hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Stevenson forced the issue in some way?

I don't think Fenlon would boot out somoene as respected as you say he is without some sort of foundation, so perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye.
    Where would he go now in the youth set up? He's been replaced by Jim McDonagh, and clearly he wouldn't be wanting to take a step down to make way for Stevenson again, and I doubt Stevenson would want to be working under McDonagh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AS pop up at Celtic with John Park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    I'm just laughing at peoples autocorrecting phones as they type in Pat Fenlon as it changes it to fat pension.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    I'm just laughing at peoples autocorrecting phones as they type in Pat Fenlon as it changes it to fat pension.
    Are you sure they aren't typing in "Rod Petrie"?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Whether Fenlon's the right man or not, at least he's started by looking at the root of our problems, we have a few decent playes at the club and on paper aren't too bad, whatever they've been upto at East Mains it hasn't been good enough.
    Not by a long chalk has it been good enough. The club invested heavily in providing the best training infrastructure it could, we need to see a return in terms of fitness, and improving the players organisationally, technically and tactically.

There is no excuse for the shambolic organisation we have witnessed over the past few years - throw-ins, corners, free kicks not defended and the same poor goals being conceded week after week because of failure to defend and because of poor and panicky decision making when trying to clear our lines. A lot of it could and should have been corrected on the training pitch

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    how come our "head of performance" hasnt been released aswell? based on our performances

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'm feeling confident for the future with Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Just how many coaches do we need in anycase? There is no Reserve League now so I really wonder what they all did with their time.

Hope Gareth Evans gets a job soon. He always gave 100% as a player.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    No autocorrection here, just an exceptional comic mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Just how many coaches do we need in anycase? There is no Reserve League now so I really wonder what they all did with their time.
    The coach cull isn't finished yet, the fishy site is reporting that Fenlon has booted the Iveco into touch and brought in a Volvo.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Hope Gareth Evans gets a job soon. He always gave 100% as a player.
    Sad to see Gareth go but if its for the best then so be it.

Top guy and a big Hibs man.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't on the recomendation of Brown, near in mind Fenlon probably has very little knowledge of these guys and more than likely hasn't seen them work the training ground. If that is the case then I would expect Brown to stay with the club for a short time at least.

Either that or part of his agreement in joining would be to bring his own coaching team in.

Regardless of which it is I think a clean sweep is what is needed, top to bottom at ER, so good luck to the guys in getting future work.

I like those guys on a personal level, but it is essential for a new manager to get his own people in. We have a great training centre and are in a crap league, so we should be attracting the best of talent from these island, letting them get games in, then selling them on, and using the money to bring in a higher level of seasoned pro, making us, outside of the OF, the team to beat in Scotland.

The point is that we now have to start seeing the premium for those facilities, and can't afford to tolerate sustained mediocrity any more. We need to use the training centre properly, and bundle those great facilities with an aggressive scouting system. One of the reasons, I think, Fenlon was picked is because of his Irish background and the higher level of athleticism young Irish footballers often have - due in part to the GAA system. I believe that Scotland, on the other hand, has a footballing culture of complacency, arrogance and mediocrity, sustained in part by the sectarian bunfight which we've sadly decided is the only show in town.

I really believe that the board have woken up and decided that enough is enough. I'd be far more worried if there wasn't a massive clear out.

@hibs.net private member
    Much asI have a lot of sympathy for Evans and Stevenson, this can only be a good sign that Fenlon is being given and is taking full control of the coaching set up.

Re Evans and Stevenson, they've given me some great memories - productive partnerships with Archiegoals and KeithKeithKeith from Evans - and U19 treble winners under Stevenson - I wish them all the very best!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't on the recomendation of Brown, near in mind Fenlon probably has very little knowledge of these guys and more than likely hasn't seen them work the training ground. If that is the case then I would expect Brown to stay with the club for a short time at least.

Either that or part of his agreement in joining would be to bring his own coaching team in.

Regardless of which it is I think a clean sweep is what is needed, top to bottom at ER, so good luck to the guys in getting future work.

His knowledge of Scottish football is much better than people seem to think.

First Team Breakthrough JDanielR1875's Avatar
    Im happy they are gone they have been around for long enough and they have been involved with plenty failed Hibs teams. Pat Fenlons got my backing.

Let's hope the playing squad collectively "man up," stop feeling sorry for themselves and realise that their half hearted and totally inept performances have cost people their jobs.

Get them sorted Pat and make it sharpish!

First Team Breakthrough
    Lets hope it has got the players twitching already.

Let's hope the playing squad collectively "man up," stop feeling sorry for themselves and realise that their half hearted and totally inept performances have cost people their jobs.

Get them sorted Pat and make it sharpish!
    I know - I go to the football to get away from all that.

Do you think Fenlon will notice Tam McCourt sitting on the end of the bench at the next match?

According to BBC Radio Scotland:-

"Billy Brown set to stay on as Assistant Manager - at least for a short term."

Good news imo - we need his all round experience right now.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Liam O'Brien the new coach then?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Breakthrough alfieboi75's Avatar
    Given Stevenson's experience and knowledge within the youth set up, I had hoped that he would have stayed and helped the youths. I hope both Stevenson and Evans get a quick return to football.

BB's experience of SPL can not go amiss so I hope BB stays on.

I'm hoping Pat had a good session today and the players go a kick up the ass after Saturday's performance especially Stephens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Are you sure they aren't typing in "Rod Petrie"?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Not so sure had assumed PF would have brought in his own person as assistant such as the guy he was at game with on Saturday. Brown may be a capable person however personally think Fenlon would be better suited to his own people in and not someone who applied for the job also.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not so sure had assumed PF would have brought in his own person as assistant such as the guy he was at game with on Saturday. Brown may be a capable person however personally think Fenlon would be better suited to his own people in and not someone who applied for the job also.
    I think he's suited to whatever decision he makes, and if that is keeping BB on in some capacity in the short term, then so be it.

BB's experience of the SPL, plus experience of working with this bunch of lazy huddies will no doubt help Pat transition into the Scottish game and help him evaluate the squad.
    Last edited by ScottB; 28-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?

"Billy Brown set to stay on as Assistant Manager - at least for a short term." Good news imo - we need his all round experience right now.

Yeah, till Friday morning at the latest.

Twenty minutes later and the Beeb are now saying that BB will be there "for the foreseeable future."

I wonder what the 5:30 bulletin will say?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Twenty minutes later and the Beeb are now saying that BB will be there "for the foreseeable future."

I wonder what the 5:30 bulletin will say?

Probably "till Fat Jim gets a gig". Well it might not be these exact words.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by alfieboi75 View Post
    Given Stevenson's experience and knowledge within the youth set up, I had hoped that he would have stayed and helped the youths. I hope both Stevenson and Evans get a quick return to football.

BB's experience of SPL can not go amiss so I hope BB stays on.

I'm hoping Pat had a good session today and the players go a kick up the ass after Saturday's performance especially Stephens!!!!
    I certainly hope PF winnae be using Brown's advice on 1 up front tactics particularly at hame. That's a PBS tactic.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I certainly hope PF winnae be using Brown's advice on 1 up front tactics particularly at hame. That's a PBS tactic.
    Apparently PF used 451 regularly when at Bohemians.