hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Anyone else worried about Paddy?

Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Oh no, please no!

Left by mutual consent!
    Think I'll give him another week before I start worrying about him then He'll have tae go

This is a great idea. Post something truly awful, not to say ignorant, about a guy just in the job.

Should he just leave now or should he ask your permission?

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most managers make 'some' impact when they come to a new club even if it's only a few wins to start with just from a fresh / different outlook.

Biggest worry is his team selection / tactics, when I saw the line up there was no way we were ever winning with that midfield. Stevenson and Galbraith should both have gone in the summer and Sproule is past his best. Dave Farrell and Brian Hamilton would look better on a team sheet.

Hope he gets a chance to bring in his own players and improve the situation but his line up / tactics are a big worry for me. . .
    He has very few options all the players in the squad have confimed they are not good enough.

I am wee bit concerned we play Hoofball and do not create chances we made NO Chances tonight scored with our only effort on target.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I must say, his signings have yet to convince me.

He's pishin with someone else's c*ck - jeezo, give him a break.

It's the players that are the fundamental issue at Hibs.

At no point do I say he should go.

Can anyone name a worse HIBS midfield on paper than what was played tonight?

I hope he gets half a dozen players in during the window and turns it around but come on that midfield is the worst I have seen since I have been going to Easter road !

I know it's just your opinion , which you are entitled to , BUT for pity's sake give the guy a chance

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    It's not his fault he's replaced an utter ****ing idiot.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

At no point do I say he should go.

Can anyone name a worse HIBS midfield on paper than what was played tonight?

I hope he gets half a dozen players in during the window and turns it around but come on that midfield is the worst I have seen since I have been going to Easter road !

Your actually digging yourself a bigger hole than in your op.

Crock of ****.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not worried at all. All he is doing is shuffling a losing hand and trying to pick up a point here and there. If we can hoof our way to 11th place by the season end it will be job done, and then a massive clear out.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Last manager to get a response from a failing Hibs team was Blobby.

How did that turn out?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Who?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Last manager to get a response from a failing Hibs team was Blobby.

How did that turn out?
    A Cup Final and blooded some of the best youngsters we've had in 30 years.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    FGS Give the man time he is just in the door 4 bl--dy games he is having to utilise players that are the dregs of yogis team and the dross that CC Brought in.

Jan Window decent cash spent and we can see what PF Can do.:pfgwa

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Can we just delete this nonsense of a thread already

Fair doo's, I know what you are saying for e.g. Martin O'Neil has started to turn things around at Sunderland but we are asking PF to turn around a team who can't and are unlikely to get footballing basics right never mind start winning games.

Some of them are truly out of their depth even at this level and they need to be shipped out pronto.

Hamilton was pish apart from hitting the post in the Skol Cup Final, but at least David Farrell put in a tackle even if it did result in eff all.

His tactics are probably fine it's the players that don't seem to have the talent to execute them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Can we just delete this nonsense of a thread already
    Thats right just censor the forum because you diagree

nope not worried at all, he's making the best with what he's got. you might think his selections are poor, but who else have we got?? calderwood has sapped the life from hibs, and paddy is left to clear up the mess. i have confidence in him, and i reckon he will really strengthen us in the transfer window. i dont think we will see a vast improvement until he's got some new faces in to galvanise the squad, but i 100% back him to keep us up this season, and expect us to be back in the top 6 next season.

Seriously, mods has this idiot not had long enough on this board?

Gets called out as a Jambo about 5 times a season and is still lurking around looking for a rise.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

If you were Fenlon, what would your tactics have been tonight?

Build a time machine to go back in time (when he wasn't manager) and replace the dross in the present?

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teuchter Hibbie View Post
    nope not worried at all, he's making the best with what he's got. you might think his selections are poor, but who else have we got?? calderwood has sapped the life from hibs, and paddy is left to clear up the mess. i have confidence in him, and i reckon he will really strengthen us in the transfer window. i dont think we will see a vast improvement until he's got some new faces in to galvanise the squad, but i 100% back him to keep us up this season, and expect us to be back in the top 6 next season.
    Good post and thanks for adding sanity to this thread yes he is making the best of what he has got which in fairness is not a lot the man is trying to un do 2 years of crap in a few weeks.

His name is PF Not Paul Daniels:pfgwa

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    A Cup Final and blooded some of the best youngsters we've had in 30 years.
    Where we lost to Livingston and tried to give two of the best youngsters away.

He blooded them because he had no choice, not because he was a great manager.

lets judge the man when he gets his own players in........jose mourinho couldnt pick a winning team with the dross pat fenlon inherited.

there will be a lot of unemployed hibs players in the near future

we will get better, the transfer window opens very soon and new players will arrive. keep the faith

Left by mutual consent!
    To early to judge IMO, what I will say is I am expect to see something positive happening at some juncture soon, while I do not expect us to shoot up table I expect an improvement on results if he is a better manager.

I am not interested in "it isnt his players" they are his players now and became his when he joined, CC got away with murder results based on it wasnt his players it turned out it didnt matter he wasnt able regardless.

I hope Pat can turn it as we cannot keep on going like this.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    The reason we have not had the 'new manager' impact is quite simply down to the fact that the entire first team squad at Hibs are in no way near good enough to wear the jersey. They are a disgrace, every last one of them down to a man.

We have no quality, therefore we can't play football.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    To early to judge IMO, what I will say is I am expect to see something positive happening at some juncture soon, while I do not expect us to shoot up table I expect an improvement on results if he is a better manager.

I am not interested in "it isnt his players" they are his players now and became his when he joined, CC got away with murder results based on it wasnt his players it turned out it didnt matter he wasnt able regardless.

I hope Pat can turn it as we cannot keep on going like this.
    It does make you wonder though if its just down to the managers or the players, or if there is something else thats going on. Something thats been going on behind the scenes for what seems like years.

It can't just be coincidence that ultimately every manager & player that has been with Hibs have been rank rotten, or have turned rank rotten very quickly and always look as if they can't wait to leave.

Very worrying and can't help feeling as if we're over looking something.

Expecting pat to turn this shower of keek around - in a Month !!!

some "if" real hibs fans expect too much......

maybe someone can tell the hearts guys who start these threads - it has actually took vlad years to kill the club... he just wants until january to finish the job..