hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Expectations For The Motherwell Game ?

What are your expectations for the Motherwell game on Friday?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Difficult one. I'd like to see some improvement but at the same time you can only expect so much in a week. Fenlons taking the project seriously and has started clearing out backroom staff so his concentration will not be 100% on the playing side until he's sorted this. He seems to have realised in a few days what CC and Yogi never did, that it's not just the players on the pitch that need changing to improve performances. IMO the clubs rotting from the core and it needs fixed, hopefully he's the man to sort it. Every game will be a trial for every player from now until January. After the transfer window, that's when I'll start really looking for big improvements. In the meantime I think he should beable to keep us around 8th/9th with the dross that we've got, then start looking upwards.

First Team Breakthrough gackohibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gackochan PSN ID: Gackochan
    My expectation is to not get beat!!! again!

Im sure we havent changed much in a week, however it aint hard to see that the soft goals weve lost is down to a lack of concentration when man marking in the box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Difficult one. I'd like to see some improvement but at the same time you can only expect so much in a week. Fenlons taking the project seriously and has started clearing out backroom staff so his concentration will not be 100% on the playing side until he's sorted this. He seems to have realised in a few days what CC and Yogi never did, that it's not just the players on the pitch that need changing to improve performances. IMO the clubs rotting from the core and it needs fixed, hopefully he's the man to sort it. Every game will be a trial for every player from now until January. After the transfer window, that's when I'll start really looking for big improvements. In the meantime I think he should beable to keep us around 8th/9th with the dross that we've got, then start looking upwards.
    Couldn`t agree more regarding the structural changes and hopefully we`ll see a dramatic change in the mindset of the players who are picked to represent the team on the day.

A positive performance with some attacking endevaour, better organisation in defence and 100% effort throughout. Sort those out and the result will sort itself out.

I'd like to see the team set out differently, possibly a 442 if we have enough strikers available. Signs of looking a bit more organised and with a will to win.

If we could have that, and any score other than getting beaten too heavily, that would be progress for me.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    Expectations are none
    dont expect to get anything from the game still too soon for PF to get this team into shape...i hope we will see a reaction from the team and the work ethic a bit better....

suspect it will be a solid defensive formation put out to try and make us harder to beat....
    get a strong defence then build from there

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    My expectations are fast flowing Brazilian style football with plenty of Hibs goals. One of the players must run up to a corner flag and do the famous Ronaldinho celebration. The boy on the tanoy must do the traditional "gooooooooooooal" after each of the 7 goals go in.

I don't think its too much to ask from the new man.

If it doesn't happen, off with his head i say!

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    My expectations are fast flowing Brazilian style football with plenty of Hibs goals. One of the players must run up to a corner flag and do the famous Ronaldinho celebration. The boy on the tanoy must do the traditional "gooooooooooooal" after each of the 7 goals go in.

I don't think its too much to ask from the new man.

If it doesn't happen, off with his head i say!
    Not looking for much then !

Coaching Staff
    Set the team up positively and in a solid 4-4-2. Show you are there to win, not defend/be scared to lose. Combative midfielder to stick to Keith Lasley like glue. Play higher up the pitch so the likes of Humphreys has more yardage to cover. Drop Stack.....they will pump high balls all day into the box if the likes of Hammell and co are not closed down, and Stack is woeful if such tactics are employed. Get Boothy at left midfield.

Job done now where do I apply.......................

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    So are you going then...?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    Expectations are none
    dont expect to get anything from the game still too soon for PF to get this team into shape...i hope we will see a reaction from the team and the work ethic a bit better....

suspect it will be a solid defensive formation put out to try and make us harder to beat....
    get a strong defence then build from there
    I agree with this but a solid defensive formation relies on players taking on board comment and doing the job correctly. Having watched the highlights of the StJ game the 2 centre half's were the reason we lost that game, they were both abysmal. Whilst I want to give Stephens some latitude as he is young I do honestly believe that O'Hanlon is one of the worst CH's we have had at the club (and that includes Murdoch). The big thing for me will be who he picks as much as the formation.

Always seems a good game between us and well, I will settle for a draw and to see some improvements within the team. Not expecting much i must say as its the managements teams first week, but i'd hope the players are out to impress to keep there position in the starting 11.

Some sign of even a little improvement will be good enough for me. I think Pat knows he has a job on his hands after seeing the teams performance on saturday.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Not looking for much then !
    Got to keep things realistic. The last thing we need is fans flying off the handle again.

Coaching Staff
    I'd like to see how PF sets out the team and who his personnel are. It would be good to see players playing for their places and a lot less complacency, a bit more urgency and people being a bit more up for it.

I don't expect a win (just as well) but as long as we at least look more co-ordinated, organised and determined then I can't ask for more than that.

I would like to see a much fitter team by Chrimbo - far fewer players running out of steam by half time like we've seen recently.

Expectations are low but that is nothing new. It would be good to see some positive progress no matter how small.

@hibs.net private member
    three points to Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    A marked improvement on the dross we have been witnessing recently....

Hopefully he'll give them a good rocketing, and tell them that he has plans for the team, and if they want to be part of it, then they really have to shape up NOW. I've been talking to a good pal who is a Boh's ST holder. He tells me that one thing about Nutsy is that he won't dither or fanny about, he'll make up his mind fairly quickly about about what he has and what he needs, and be fairly ruthless about going about getting it.

I expect them to be organized and motivated. We won't suddenly have more quality in the midfield, and we won't stop making stupid errors through bad concentration/inability at the bad, though we'll hopefully cut down on them.

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Plenty goals
    Good away support
    Great atmosphere
    A clean sheet

too soon for any team improvement. My expectations ? - the half-time pie is hot

just some progress really

would be happy with a draw, but don't really see it

Nothing much, needs to be blank slate time.

We can't expect miracles after him having all of 4 days training with them.

First of I'd like to see us become fitter and harder to beat over the next few games. If that means 4-5-1's, so be it. I'm not gonna be one of those folk writing a game off before kick off because I don't like the formation.

On Friday I don't know. If the players have a reaction to everyone they've been working with getting booted out the door maybe we will be good and kick on straight away, if not then I expect more of the same until they are replaced by guys who give a crap.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Plenty goals
    Good away supportGreat atmosphere
    A clean sheet

I have got a feeling that Hibs will have a very good support at Motherwell on Friday night, think the fans will turn out in there numbers for Nutsy's first game in charge for Hibs.

Seems to always be good games against them through there with plenty of goals, lets hope Hibs score more than them.

:pfgwa :pfgwa

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    too soon for any team improvement. My expectations ? - the half-time pie is hot
    You'll be lucky. I remember a few seasons back standing in the queue at half time for 15 minutes only to be told when it was my turn to be served that they had run out of tea. Disgraceful and I think I even missed a Hibs goal when I got back to my seat.

@hibs.net private member
    Not overly optimistic but hope to see better attitude and application.

Would like to see us go back to a central defence of Murray and O'Hanlon. Felt we were more secure when they were together before Murray got injured.

Agree about comments regarding Stack. His failure to come off his line and cut out the ball across the 6 yard box has cost us too many goals

Would hope PF goes 442 and my choice would be

Brown

Towell
    O'Hanlon
    Murray
    Hanlon

Scott
    Palsson
    Osbourne
    Booth

GOC
    Agogo

Subs

Stack
    Stephens
    Welsh
    Thornhill
    Sproule
    Sodje
    Griffiths

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Expect to get beat. Won't be a huge surprise if that happens. If we get the same meek surrender that happened at McDiarmid, then surely some players have reached the end of the road.

I expect a comfortable home victory.

I don't expect much, if anything at all, to have changed from last weekend or the numerous other weekends from the last two years.

This mess will take months for Fenlon to even begin to sort out.

Being honest, I think we will get beat. If there is going to be a change in that team it will be a mirracle if it appears that quickly! Stranger things have happened though..

'Mon the Hibs! Prove me wrong.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I expect it will be freezing.