hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Heard ........

About any proposed new players coming in during the Jan transfer window? Seems to me there is nothing being leeked from E/R - usually there are posters on here letting us all know of wee snippets/hunches they have but not lately, anyone got any ideas ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About any proposed new players coming in during the Jan transfer window? Seems to me there is nothing being leeked from E/R - usually there are posters on here letting us all know of wee snippets/hunches they have but not lately, anyone got any ideas ?
    I am sure there will be more players in during January. If we don't sign a right back I will be extremely puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I am sure there will be more players in during January. If we don't sign a right back I will be extremely puzzled.
    I am sure we will be signing a few players in Jan, just wondered if anyone had heard any roumours as to who they may be, what positions etc

I'm sure a right back is high on the list of priorities.

Hibs were definitely very interested in Jon Daly at Dundee United (not for the first time either) whether that has changed with the arrival of Doyle and the possibility of keeping Griffiths for longer i don't know.

Source is a first team player at Dundee United.

I'm almost certain there will be at least 3 or 4 arrivals in January to ensure our safety and hopefully provide a foundation for the real rebuilding work in the summer.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hopefully the signing of Doyle this side of the window opening is a sign that we will move more quickly than in previous years.

After the derby we've got Cowdenbeath, Dunfermiline, St Johnstone and Rangers in January. We really need to have new faces on board before the Dunfermline game.

Last year's window was a disaster for us and I think lessons will have been learned. I'm also fairly optimistic that decent funds will be made available for the necessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Hopefully the signing of Doyle this side of the window opening is a sign that we will move more quickly than in previous years.

After the derby we've got Cowdenbeath, Dunfermiline, St Johnstone and Rangers in January. We really need to have new faces on board before the Dunfermline game.

Last year's window was a disaster for us and I think lessons will have been learned. I'm also fairly optimistic that decent funds will be made available for the necessary changes.
    Was glad to see the Doyle signing so early, vast improvement on last years [and previous years] fiasco's when we wait until last few days of window before signings are made. IMO could do with a ch, r/b mid-field general as being urgent and anyone else would be a bonus. [ all signed nearer to start of window rather than late on.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    I am sure we will be signing a few players in Jan, just wondered if anyone had heard any roumours as to who they may be, what positions etc
    Well I'm hoping we do all we can to weaken that shower of ***** ******** who call themselves the Big Team by signing a couple of their players. Billy Brown has the measure of each of them and will know what they're supposed to be paid. Had Hammil not been injured I could have seen us going for him, but there must be other decent players who are keen to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Well I'm hoping we do all we can to weaken that shower of ***** ******** who call themselves the Big Team by signing a couple of their players. Billy Brown has the measure of each of them and will know what they're supposed to be paid. Had Hammil not been injured I could have seen us going for him, but there must be other decent players who are keen to escape.
    Absolutely spot on Crops

Hibernian should be about strengthening themselves and if possible, weakening their rivals at the same time.

You need to remember though that it's not easy doing business in the January window [unless of course you're Leicester and you want to buy Sol Bamba].

Plus of course we're now absolutely skinto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10

You need to remember though that it's not easy doing business in the January window [unless of course you're Leicester and you want to buy Sol Bamba].

Zaliukas and Kello please along with Stevenson. Daly from Utd would be a no bad addition but we have Sodje already on the cards.

Unfortunately I can't see Leicester or any other club knocking at our door on Jan 1 to sign anyone this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief..

Unfortunately I can't see Leicester or any other club knocking at our door on Jan 1 to sign anyone this year.
    Can we not just knock at their door, leave a player or 6 and run away?? ;-)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Think we may see another couple of players from Ireland and a couple of loan deals until the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I'm expecting to see a right back coming in pronto.

An experienced one essential, tall hard tackling type that can chip in with a few goals as well.

Coaching Staff

Last year's window was a disaster?

Long term maybe as we are saddled with a few players we wouldn't want but it did give us a few results to steer us away from trouble.

What lessons are you suggesting will have been learned?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

An experienced one essential, tall hard tackling type that can chip in with a few goals as well.

And they are?.......

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

That sounds like John Brownlie, in fact John Brownlie in his 60's would be better than our current incumbent

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

I saw this boy at East Mains and my mate said he's a right back...might be able to do a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Zaliukas and Kello please along with Stevenson. Daly from Utd would be a no bad addition but we have Sodje already on the cards.
    is Kello not Celtic bound??

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I'm sure silverhibee and scoopyboy will have some info
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Daly would need a fee surely so no danger.

I gather St Johnstone have made a move for Stevenson so that's possible - I had thought he would head to England if anywhere.

Kello and Zaliukas will get decent clubs somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Last year's window was a disaster?

Long term maybe as we are saddled with a few players we wouldn't want but it did give us a few results to steer us away from trouble.

What lessons are you suggesting will have been learned?
    Granted we got the results that we needed in February but I was more getting at the quality of players that we signed. I don't think any could really be described as a success and the general feeling seems to be that another clearout is required.

I was suggesting that by moving quickly this year and getting players in at the beginning of the window instead of towards the end we might have a stronger team and therefore a better chance of staying in the cup and picking up more points.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    I saw this boy at East Mains and my mate said he's a right back...might be able to do a job?

Who is he?

Daly would need a fee surely so no danger.

I gather St Johnstone have made a move for Stevenson so that's possible - I had thought he would head to England if anywhere.

Kello and Zaliukas will get decent clubs somewhere.
    We know we're not able to compete with St Johnstone, hope Stevo has offers from the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry

Who is he?
    Is that no Maicon. Inters Brazilian RB!

Coaching Staff
    Granted we got the results that we needed in February but I was more getting at the quality of players that we signed. I don't think any could really be described as a success and the general feeling seems to be that another clearout is required.

I was suggesting that by moving quickly this year and getting players in at the beginning of the window instead of towards the end we might have a stronger team and therefore a better chance of staying in the cup and picking up more points.
    Moving too quickly can also mean that we end up with more duds.

We can only sign our targets when they are available and that most often happens at the end of the window.

Better to be the right players for the long term than just getting bodies in to help with a couple of games in January surely?

I'm not sure your points actually fit together.

Is that no Maicon. Inters Brazilian RB!
    That's him. Pretty much the same age as Hart though ;)

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    We know we're not able to compete with St Johnstone, hope Stevo has offers from the Championship.
    Do you seriously believe that???

Nothing more than a diddy club having a good season. No way can they attract better players than us.

Moving too quickly can also mean that we end up with more duds.

We can only sign our targets when they are available and that most often happens at the end of the window.

Better to be the right players for the long term than just getting bodies in to help with a couple of games in January surely?

I'm not sure your points actually fit together.
    Andy, you surely don't believe that leaving signings to the last week in the window is all about ensuring we get the best candidates for the position?

In truth, sometimes you just have to allocate that proportion of your budget that is required to get your number one target in on day one, instead of resorting to a few weeks of haggling with two or three different options to see who blinks first and to save the club a few percent on the guy's wages / benefits package.

Speed is sometimes of the essence. I feel that we'll see a bit more urgency in our transfer dealings during this coming window.