hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very bizarre.

If ever a Manager of ours needed a trusted No. 2 at his side it was CC. Weird set-up from the off.

Agree .
    Had a chat with my two lads today and while as usual they were reluctant to go into any detail they implied that BB's appointment didn't feel right as CC and him seemed rather distant with each other.
    I have not attended a game with BB as No 2 so cannot comment on what happened on match days .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    PAT FENLON has decided to keep Billy Brown at Hibs — but has axed Gareth Evans and Alastair Stevenson in a major coaching staff shake-up.

The new Easter Road boss has wasted little time dispensing with the services of the pair, who worked closely with sacked predecessor Colin Calderwood, to make way for his own people.
    But Brown DOES appear to have a future at the club after holding lengthy talks with the Irishman in the aftermath of Saturday's 3-1 defeat at St Johnstone.
    Ex-Newcastle star Liam O'Brien, Fenlon's former No 2 at Bohemians, will complete the new team after agreeing to join the club as first team coach.
    Stevenson had been promoted to that role in June after a successful spell in charge of the under-19s while Evans, a former Hibs striker, had returned as a coach in 2007.
    But a club statement confirmed there is no longer a place for them at East Mains as Fenlon looks to bring his own men in.

Fenlon is also keen to make quick changes to the club's playing staff with several players likely to leave during the January transfer window. And SunSport understands Lithuanian international Mindaugas Kalonas could be his first signing.
    The 27-year-old joined Bohs in July 2008 and scored the winning penalty when the Dublin club beat Derry City to claim the league and cup double the following season.
    That earned him trials at West Brom and Birmingham and an offer from Red Star Belgrade, which the winger turned down.
    And he only left Ireland when Fenlon was told he had to slash the club's wage budget.
    Kalonas, now on loan at Russian club Kuban Krasnodar, is desperate to try his luck in British football.

Another Lithuania player

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1f3L8i1hD
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 29-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!

HKHibby

hope not, one of them is enough just now

@hibs.net private member London Hibs FC's Avatar
    Wee clip of Kalonas here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36UrfbP-4Z0

G
    ood interview with Pat at the end, I don't envy his task here but he certainly comes over as someone who will demand that his players graft for their place!

What's sure is that we can look forward to a few new faces come the end of January, happy for our new Gaffer to bring in a couple of former players from Bohemians who he feels can take the step up...... those who'll match Fenlon's apparent work ethic and winning mentality.

It'll be interesting to see who reacts in this current crop, there's a couple in there that I'd love to see grab their chance by the scruff of the neck; notably Spoony, Booth, Hanlon. Osborne also looks to have something and I can see potential in Stephens.......... I'm still convinced that, somewhere, there's a football player in Palsson too.

Curious to see how he'll deal with O'Connor, tricky situation for any new manager to inherit....... having said that, it's unlikely that he'll have that long to work with Garry by all accounts.

I do hope we manage to keep an on form O'Connor, at least, till the end of the season though..... compliment that with Griffith up front on an extended loan and it could certainly help ease Fenlon's probation period, not to mention keep us far away from a relegation dogfight.

Know nothing about Pat's tactical nous but encouraging to see him bring in someone with the pedigree of O'Brien and I wish BB all the best in any new role he takes up up the club!

We'll here goes Folks, another period of transition..... let's hope that Nutsy and his new team can settle in quickly and bring our club some of the success he's enjoyed over the water. Best of Irish to you Paddy..............

:pfgwa