hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andy, you surely don't believe that leaving signings to the last week in the window is all about ensuring we get the best candidates for the position?

In truth, sometimes you just have to allocate that proportion of your budget that is required to get your number one target in on day one, instead of resorting to a few weeks of haggling with two or three different options to see who blinks first and to save the club a few percent on the guy's wages / benefits package.

Speed is sometimes of the essence. I feel that we'll see a bit more urgency in our transfer dealings during this coming window.
    what if we do just give it our best shot on day one and it's either not enough or used to get a better deal somewhere else? Who s to say that doesn't happen in some or most cases?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sorry if I am being a wee bit pedantic here, but we are now on page 2 of this thread and to this point there has been no names mentioned of players coming / rumoured to be coming as originally asked by my post. Lot of good valid points raised but still no leak of any players. ANYONE got ANY info ?

( There has been players names put forward as being the right type of player required but not that they were lined up to be signed by us )
    Last edited by Franck Stanton; 28-12-2011 at 03:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Do you seriously believe that???

Nothing more than a diddy club having a good season. No way can they attract better players than us.
    Did they no sign Cillian Sheridan from under our nose.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    Thank **** they did.

Personally this whole buy early / buy late thing isn't as simple as some folk on here think it is. I want us to get the right players in, if that means waiting, so be it.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Do you seriously believe that???

Nothing more than a diddy club having a good season. No way can they attract better players than us.
    If St Johnstone is a 'diddy' club, then what does that make us?

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Sorry if I am being a wee bit pedantic here, but we are now on page 2 of this thread and to this point there has been no names mentioned of players coming / rumoured to be coming as originally asked by my post. Lot of good valid points raised but still no leak of any players. ANYONE got ANY info ?

( There has been players names put forward as being the right type of player required but not that they were lined up to be signed by us )
    Ahem. See my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Last year's window was a disaster?

Long term maybe as we are saddled with a few players we wouldn't want but it did give us a few results to steer us away from trouble.

What lessons are you suggesting will have been learned?
    My thoughts entirely.

the signings in January saved us. Let's hope this window's batch can do the same - and hopefully make a longer term contribution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hibs were definitely very interested in Jon Daly at Dundee United (not for the first time either) whether that has changed with the arrival of Doyle and the possibility of keeping Griffiths for longer i don't know.

Source is a first team player at Dundee United.

I'm almost certain there will be at least 3 or 4 arrivals in January to ensure our safety and hopefully provide a foundation for the real rebuilding work in the summer.
    Ok I stand corrected - to an extent - can I then ammend my previous to read "Only one player named " as interesting us . The rest of the names quoted are players posters think could do a job for us, not suppossed targets.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    That's the biggest misconception around - and I wish folk here would wise up to it. It's been mentioned often enough. CC wanted him for a year. Sofia only wanted him to go til January. St J were happy to get him until then. Nowt to do with cash.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    what if we do just give it our best shot on day one and it's either not enough or used to get a better deal somewhere else? Who s to say that doesn't happen in some or most cases?
    Well if that is indeed the general issue, then the stats on the timing of our player signings would suggest that we suffer from the same unhealthy level of misfortune with our dealings in the transfer market as we apparently do on managerial recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post

If there are no leaks / rumours then that can only be a good thing. It doesn't mean that nothing is happening. Just that (so far) we're keeping our cards closer to our chest than in previous windows.

A little birdie tells me that Mehdi Taouill is apparently settled in Edinburgh, but not settled at Hearts… hmm….

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    A little birdie tells me that Mehdi Taouill is apparently settled in Edinburgh, but not settled at Hearts… hmm….
    Hope your wee bird is correct, he is a good player and could certainly do a job for us.