hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Having just saw the highlights from the weekend i expect defeat.

The goals we give away every single week are cringeworthy, Basic defending we just cant seem to grasp. No one knows what they are doing.

2.0 Motherwell.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Add me to the long list that expect a loss. But what I am hoping for is more application from our players, both mentally and physically.

BTW, what is the point of a Friday evening kick off if the game has not been moved for TV?

I dont expect a lot really. Like I've said before, its not a lack of effort, its the lack of the ability to play as a team and some players not being good enough. We hardly got a kick of the ball at ER against Motherwell, so I guess I would even just be happy if the possession stats were a bit better than 70% in Motherwells favour.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The goals we give away every single week are cringeworthy, Basic defending we just cant seem to grasp. No one knows what they are doing.

2.0 Motherwell.

And the big worry is Andy that we will not be able to do anything with the defence until January, we are stuck with the crap at the back and i can only see them leaking more goals until January, where we are sitting in the league come Jan is the big worry, will be there but cant see us taking anything from the game on Friday and i do have a worry that Motherwell might give us a bit of a gubbing, and then we have Rangers the next week at home and we never do well against them at ER.

As i said in another post Pat Fenlon will need to be a miracle worker with the squad that we have, hope he got through customs okay with that big bag of Irish luck, hopefully it will be better than Yogi's magic gold dust.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post

2.0 Motherwell.
    Agreed at best a nil nil draw the point would be welcome though and a good start for PF.

While I expect a defeat, I do hope to see some signs of better defensive organisation and a grittier performance to show that Fenlon is making a difference (even if he has only had a few days). I'll be judging him right from the start, I don't expect miracles, but I would like to see some signs of the hard work he referred to in his recent interview.

Blog Entries
    I expect Fenlon to get an even clearer view of the mountain he has to climb. Motherwell to cruise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I expect it will be freezing.
    This. High winds; drizzle and cold as a welldiggers ass. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2642135

Pat The Miracle Man will be just that if he's managed to make any difference in 3 or 4 days.

A draw would be a decent result.

Think we'll win 2-1. We've proved already this season that you don't have to be good to win a game.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I expect more of the same, a few loses and draws then the odd win.

What i expect Fri is some more fight and effort from Hibs than shown in the last 18mnths, I really like the sound of Fenlon i know interviews mean nowt it's results that count but I feel alot more confident listening to him that he can turn us around given time and backing from the board than Calderwood. I just wanna go Fri give my full support and make as much noise as possible!!!! For a tenner entry you just cannae whack it. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    Expectations are none
    dont expect to get anything from the game still too soon for PF to get this team into shape...i hope we will see a reaction from the team and the work ethic a bit better....

suspect it will be a solid defensive formation put out to try and make us harder to beat....
    get a strong defence then build from there
    No expectations, yet you expect a reaction & a better work ethic. To be fair to you that is something we should have anyway.
    I expect the team to be working their bollocks off for 90 minutes, playing as if their careers depend on the result.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ****pile View Post
    No expectations, yet you expect a reaction & a better work ethic. To be fair to you that is something we should have anyway.
    I expect the team to be working their bollocks off for 90 minutes, playing as if their careers depend on the result.
    I expect this every week, no matter who the manager is. Having a new manager at the helm wont imo make the slightest difference, as most of this squad are just nowhere near good enough.

Most have trouble trapping a ball, passing the bloody thing and basics like that should be instilled already in them.

Add not being able to tackle, mark their men or match their opponents physically , we need another clear out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I expect this every week, no matter who the manager is. Having a new manager at the helm wont imo make the slightest difference, as most of this squad are just nowhere near good enough.

Most have trouble trapping a ball, passing the bloody thing and basics like that should be instilled already in them.

Add not being able to tackle, mark their men or match their opponents physically , we need another clear out.
    It's coming yet ...

I'd be pleased with a draw given recent form.

6-6 - naw - could never happen.

i think we will get a tanking or scrape a jammy draw

Just got a wee feeling the tide will turn on Friday night, followed up by a decent display and draw against Rangers.

What would be amazing is if we fill our stand and they have to open up other parts of the ground for us which will inspire the players and make the new recruits think 'it is true we do have a support, and play for a big club in Scotland'....but that is too much to expect just now.

The price of the game is something we have all moaned about, but now at least one club is putting it into action of reducing the prices, time to repay and show clubs throughout the league that the crowds will come back if we have a bit of logical thinking towards reducing ticket prices.

Hibs to win 3-2 after being 2-1 down at half time. Griffiths (2) and O'Connor

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Is the game on Zitelli?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Is the game on Zitelli?
    don't think so, don't even think it is getting coverage on the radio other than real radio being present doing their phone in show

I don't have any expectations for the result but....

I do expect the players picked to work hard for the entire game not just bits of it.

I expect 100% concentration throughout the game, nothing wrong with making a mistake as any player can but losing goals because a midfielder or forward failed to track a run or a defender dawdling on the ball at the back shouldn't happen in any game.

Get those thing right and the rest can be filled in as they go along

Is this game on TV with it being a friday night, I cant find it listed on Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by HFC07 View Post
    No, it's not on TV. Part of an experiment to see if Friday night football can attract more fans - well done to MFC for reducing the prices and hopefully it will mean a bigger Hibs support than usual (I couldn't have gone had the game still been on the Saturday but will now be able to make the game).

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same team...........different manager
    Same result..........different post match analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Is the game on Zitelli?
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC07 View Post
    No, it's not been moved to Friday night because of TV. It's been moved because it's the latest game in a long line of games being used as an experiment by the SPL to try out Friday night football.

It will be on Radio Scotland, though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    More effort, a bit more belief and some passion that is all.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Expecting a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat. Hoping that Nutsy can get our defence sorted so we can start keeping clean sheets.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

It wont happen in January BH, we probaly cant afford to get rid of them and nobody will want them either they are that bad, no doubt the manager will be allowed to bring in a couple of players in the window to strengthen the team but we are stuck with this lot until the end of the season and can they be trusted to keep us in the league, as you say if they haven't learnt the basics by now they never will, and i am sure the last incumbents worked on the back four but its the players fault at the end of the day to get it right on the pitch, they never do and it will just continue as they are just very poor players.

Cant see us taking a point in our games in this month.

Hope to see much more communication, fighting spirit from the team and togetherness (especially at the back). Can't expect too much of the new management team in 4 days but i'm sure the players will be out to impress.

A point will do nicely for starters but having seen motherwell play Aberdeen at pittodrie a few weeks ago they are a good side going forward.

Good luck PF. :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyonesauzee4 View Post
    Hope to see much more communication, fighting spirit from the team and togetherness (especially at the back). Can't expect too much of the new management team in 4 days but i'm sure the players will be out to impress.

A point will do nicely for starters but having seen motherwell play Aberdeen at pittodrie a few weeks ago they are a good side going forward.

Good luck PF. :pfgwa

That will do for me as well.