hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ten minutes I watched of last night's game were. And a lot of games I've started watching and then switched off have been.
    Clearly a lot of games you watch are not crap though, hence the reason why you start watching them.

And he asked "How crap is it?"
    That's asking a question.
    It's no more a question than "How crap are you at making a point?"

It was clearly a statement, used in the way you would turn to a friend at the game and say "How crap is Ian Murray*?". You are not asking for an opinion on the level of crapness displayed by the player, you are stating that (in your opinion) the player is crap. A statement, not a question.

* please note that is simply an example, and may not necessarily be a true reflection of the opinions held by the author
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    Clearly a lot of games you watch are not crap though, hence the reason why you start watching them.

Stoke and AV are two sides I have no interest in watching. I'm interested in football generally, and I was checking the score during the commercial breaks.

It's an anxiety thing.

It was clearly a statement, used in the way you would turn to a friend at the game and say "How crap is Ian Murray*?". You are not asking for an opinion on the level of crapness displayed by the player, you are stating that (in your opinion) the player is crap. A statement, not a question.

* please note that is simply an example, and may not necessarily be a true reflection of the opinions held by the author
    Aye, OK.

But my point, that the standard of play in the EPL is deteriorating, ISN'T crap. The top teams may be as good as ever (though even that's open to question, IMO) but the lower half 'tail' is getting longer and grottier as the years go by.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Aye, OK.

But my point, that the standard of play in the EPL is deteriorating, ISN'T crap. The top teams may be as good as ever (though even that's open to question, IMO) but the lower half 'tail' is getting longer and grottier as the years go by.
    Fair point.

I think football worldwide is deterioating and the older you are the more noticeable it is.
    May well be related to the above observation regarding fitness and athleticism pitted against raw talent.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post

How good a word is rhetorical?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How good a word is rhetorical?
    Very good.