hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats right just censor the forum because you diagree

Well I have the right to reply and the post is a crock of shi'ite IMO and a anyone with half an ounce of sanity will see that he has got the team working as hard as they can but the quality of player brought in over the last 12 months is pathetic.

I'd say that his tactics are actually spot on with the ineptitude of the players at his disposal, asking them to do anything other than work hard and close down is suicide. If that team were set up to play expansive football then we would have been torn apart tonight.

Anyway to answer you're 'rolly eyed' reply I fail to see what benefit there is to anyone in starting a thread like this unless there is an another motive for doing so.

Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Paddy doesn't play the game on the park the players do, Still I can't believe we are having this discussion.
    If that fire hadn't taken place at Fir Park and we got the three points he would have been a hero.
    Jesus our defence are woeful and the thought of playing the yams in the next game is utterly frightening.

O'Hanlon CC
    Hart Yogi
    Scott CC
    Pallson CC
    Sodje CC
    Agogo CC
    Thornhill CC
    Brown Yogi
    Stack Yogi
    Sproule CC
    O'Connor CC
    Griffiths CC
    Stephens Yogi
    Galbraith Yogi

Doyle Paddy

I think tonights game was the last chance for a lot of our players to prove themselves as Fenlon appeared absolutley exasperated.
    That was our first result at home in how many games.
    Paddy needs to choose wisely in January and I as a hibs supporter have faith in him.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Paddy doesn't play the game on the park the players do, Still I can't believe we are having this discussion.
    If that fire hadn't taken place at Fir Park and we got the three points he would have been a hero.
    Jesus our defence are woeful and the thought of playing the yams in the next game is utterly frightening.

O'Hanlon CC
    Hart Yogi
    Scott CC
    Pallson CC
    Sodje CC
    Agogo CC
    Thornhill CC
    Brown Yogi
    Stack Yogi
    Sproule CC
    O'Connor CC
    Griffiths CC
    Stephens Yogi
    Galbraith Yogi

Doyle Paddy

I think tonights game was the last chance for a lot of our players to prove themselves as Fenlon appeared absolutley exasperated.
    That was our first result at home in how many games.
    Paddy needs to choose wisely in January and I as a hibs supporter have faith in him.
    CC has broght in the most of the dross.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Well I have the right to reply and the post is a crock of shi'ite IMO and a anyone with half an ounce of sanity will see that he has got the team working as hard as they can but the quality of player brought in over the last 12 months is pathetic.

I'd say that his tactics are actually spot on with the ineptitude of the players at his disposal, asking them to do anything other than work hard and close down is suicide. If that team were set up to play expansive football then we would have been torn apart tonight.

Anyway to answer you're 'rolly eyed' reply I fail to see what benefit there is to anyone in starting a thread like this unless there is an another motive for doing so.

Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .
    Hibs appear to be better set up but still look terrible.
    We were over run by D Utd and the same happened in the 1st half tonight.

I think the whole squad are vey poor and any manager would struggle with this lot but I really think we should be more difficult to score against especially when we are creating nothing up front.

Pat needs a win it does not matter how he gets it he needs it now, the quality of the other teams in the SPL is very poor and even with this crock of XXXX a manager should be able to motivate and organise a team to get a win very soon.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Have to say his choice of subs tonight were poor, why not put another striker on, and Pallson and Murray were never going to win us the game.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    In response to the OP, no, no I'm not. Not at all.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Have to say his choice of subs tonight were poor, why not put another striker on, and Pallson and Murray were never going to win us the game.
    He had the savvy to realise that we were lucky to still be in it and that every point is currently a prisoner. I was glad of a point tonight as it gives us something to build on.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Looked like he was shutting up shop.

As depressing as it is, we still got a vital point tonight which keeps us ahead of the pars (temporarily at least).

I think we're really going to be scraping by for the rest of the season and that'll mean taking whatever we can get, even from the rest of the dross in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    He had the savvy to realise that we were lucky to still be in it and that every point is currently a prisoner. I was glad of a point tonight as it gives us something to build on.
    Sanity at last agreed good post we need something to grasp on to after 4 defeats in a row we now have a point at last its more than CC Could provide.

PF Has been given a bad hand he needs to shuffle it in Jan RP Needs to splash the cash.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    In response to the OP, no, no I'm not. Not at all.
    same

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I'm more worried for him than about him. He must be wondering what he let himself in for.

I have not read all the posts but I know this for a fact

WE ARE *****

We play as individuals and not as a team and at the moment I expect absolutely nothing. And the players are nowhere near good enough.

The last 2 managers have totally ****ed us up with the dross they have brought to the club . 11th is the best I expect at the moment but that may change come the
    1st where I expect another 4 players brought in (not including Doyle)

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Looked like he was shutting up shop.

As depressing as it is, we still got a vital point tonight which keeps us ahead of the pars (temporarily at least).

I think we're really going to be scraping by for the rest of the season and that'll mean taking whatever we can get, even from the rest of the dross in the league.

cany help but Agree with that...

a point was more that worthy....

listening oan the wireless - the commentary was pash - but a point gives us something to go into the derby with... better than a gubbing beforehand = no ??

He needs two years to turn things around at Hibs.

Anyone seriously thinking that he was going to make any real impact after a month in charge, with this current squad, is delusional.

The entire squad, with the exception of literally one or two, is utter garbage and not worthy of wearing the Hibs shirt. It's almost impossible to do anything when things are as bad as that.

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post

Most managers make an 'impact' when a team has went 20 games without a decent game not 3/4 years!!!

His team selection is the best available (bar Sproule) what would you put out???????????

The players lack confidence 1st half evident on a switch of play that took 4 passes when really it should have been done in 2 passes...

To be perfectly honest if i was manager i would get rid off 6 players in Jan....Sproule, Hart, Thornhill, Aggogo, Sodja, Towel....if i was an opposing manager i would pinpoint the side Sproule is on as the weak link....(look at the goals we have let in since his arrival, you will get an idea of why i want rid )

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post

Admins. Please delete this nonsense post.......

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Admins. Please delete this nonsense post.......
    I'll second that.

Thought it was a really positive team selection tonight ,two up front with two attacking wingers the only problem with it was Oconnor, Grifpish ,Galbraith and Sproule were crap. Sproule contributed nothing and I mean nothing.We had two attacking fullbacks too in Spoony and Booth.It was as an attack minded team on paper that we could have fielded. I dont think it was Fenlons fault that the team were p***

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Thought it was a really positive team selection tonight ,two up front with two attacking wingers the only problem with it was Oconnor, Grifpish ,Galbraith and Sproule were crap. Sproule contributed nothing and I mean nothing.We had two attacking fullbacks too in Spoony and Booth.It was as an attack minded team on paper that we could have fielded. I dont think it was Fenlons fault that the team were p***
    we got a priceless point PF Done well.

Not entirely sure what the tactics were but when the players are so woeful, unfit, lazy, and low on confidence, its hard to see what PF can do at this stage.

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Oh FFS how long will it take for our fans to realise its not the manager thats wrong its the players it failed with mixu yogi CC when will we realise Sir Alex Ferguson couldnt get us playing well if you are going to judge the guy wait till he's brought in his players and got rid of this **** how long until the fans are shouting FENLON MUST GO gie the guy a chance FFS

@hibs.net private member
    PF did shut up shop and got us a point. O Hanlon had a header cleared of the line in last minute. Hibs are better organised now but still have so many piss poor players

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes very worried. The changes he made tonight were calderwood like. He needs to be given time but from what I've seen so far I'm worried. The players are pish everyone accepts that but he is still insisting on playing players out of position. Give the younger guys a chance at least your guaranteed 100% effort!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    No. If that had been any of Calderwoods Hughes or even Mixus teams tonight I reckon we would have been pointless.

I don't know about all this "shutting up shop" business.

Sticking Murray in defence and letting Spoony replace an ineffectual Ivan seemed pretty positive.
    I thought we were pushing forward in the last ten without letting ourselves get too exposed (which is still pretty exposed) and it looked like we were pushing with four up front at times.
    I wouldn't say we parked the bus or went for it. I thought we played it just right considering the state we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by hibees707070 View Post
    Yes very worried. The changes he made tonight were calderwood like. He needs to be given time but from what I've seen so far I'm worried. The players are pish everyone accepts that but he is still insisting on playing players out of position. Give the younger guys a chance at least your guaranteed 100% effort!
    Who was playing out of position tonight?

'very worried' about Fenlon, your at the wind up but no very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    I don't know about all this "shutting up shop" business.

Sticking Murray in defence and letting Spoony replace an ineffectual Ivan seemed pretty positive.
    I thought we were pushing forward in the last ten without letting ourselves get too exposed (which is still pretty exposed) and it looked like we were pushing with four up front at times.
    I wouldn't say we parked the bus or went for it. I thought we played it just right considering the state we are in.
    The biggest positive thing he did was haul off Towell for Palsson. Should have done it at Half time.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I was there tonight (first game in a year as I live in S America) and I was shocked at how bad we were. I think that PF needs months and years to fix this, rather than days as the op suggested (silly to say PF should have done more really YH)

Thoughts on tonight while I am on then...Sproule was utterly non-existent, our midfield was powder puff and small, wotherspoon is not a right back and we should build our "new" team round Calum Booth, who for me was the only player in a Hibs jersey tonight who actually looked and player anything like a proper footballer; always looking to pass, always positive and always totally composed. Well done to him.

I am really afraid for Monday. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off putting Scott and Palsson in the starting line-up, not for any reason other than to increase our physical presence and size against Hearts and anything else is a bonus? Yes, I honestly thought we were that bad and I do think it is that desperate. But to return to the op, Fenlon

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Sorry (stupid phone) Fenlon needs a lot of time and more patience than we would normally give a manager. It's really that simple. I really hope we give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I was there tonight (first game in a year as I live in S America) and I was shocked at how bad we were. I think that PF needs months and years to fix this, rather than days as the op suggested (silly to say PF should have done more really YH)

Thoughts on tonight while I am on then...Sproule was utterly non-existent, our midfield was powder puff and small, wotherspoon is not a right back and we should build our "new" team round Calum Booth, who for me was the only player in a Hibs jersey tonight who actually looked and player anything like a proper footballer; always looking to pass, always positive and always totally composed. Well done to him.

I am really afraid for Monday. I wonder if we wouldn't be better off putting Scott and Palsson in the starting line-up, not for any reason other than to increase our physical presence and size against Hearts and anything else is a bonus? Yes, I honestly thought we were that bad and I do think it is that desperate. But to return to the op, Fenlon
    Absolutely spot on about Scott and Palsson for Monday Green Goblin. Leave Sproule and Towell on the bench. If Ozzys fit him for Galbraith.
    we will need to scrap for anything on Monday