hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member The_Exile's Avatar

Fare dodger launched (literally) off the train....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-16143909

I know they need to say "We're investigating" and "The public shouldn't intervene", but surely that's just for the news article and they'll not actually give a **** that this wee scrote got launched out at Linlithgow?

Should have belted his puss anaw for his lip

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Love this bit

A big man then gets up, grabs the youth and appears to throw him onto the platform at Linlithgow, West Lothian.

Good for the big guy. There's too many wee neds think that they can talk to people and act however they please.

PETRIE, PERTIE GTF!! ** T * Q * M **'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-16143909

I know they need to say "We're investigating" and "The public shouldn't intervene", but surely that's just for the news article and they'll not actually give a **** that this wee scrote got launched out at Linlithgow?

Should have belted his puss anaw for his lip
    First action then the platform launch!

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar

Excellent

Scottish pride restored

The sad thing is the guy will probably end up getting charged with assault. Good on him though, theres too many feral wee radges going about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    No doubt the fare dodger deserved what he got but the big guy might find a visit to the courthouse to explain his actions is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    No doubt the fare dodger deserved what he got but the big guy might find a visit to the courthouse to explain his actions is required.
    Which would be ridiculous, although not condoning people getting leathered in public, especially as there may be bairns about, if you act like a welt, you should get treated like one too. It's cretins like this which get their comeuppance who go greeting to plod about it though, so no doubt the big guy will be ID'd and given a slap on the wrists while the fare dodger gets an arm round the shoulder and some compo* from a train company who's train he should never have been on if he had no intention of paying.

* this is an exaggerated guess

Resident of North Britain Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time for adults to take back some responsibility. I was never in favour of the clip round the ear, but too many people are scared to stand up to kids nowadays. My experience is that confronted by somebody bigger than them, the majority usually have the sense to do what they are told.

I remember being on an LRT bus on Lothian Road, kids at the back of the top deck had been smoking. He said that the smokers should get off, or the whole bus would have to disembark. After a minute of silence from the back, I turned round and said that everyone knew who it was so it would be better that they get off now, as I for one would not be happy with them if I had to get off the bus.

Couple of grunts later and they got off. Edinburgh is particularly bad for people not being prepared to speak up.

Bringing Back the Rainbows

Oan yersel' Big Man!

I think the final paragraph tells you everything you need to know.

Out of all the other passengers who witnessed this incident, NO-ONE has reported it, either to Scotrail or to the Police.

It also mentions earlier in the article that the guy returned to his seat to applause from other passengers.

It's ridiculous to suggest that anything should happen to this guy and hopefully his actions will have made this young ned think twice before he acts like this in the future.

Saw this the other day.

Cheers Big Man
    Quote Originally Posted by <3Morrissey View Post
    Best poster on here IMO.
    Less talk, more gifs.

Only read the article about this in the Sun. I think the "Big Man" is a knob. What if the lad had genuinely been given the wrong ticket by scotrail (knowing scotrail it wouldn't surprise me) and would this "big man" act so hard had it been another "big man" and no just a young lad. The Lad has been chucked of the train miles away from where he wanted to go....anything could have happened to him. Yes he probably shouldn't be shouting and swearing at staff but I know how angry people can get when they know they are right. If I was on that train I probably would have stood up to the coward that thinks its ok to chuck someone of a train. I'm probably completely wrong but that's my opinion for ya :)

Testimonial Due
    As a bit balance to everyone cheering the fat vigilante guy.

Just read that the "Ned" in this story is a student. Claims he fell asleep on the train and was woken up by the inspector, being a bit dozy he handed the guy an old ticket which was of course invalid. Before he had a chance to check again he was chucked off the train. Claims he still has the valid ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Only read the article about this in the Sun. I think the "Big Man" is a knob. What if the lad had genuinely been given the wrong ticket by scotrail (knowing scotrail it wouldn't surprise me) and would this "big man" act so hard had it been another "big man" and no just a young lad. The Lad has been chucked of the train miles away from where he wanted to go....anything could have happened to him. Yes he probably shouldn't be shouting and swearing at staff but I know how angry people can get when they know they are right. If I was on that train I probably would have stood up to the coward that thinks its ok to chuck someone of a train. I'm probably completely wrong but that's my opinion for ya :)
    The ned had been told to get off the train by the Conductor and had sworn at the Conductor. Irrespective of whether it was a ticketing error or not, he should have left the train as instructed and dealt with it at the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Just read that the "Ned" in this story is a student. Claims he fell asleep on the train and was woken up by the inspector, being a bit dozy he handed the guy an old ticket which was of course invalid. Before he had a chance to check again he was chucked off the train. Claims he still has the valid ticket.
    Link?

I doubt the bold bit is anywhere near true, would be interesting to see the ticket as it will have the time on it etc, if that's the case then fair play, he shouldn't have been chucked off, but I prefer the "he's a chav who deserved it" version, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm sceptical. The ned had plenty of time to swear at the Conductor repeatedly and argue for a couple of minutes before being thrown off. He could have found the right ticket with about two minutes to spare before being chucked off.

Edit: According to the Telegraph, they were arguing for a while before the video starts too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-is-named.html
    Last edited by Beefster; 13-12-2011 at 04:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Twa Cairpets's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs
    I'd watch it then before forming your opinion.

Every piece of evidence suggests this is nonsense, although he is a student, a lad I know knows him.

He never once says "hang on let me look for it", or anything else valid that would make me think he's telling the truth. He swears at the conductor, an old boy and takes the position of a spoiled we ned playing the hard man himself.

Whether or not the big lad was a bit on the zealous side is a bit of a moot point. The alternative would have been to have the train sit there until the police came to get rid, delaying everyone on that train and having a knock on effect to the whole rail system for all I know depending on how long they took to arrive or they could have just let him off.

I'm as liberal as you get when it comes to most things, but good on the big lad here. My only concern is that he dumped the wee scrote in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    He never once says "hang on let me look for it", or anything else valid that would make me think he's telling the truth. He swears at the conductor, an old boy and takes the position of a spoiled we ned playing the hard man himself.
    Deserved to get launched for being a surly scrote, even if he did have the right ticket.

A heartwarming video.

Forever i'll be singing... Sean1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibeeSean
    Deserved to be thrown off for just wearing that hat
    Petrie Out.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    A Student eh? What is he studying? Stupidity?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    This lad, Sam Main, was heading from Edinburgh Park to Polmont. He had no valid ticket on him or refused to show it. He refused to hand over ID so that a penalty fare notice could be handed over. He refused to leave the train.
    The conductor knew he was getting off at Polmont so he called his bluff at the prior stop, Linlithgow. The guard refused to let the train move one inch unless a ticket was produced or the lad left the train. This went on for some time, eventually, someone brave/big/stupid enough took matters in their own hands.
    Hopefully this does not end in an assault or breach of the peace charge for the 'big man' it is only right the general public do not have their life(time) dictated by selfish individuals.

SAM MAIN FACEBOOK PAGE, he doesn't seem that jaded by the celebrity he now enjoys!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This lad, Sam Main, was heading from Edinburgh Park to Polmont. He had no valid ticket on him or refused to show it. He refused to hand over ID so that a penalty fare notice could be handed over. He refused to leave the train.
    The conductor knew he was getting off at Polmont so he called his bluff at the prior stop, Linlithgow. The guard refused to let the train move one inch unless a ticket was produced or the lad left the train. This went on for some time, eventually, someone brave/big/stupid enough took matters in their own hands.
    Hopefully this does not end in an assault or breach of the peace charge for the 'big man' it is only right the general public do not have their life(time) dictated by selfish individuals.

SAM MAIN FACEBOOK PAGE, he doesn't seem that jaded by the celebrity he now enjoys!
    Sellick fan
    Onwards and Upwards

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Sellick fan
    Noticed that, thought I'd let someone else raise it. Puts any sympathy for the dude beyond doubt yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Puts any sympathy for the dude beyond doubt yes/no?
    I dunno, I'm warming to him now that I've read on his facebook page that he's a "phenomanom". That must be good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The ned had been told to get off the train by the Conductor and had sworn at the Conductor. Irrespective of whether it was a ticketing error or not, he should have left the train as instructed and dealt with it at the station.
    To be fair, if I knew that I was in the right and someone had told me to get off a train, I wouldn't have gone anywhere.

I absolutely hate being made out to be a liar or someone not believing me when I'm actually telling the truth.

I don't believe that is the case in this instance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Sellick fan
    So we can add ScotRail to the list of conspirators then.