hibs.net Messageboard

Reasons For Rod Petrie (Part 3)

Part 1 was getting us out of the debt. Tough job well done. We all felt the pain but are still here.

Part 2 was managing during that time to build us a compliant ground and needed infrastructure. To get that done with the councils we've had in that time is miraculous. We even had to go out of town for the training centre.

Part 3 will come when he gets to the top of the SFA Monkey tree and becomes President of the Monkeys.

Hibs would never have had the success they did in the 1950's without Harry Swan fighting our corner in the SFA's office as Vice-President. Ditto Dick Donald at Aberdeen. Pat Stanton in his book, The Quiet Man, says that Turnbull's early 70's team would have been more successful if our reps had held a higher position.

I'm no fan of Rod's as far as his skills choosing a manager is concerned and generally I would say any guy in his position has usually shot their bolt after 10 years or so. However I also don't doubt his attachment to the club. Whatever his past the guy is a Hibby, no doubt. Seems like we'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face if we took him to task now. An ally in power at the SFA is a rare thing for Hibs.
    Last edited by Kato; 29-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part 1 was getting us out of the debt. Tough job well done. We all felt the pain but are still here.

Part 2 was managing during that time to build us a compliant ground and needed infrastructure. To get that done with the councils we've had in that time is miraculous. We even had to go out of town for the training centre.

Part 3 will come when he gets to the top of the SFA Monkey tree and becomes President of the Monkeys.

Hibs would never have had the success they did in the 1950's without Harry Swan fighting our corner in the SFA's office as Vice-President. Ditto Dick Donald at Aberdeen. Pat Stanton in his book, The Quiet Man, says that Turnbull's early 70's team would have been more successful if our reps had held a higher position.

I'm no fan of Rod's as far as his skills choosing a manager is concerned and generally I would say any guy in his position has usually shot their bolt after 10 years or so. However I also don't doubt his attachment to the club. Whatever his past the guy is a Hibby, no doubt. Seems like we'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face if we took him to task now. Am ally in power at the SFA is a rare thing for Hibs.

Good post Kato, I feel under Rod we have had to many false dawns and I hope this is not another, I felt and still do that he is part of the reason we are at another dawn. Mistakes are allowed but 2 or 3 in a row I think was a bit much.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Good post Kato, I feel under Rod we have had to many false dawns and I hope this is not another, I felt and still do that he is part of the reason we are at another dawn. Mistakes are allowed but 2 or 3 in a row I think was a bit much.
    My Taxi awaits RP for free of course.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    My Taxi awaits RP for free of course.
    He should feel privileged getting a ride in Norton's taxi

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Mistakes are allowed but 2 or 3 in a row I think was a bit much.
    Totally agree. Just feel it would be a chance missed.