hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually just read through the article from Moira Gordon in the Scotsman http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...commentspage=2

It's astonishing stuff. The players are in a helluva position, and it's interesting to see that the quotes are very clear in saying that the players want out either way.
    There is a lot of whinging and moaning in that article complaining about the authorities doing nothing. So why not make a formal complaint to the authorities? Their situation can't get worse than it is now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Exactly, what's the worst that Vlad can do? Cut their wages? Fine them? That's it. You spoke out to the media I am fining you 5 months wages. You and the rest if the squad won't be payed till March.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Post number 135 on the comments:

"Also, if we all bought an extra pie and bovril at the next home game that would boost the coffers. We could also have another jumble sale in the church hall. We need to do all we can, however small, to raise some money for our beloved club."

That had to be Hammy1874, KiwiDoug, or a Hibby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Post number 135 on the comments:

"Also, if we all bought an extra pie and bovril at the next home game that would boost the coffers. We could also have another jumble sale in the church hall. We need to do all we can, however small, to raise some money for our beloved club."
    Doing that is like pishing in the ocean! They're paying players in excess of £10k a week in some cases, I believe. That's a helluva lot of pies to meet just one wage, for a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    There is a lot of whinging and moaning in that article complaining about the authorities doing nothing. So why not make a formal complaint to the authorities? Their situation can't get worse than it is now.
    I guess they're point is that Romanov is the type of character that could quite easily pay them, then make life as difficult as possible for them by refusing to release them from contracts or let them move club etc. He could essentially scupper their careers for however long they have left on their contracts. They could go years playing no football at all if he was of a mind to do that to them.

Romanov also has the ability to pull the plug on the club at any point, and I know that when Sergio pleaded with them not to complain officially the last time they weren't paid, that he and some of the Lithuanian/foreign players used that point as a big bargaining tool to help their case.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I am with Matty F on this.

Every game they play without paying players must be cheating. They are using players they can't afford.

They should forfeit the points from every match until the wages are up to date. If this is not in the league rules, why isn't it? We all saw Livingston buy the League Cup under false pretences and go belly up immediateley. Rangers could be £45 mill down the stank if HMRC get their way. Dundee and Motherwell went down the same road.

Why do our toothless authorities allow this to happen?

We are playing with our laces tied together compared to the unfair advantages these clubs are creating for themselves.

I just hope a creditor calls them to account fairly soon and we can get this pantomime over.

I for one, will shed no tears over either the club's demise, or the fate of the players, who had choices to make and made ill considerded decisions. The Killie chairman just about summed it up for me with his remarks about Hamill and Taioul, and of course, the decsions the likes of Webster and Barr made.

Hell mend them

I've heard that Vlad has been in protracted negotiations to sell Hearts since the start of the season, the main sticking point being how much of a haircut Vlads bank need to take for the new owners to take on the debt. The players not getting paid is just Vlad trying to force their hand, while at the same time reducing cost and trying to save him loosing any more of his own cash down the Gorgie drain.

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    I've heard that Vlad has been in protracted negotiations to sell Hearts since the start of the season, the main sticking point being how much of a haircut Vlads bank need to take for the new owners to take on the debt. The players not getting paid is just Vlad trying to force their hand, while at the same time reducing cost and trying to save him loosing any more of his own cash down the Gorgie drain.
    The best deal for Vlad would be a Rangers type £1 to walk away type deal and we all know how long that took to put together. The Yams seem to think there's a queue of folk wanting to buy them and, although I dont know for sure, I very much doubt it. As for his "own cash" I very much doubt that also.

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    legally, yes. But they won't because http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23623951/

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    The best deal for Vlad would be a Rangers type £1 to walk away type deal and we all know how long that took to put together. The Yams seem to think there's a queue of folk wanting to buy them and, although I dont know for sure, I very much doubt it. As for his "own cash" I very much doubt that also.
    The problem with that kind of deal would mean he has to write £36M - £50M off the Ubig accounts and I am not sure if that company could take a hit on their P&L that big.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    God helps those who help themselves. Unfortunately none of them have the balls to do so, so god help them.

From the Scotland on Sunday

There have also been claims by those scrutinising Hearts’ financial health ahead of any takeover that the club is in a more precarious position than has been suggested, with the wage crisis just a small part of the club’s problems.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

There have also been claims by those scrutinising Hearts’ financial health ahead of any takeover that the club is in a more precarious position than has been suggested, with the wage crisis just a small part of the club’s problems.

I think anyone with even the most basic grasp of maths could have figured that out, given the disparity between their income and their spending over the last however many years!!

I still can't actually believe that there are people considering a takeover. It would surely go down as the second most monumental waste of money every (after however much Vlad's already spent!).

I don't see what UBIG would have to gain by taking a nominal sum for the club and allowing whoever took over an extended period of time to repay the huge debt.With the world's economy in as bad a state as it is, they'd be far more inclined to recoup as much as they can immediately, and write off the rest - that would mean the club being liquidated with whatever money raised heading back to Lithuania asap.

I just can't think that they're the sort of folk to make a massively magnanimous gesture and practically gift the club to someone else.

The other thing that confuses me is how anyone can see a way of reducing the debt on the off-chance that UBIG did agree to let someone else take it on. They must be close to £40m in debt again (remember that was their limit, given that they can't take money to pay players one would assume that they're either at that limit, or it's been withdrawn and they're on repayments already). £40m for a club the size of Hearts is a terminal debt. They can't and won't trade out of it - for a start they'd need to replicate at least the success of Romanov's first year, but they'd have to achieve it with youth players or players of a much lower standard than they've got just now. Not only that, but they'd need a bigger stadium (so they keep telling us) and a bigger support to come and see them.

It's just impossible. There's every chance that they could get relegated if they lose the majority of their players, and there is no way on God's Earth that they could sustain that debt in the first division, even half of that would kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    I think if there's an intended message in all this the target is the council rather than prospective buyers - the message being "if I don't get the new stadium you promised me, this is what I will do to your beloved Yams". The worry is that certain councillors appear stupid/corrupt enough to take the message on board.

Not long ago HoMFC were trumpeting the prospect of an exciting new stadium and with it a new start for Scottish Football's "third force". The Council even helped to finance a prospectus for the project (never let anyone call it a feasibility study). Then, as soon as some of the brighter councillors made dissenting noises about the idea, Mr Romanov starts losing interest in the club and stops financing them (to a degree). Coincindence? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the council have not yet kicked the idea into the long grass (unless I've missed something) and will be considering the fundamentally flawed prospectus soon.

By any sensible criteria the idea is a non-starter, but we're talking about councillors, politicians and yams here...

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    The problem with that kind of deal would mean he has to write £36M - £50M off the Ubig accounts and I am not sure if that company could take a hit on their P&L that big.
    I don't think there is any chance whatsoever they will take that sort of a hit. I suspect they will cut the Yams expenses down to a bare minimum so that they spend the next few years on life support and milk as much as they can for as long as they can, then sell the land at the PBS and dump the football club for however much some numptie is prepared to pay for a club with no home.

There is a fundamental difference here in that Vlad owns both the creditor and the debtor and the Yams who suspect/are hoping for administration are dreaming. I strongly suspect they will not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

They have also Recently struggled to pay for Police and security... !!! games are getting close to being called off....

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    I think if there's an intended message in all this the target is the council rather than prospective buyers - the message being "if I don't get the new stadium you promised me, this is what I will do to your beloved Yams". The worry is that certain councillors appear stupid/corrupt enough to take the message on board.

Not long ago HoMFC were trumpeting the prospect of an exciting new stadium and with it a new start for Scottish Football's "third force". The Council even helped to finance a prospectus for the project (never let anyone call it a feasibility study). Then, as soon as some of the brighter councillors made dissenting noises about the idea, Mr Romanov starts losing interest in the club and stops financing them (to a degree). Coincindence? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw, but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that the council have not yet kicked the idea into the long grass (unless I've missed something) and will be considering the fundamentally flawed prospectus soon.

By any sensible criteria the idea is a non-starter, but we're talking about councillors, politicians and yams here...
    It's quite in inconceivable that the Council could find any money to finance even part of this delusional project. Apart from the Tram project, they have to finance the urgent rebuilding of two High Schools.

They also have to consider just how much longer they can continue to issue a safety certificate for that timber and asbestos ridden shambles of the main stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    It's quite in inconceivable that the Council could find any money to finance even part of this delusional project. Apart from the Tram project, they have to finance the urgent rebuilding of two High Schools.

They also have to consider just how much longer they can continue to issue a safety certificate for that timber and asbestos ridden shambles of the main stand.
    The prospectus, which was financed by the council, carries a suggestion that the council borrow the money to finance the project with the costs being recouped through rental charges (aye right). I agree entirely with what you're saying, I just hope that the council will too.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    The prospectus, which was financed by the council, carries a suggestion that the council borrow the money to finance the project with the costs being recouped through rental charges (aye right). I agree entirely with what you're saying, I just hope that the council will too.
    They couldn't possibly go ahead with that arrangement given that the Yams will have no credibility in seeking credit whatsoever. They won't be able to guarantee to meet rental costs, so here endeth the plan!

We have , of course, forgotten that the Scottish Government may yet get involved. Even as we discuss the issue, our Great Leader could be negotiating a massive investment by the Chinese.

Left by mutual consent!
    They couldn't possibly go ahead with that arrangement given that the Yams will have no credibility in seeking credit whatsoever. They won't be able to guarantee to meet rental costs, so here endeth the plan!
    The stories that we're reading in the press are probably just the tip of the iceberg. They've probably got a creditors list the length of Gorgie Rd and there's probably a number of court cases pending.

All this waffle about £50m valuation and seeking a buyer is complete tosh.

The club is trading while insolvent and could be shut-down at any time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    They have also Recently struggled to pay for Police and security... !!! games are getting close to being called off....
    You can add Heriot Watt to that wee list too.

The yams have not been in a position to guarantee to meet rental costs for at least four years, yet the council still saw fit to go ahead with and finance this report, and at least a few councillors still seem to be giving it some credence.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the project is likely to be approved (unless Mr Romanov magics up the wages in the next week), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the negative noises coming from the council were the tipping point in his attitude towards the club.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I really, really want to post something sensible here but...............

I just can't stop laughing at this

To all you onlooking Jambos; thank you, just thank you, for giving me an endless succession of laughs recently. How, I repeat how, embarrassed are you right now?!?!

"Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I really, really want to post something sensible here but...............

I just can't stop laughing at this

To all you onlooking Jambos; thank you, just thank you, for giving me an endless succession of laughs recently. How, I repeat how, embarrassed are you right now?!?!

Given our current form and league position, just how depressing would it be for a Hibby were it not for the constant amusement generated from the PBS ?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Given our current form and league position, just how depressing would it be for a Hibby were it not for the constant amusement generated from the PBS ?
    I'm more excited about Hibs right now than I am about Hearts' impending demise.

We're on the up, never been more sure.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

You must be Mystic Meg or Russell Grant

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    You must be Mystic Meg or Russell Grant
    Or pissed

Dafty Jambo Player's

Unpaid Hearts players are threatening to walk away from the club in mid-January if they have still not received their wages by then.
    The Tynecastle squad are unhappy that the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football Association have not intervened to resolve the situation and are willing to become free agents and put their faith in Fifa and the legal system. (Scotland on Sunday)

Why don;t they stop greeting to the press and make an offical complaint...simples really, the player union has told them what to do, seriously are they that stupid????

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead

Tomorrow's news mate