hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Expect a battle for the first few weeks between PF and a few of our squad who consider themselves 'superior' to him, having rubbed shoulders with the English Premiership and Championship.

These prima donnas will either come round to show PF the respect that the Manager should be shown, or they'll be defenestrated.
    Great word!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post
    Only 6 points from 8 home games (abysmal), 8 points taken from 8 away games.
    8 points from 8 away games is not too shabby. We have been to Parkhead, Ibrox and the PBS (and got **** all, I know - but we've been to Inverness and Paisley too). In the past 'Premier League' seasons I have witnessed (all of them since '75-76), a point away from home in every away game allied to a formidable home record would have us through most things and kept the majority happy. Might not win the title, might sneak Europe more often than not - take that form into the cups and bingo! Shame the cabbage have been so utterly, utterly, utterly despairing at home and that is the first wrong Fenlon has to right

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    8 points from 8 away games is not too shabby. We have been to Parkhead, Ibrox and the PBS (and got **** all, I know - but we've been to Inverness and Paisley too). In the past 'Premier League' seasons I have witnessed (all of them since '75-76), a point away from home in every away game allied to a formidable home record would have us through most things and kept the majority happy. Might not win the title, might sneak Europe more often than not - take that form into the cups and bingo! Shame the cabbage have been so utterly, utterly, utterly despairing at home and that is the first wrong Fenlon has to right
    Makes you wonder what the problem re home form is though doesn't it? Too much pressure to win? Too many 'supporters' hurling abuse at any player who makes the slightest mistake? Or do you think our style of play (if we have one!) is more suited to playing away from home?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Yogi got you excited enough to make a rare European Pilgrimage. If I mind right.

Still voting with your feet? Ya bum!
    I'm not even on the register of electors, ya tube.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Makes you wonder what the problem re home form is though doesn't it? Too much pressure to win? Too many 'supporters' hurling abuse at any player who makes the slightest mistake? Or do you think our style of play (if we have one!) is more suited to playing away from home?
    No argument from me there my friend. Our lunatics have taken over our asylum. Time we strapped them down and sedated them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm not even on the register of electors, ya tube.
    Nor should you be, even though I love you, JPII, Lech Walensa, Gregorz Lato and the 'Sandanista' album ( ) to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If we had got fergie, then yes we'd all be excited and thinking the good times were just round the corner.

We did not though, and while i admire the way you are thinking, i dont share the optimism.

I will be there on friday supporting hibs, if Paddy can perform some kind of miracle, and get these wasters looking like some kind of football outfit, the excitement may well return.

Until then its just words to me.
    BH, I don't think I've ever seen you share in any of the optimism when it's being passed around on .net so you are at least being true to yourself in being a bit of a miserable sod

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    BH, I don't think I've ever seen you share in any of the optimism when it's being passed around on .net so you are at least being true to yourself in being a bit of a miserable sod
    Check my posts under the first 9 months under Yogi, or even most of Mowbrays tenure, i was happy as a sand boy. In fact i was fending off the criticism, remember how lucky we were to be sitting 3rd, 2 points from 2nd?

I find this funny how i'm supposed to be in some sort of high for no real reason, yet when we actually are doing well, and punching our weight, a lot of folk couldnt/wouldnt get behind the club

Forgive me Ian for not being too excited when nothing has actually happend, when we do something worth being excited, nobody will be more happy and excited than me.

Check my posts under the first 9 months under Yogi, or even most of Mowbrays tenure, i was happy as a sand boy. In fact i was fending off the criticism, remember how lucky we were to be sitting 3rd, 2 points from 2nd?

I find this funny how i'm supposed to be in some sort of high for no real reason, yet when we actually are doing well, and punching our weight, a lot of folk couldnt/wouldnt get behind the club

Forgive me Ian for not being too excited when nothing has actually happend, when we do something worth being excited, nobody will be more happy and excited than me.
    I would have thought the Calderwood cloud having been removed from hanging over the club would have at least let the odd ray of light through, even in Blackpool in November

There is a feeling of happiness, well maybe relief is a better word, on here around the club that has been missing for the best part of the last 2 years, perhaps its irrational hope seeping through or just that Pat Fenlon comes across well and more articulate and geniunely enthusiastic at being Hibs manager than CC ever was

Change of manager, as we well know, does not necessarily mean that things will get better, but at least it gives us an excuse to be positive, and he still has to work with this bunch of half arsed underachievers and god knows what he will get out of them, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss

The Hibs rollercoaster is primed to go again, are we all on board for the ride

First Team Regular Bohemian_Hibee's Avatar
    Just on the home form/away form debate, we (Bohs) had the best away record in this seasons League of Ireland with an impressive 10 wins and 5 draws in 18 games. However our home record was quite poor winning only 7 of our 18 games. Fenlons sets up his teams so that they are difficult to beat and usually plays a 4-5-1 formation, which worked well away from home, but was often copied at Dalymount much to the frustration of the home support.

Good piece on Fenlon in the currant bun this morning,

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...rs-havent.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I would have thought the Calderwood cloud having been removed from hanging over the club would have at least let the odd ray of light through, even in Blackpool in November

There is a feeling of happiness, well maybe relief is a better word, on here around the club that has been missing for the best part of the last 2 years, perhaps its irrational hope seeping through or just that Pat Fenlon comes across well and more articulate and geniunely enthusiastic at being Hibs manager than CC ever was

Change of manager, as we well know, does not necessarily mean that things will get better, but at least it gives us an excuse to be positive, and he still has to work with this bunch of half arsed underachievers and god knows what he will get out of them, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss

The Hibs rollercoaster is primed to go again, are we all on board for the ride
    Agree 100%

Think some are determined to sit behind their keyboard in 9 months time and say I told u so! Not sure what appointment would have made BH & Co excited?

Coaching Staff
    We're not good enough at home, simple as that - at home you have to dominate and create and we don't have the players to do that.

Away from home you can sit in and try and hold out. We've been lucky enough to do that on occassion. At Inverness and St Mirren we had long spells of being totally over run but we got away with it.

So for me its nothing to do with the home support its far more to do with not having good enough players or tactics to win games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin80 View Post
    Agree 100%

Think some are determined to sit behind their keyboard in 9 months time and say I told u so! Not sure what appointment would have made BH & Co excited?
    Why would any Hibs fan want us to fail, as thats basically what you are saying?

I'm also not sure who the club could have appointed that would have made me excited, but i'm sure as hell not going to get excited over this team, as thats exactly where we are at this minute, exactly the same Hibs side that Calderclown assembled

I know words mean nowt it's a result driven business but in the last week i feel alot more confident in Fenlon than i did the 18mnth of Calderwoods rein atleast he has a bit of enthusiasm and he wants to be at Hibs Calderwood Didn't!!!! He will get my patience and time to turn our great club around, i wont start judging him till nxt season he needs tie to make his mark.

GGTTH
    Last edited by dazza; 30-11-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We're not good enough at home, simple as that - at home you have to dominate and create and we don't have the players to do that.

Away from home you can sit in and try and hold out. We've been lucky enough to do that on occassion. At Inverness and St Mirren we had long spells of being totally over run but we got away with it.

So for me its nothing to do with the home support its far more to do with not having good enough players or tactics to win games at home.

For too long now, we've been relying on opportunistic goals... Deeks.... now GOC, over the last few years (Stokes was a nice change and big relief in between).

I think away sides enjoy our pitch and space and can exploit our weaknesses quite easily on it.

A fluky win at ICT IMO....and whilst the St Mirren game was a good win away, we had fine finishes that saved us from another defeat that day. Those opportunistic (is that really a word) finishes and taken our few chances, can't happen that often and hence we're losing much more than we draw or win.

I like what Pat has said, in that we have a great training ground and great stadium... the players should thrive on that and enjoy it. Fingers crossed he can change the whole mindset, attitude, fitness and get our great club in a healthier state on the pitch. I have a St J fan that loves it when Hibs are up next for them.....We need to change this and have teams not fancying playing us.

I'm also not sure who the club could have appointed that would have made me excited, but i'm sure as hell not going to get excited over this team, as thats exactly where we are at this minute, exactly the same Hibs side that Calderclown assembled
    Completely agree......... whilst I have a tad of hope now just because we've a new man in and CC is gone......it doesn't mean I'm exited or expectant of any improvements.

Too much talk done down ER way and it's about time the fans went to ER and no matter the result can at least have a pint after the game and say to their mates, ah well, they gave it a good go. Be proud of our time and naturally applaud them off the pitch home or away. We're all just desperate to be supporting the team again in an enthusiastic manner... just too many fans have been let down time and time again and why should this time be any different.

Promising Youngster
    Does anyone at Hibernian TV have experience of video making? The sound is terrible and has always been and the editing and interview set ups are not what I would expect to get as a subscriber. As someone who works in producing web media videos it frustrates the hell out of me that the Hibs video productions are a long way short of professional. A decent lapel mic would be a start, but going of previous experience they will probably have it too loud and distorted. Genuinely, if they need help there are pointers to give to imporve things, like using a 16:9 image and better sound to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Completely agree......... whilst I have a tad of hope now just because we've a new man in and CC is gone......it doesn't mean I'm exited or expectant of any improvements.

Too much talk done down ER way and it's about time the fans went to ER and no matter the result can at least have a pint after the game and say to their mates, ah well, they gave it a good go. Be proud of our time and naturally applaud them off the pitch home or away. We're all just desperate to be supporting the team again in an enthusiastic manner... just too many fans have been let down time and time again and why should this time be any different.
    Like you i'm more optimistic now that calderclown is away, but i'm going to have to be convinced Paddy has anything about him by actions, not words. I have heard far too many words from managers over the years and take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Give me some results, good performances and a smile back on the supports faces, and then i will get excited. Over to you Paddy.

First Team Regular Bohemian_Hibee's Avatar
    Like you i'm more optimistic now that calderclown is away, but i'm going to have to be convinced Paddy has anything about him by actions, not words. I have heard far too many words from managers over the years and take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Give me some results, good performances and a smile back on the supports faces, and then i will get excited. Over to you Paddy.
    Yep, agree with this and in fairness I think that's what Fenlon has said too. Talk is cheap, he know's that. Only a few decent performances/results will start attracting the 'lost' fans back. Here's hoping..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

You should at least be happy that CC has gone?

We have a new manager in charge, one who has by all accounts achieved quite a lot in recent years. To state the obvious we can either be excited, ambivalent or outraged. Why not get excited about the future?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    You should at least be happy that CC has gone?

We have a new manager in charge, one who has by all accounts achieved quite a lot in recent years. To state the obvious we can either be excited, ambivalent or outraged. Why not get excited about the future?
    I think its called bitter experience.

I like the look and sound of Fenlon, but BH is right, it's no different to what Collins, or Mixu, or Hughes all said. People just start to see the negatives in what's being said when the evidence on the park starts to change a bit.

I think we'd all love for this to be the guy that can back it up consistently but I think its early to get too excited by a few words.

What we should all be doing just now is backing him and supporting him which I think everyone seems prepared to do.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Agree completely and sorry if it sounded like I was having a go - should have put some kind of smiley in!
    I know you weren't having a go but the rubbish being said by others about Billy Brown being on his way out was unfair and untrue because I believe and hope the Pat Fenlon and Billy Brown make a good team and move us in the right direction.