hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Sam Stanton

Sam Stanton

Being bigged up by PF is in his thoughts for tonight... what do we know about him ??

:pfgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

That he is not afraid to shoot and has scored 3 goals this season. He works his socks off in midfield as he never stops running

Definately one for the future!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being bigged up by PF is in his thoughts for tonight... what do we know about him ??

:pfgwa
    Great chance of him making it imo, however he's not quite ready yet. Travel with the squad, and bench is the best bet I would think.

watched him at the east of scotland shield final he came on as a sub and transformed the game ran for the whole time he was on the pitch which was over an hour ...Excellent player in the making is good enough YES

Suppose the only way we will find out is by playing him, give the lad his chance, after all - he has to be better than whoever he is replacing as the present encumbants are no great shakes.

@hibs.net private member
    Looked a stand out at under 19's but not but not strong enough for a midfield slot in the SPL, but his time will come.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Would like him to start on the bench tonight.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Now I can appreciate that everyone has their own opinion, to which they are entitled to have , but.....I feel we in Scotland tend to place too much emphasise on size/build/strength.

An awful lot of really good players are/have been on the slight/small side, [ Jimmy Johnstone, Latapy, Zemmamma, Alex Edwards, Cropley, etc etc], if he is good enough, then play him. He will soon learn how to handle the "hammer throwers " he undoubtedly will come up against. Skill will out as they say.

It's not as if he has an awful lot of competition in the first eleven now is it ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Suppose the only way we will find out is by playing him, give the lad his chance, after all - he has to be better than whoever he is replacing as the present encumbants are no great shakes.
    He doesn't have to better at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He doesn't have to better at all.
    Surely cannae be any worse, can he ? Surely no.

Now I can appreciate that everyone has their own opinion, to which they are entitled to have , but.....I feel we in Scotland tend to place too much emphasise on size/build/strength.

An awful lot of really good players are/have been on the slight/small side, [ Jimmy Johnstone, Latapy, Zemmamma, Alex Edwards, Cropley, etc etc], if he is good enough, then play him. He will soon learn how to handle the "hammer throwers " he undoubtedly will come up against. Skill will out as they say.

It's not as if he has an awful lot of competition in the first eleven now is it ?
    Well said

It always makes me cringe when I see people in the Scottish media or on this forum suggest a player isn't good enough because he's too wee. Barry Bannan is one of the best cases on point at the moment.

On bench tonight

I agree with that.....if he`s good enough then play the lad. Doesn`t have tae be played every game but eased intae the team over the season.

Blog Entries
    Every time i have watched him for U19 he is an old fasioned outside left...the kind that gets you off your seat when he gets the ball...not a modern triangular passer...a dribbler...Seen more meat on a butchers pencil...but when he gets kicked he just gets up and on with it

I really hope he makes it as Hibs / SPL need this kind of player...

While on this subject...great to see Sean Welch on the bench regularly as he is another who has quality we are crying out for....

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Play him. What have we got to loose seriously he's not gonna be any worse than what we've got.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Play him. What have we got to loose seriously he's not gonna be any worse than what we've got.
    The way Wotherspoon and Booth have gone backwards and apparently lost all confidence playing in this side would make me wary of sticking any more young lads in. It's a tough one though as we are crying out for a bit of dynamism right now.

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Just to see the name Stanton in the team list again
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.