rest which is we should be seeing an awful lot more from him than he has shown recently.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    His goal aside, he was absolutely abysmal tonight. He couldn't find a teammate all night and looked completely disinterested. wonder if he knows he is going in january?
    He's taking the p*ss if he goes elsewhere in January. He's just been given a 2nd chance by us.

He's scored a decent number of goals - maybe once he gets the court case out the way his form will improve. Great goal last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I cannot be more honest than saying I'd 100% take a straight swap for Nishy again than put up with this.
    Steady on, old chap!

You've taken that too far.

Two things come out of this thread for me;

1-Garry O'Connor is NOT suspended for the derby. Going over the threshold with a booking gives you a suspension 14 days from when the booking was issued. Given that the derby is in 4 days' time, he will be able to play, provided he hasn't been sold and doesn't pick up another injury by then.

He certainly won't be banned.

2-O'Connor's booking CANNOT be appealed. Only straight reds for violent conduct or instances of mistaken identity can be appealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Siralbertkidd View Post
    I heard booking means he is suspended for Monday. can anyone confirm please?

No he won't be. What a shocking choice as captain though.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If Garry is telling everyone who will listen he's off to hunbrox, then get him tae f as soon as possible. He's our captain, and is showing just what that means to him.

I am sick of footballers today, 99% of them dont seem to give a toss about anything other than their wage package, and certainly less about those who have helped and supported them.

His goals certainly have helped us but he's no team player, just another only interested in himself.

Even Pat Fenlon has commented on it.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Two things come out of this thread for me;

1-Garry O'Connor is NOT suspended for the derby. Going over the threshold with a booking gives you a suspension 14 days from when the booking was issued. Given that the derby is in 4 days' time, he will be able to play, provided he hasn't been sold and doesn't pick up another injury by then.

He certainly won't be banned.

2-O'Connor's booking CANNOT be appealed. Only straight reds for violent conduct or instances of mistaken identity can be appealed.

I'm confident that the 14 day rule has been binned, it's 6 bookings and miss the next game. Gary has 4.

STV has a great site for suspensions
    http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...plinary-watch/

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I'm confident that the 14 day rule has been binned, it's 6 bookings and miss the next game. Gary has 4.

STV has a great site for suspensions
    http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...plinary-watch/
    The 14 day rule still applies.

Part B Competitions Except Specified Cup Competitions

1. Suspensions

Please refer to Part D of this Section for further general provisions about serving
    suspensions.

1.1 Accumulation of Cautionable Offences

1.1.1 A player who is reported for six cautionable offences in the same
    Competition/Competition Group during a Season will incur a dated
    suspension of one match.

1.1.2 The suspension shall become effective on the 14th day following the date
    of the match at which the sixth cautionable offence occurred and shall
    apply to matches in the Competition/Competition Group in which the
    reports for cautionable offences were accumulated.

Page 175 on the link below.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resource...20Protocol.pdf

After his booking last night, Sean O'Hanlon is due to serve a one match ban from 11/1/2012, which is 14 days after last night's match.

Although he has only received 5 bookings this season, not 6, which is slightly confusing.

The one thing that IS clear, though, is that O'Connor is not banned for the derby.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    His goal aside, he was absolutely abysmal tonight. He couldn't find a teammate all night and looked completely disinterested. wonder if he knows he is going in january?
    Most of the players fall under that bracket come January so why pick on Garry?

encase you don.t know we are at the wrong end of the league we didn't get there because we are playing great.

we built a white elephant in adding that new stand and the East mains training centre because all iv'e heard over the last few months is questions about the players fitness not being up to scratch.

Has the stadium ever been full since the new stand opened?

We have players that are simply not good enough for the SPL and come January I cant see that changing so get used to this type of farce football.

I just want to say LETS ALL GET INTO THESE JAMBO CLOWNS !!!