hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 NO 1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    coaches carry out the instructions from the manager. nothing more nothing less.
    ps gordon marshall by the experts amongst the hbs fans was uesless. coaching at motherwell.............3rd best team in scotland
    Seems to me with that statement that you are absolving the coaching staff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So who are our coaches? Brown, evans, Thomson, Stevenson, fitness coach??? Video analysis??? scouting??? Sport science????

I don't know what each does, seems to me that there is a lot of deadwood at er/ htc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    So who are our coaches? Brown, evans, Thomson, Stevenson, fitness coach??? Video analysis??? scouting??? Sport science????

I don't know what each does, seems to me that there is a lot of deadwood at er/ htc.
    Nah, he's away

Not a bloody lot by the looks of things.

[QUOTE=ScottB;3006713]Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

These issues strike me as the responsibility of the first team coaches no? Presumably they are working with the team on these basic areas, in which case they are doing a shocking job.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please![/QUOTE

While I agree that coaching seems poor any worthwhile professional player should not need coaches to get him fit and stop him making mistakes.

The responsibility of the coaches is for the playing systems,the set plays and the balance of the team.In these areas they have failed.

what are you talking about?

did i mention the board?
    I was summarising the key areas where any blame could fall for the club's appalling state in recent years so as to highlight the only two areas that appear, to some folk at least, to be above reproach regardless of what happens.

In that regard you're giving your full backing to the coaching team.

did i say the coach staff are any good?

how do yiu know they are good are bad?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!
    You're assuming that the Manager is allowed to make those decisions.

[QUOTE=ancient hibee;3007160]
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

These issues strike me as the responsibility of the first team coaches no? Presumably they are working with the team on these basic areas, in which case they are doing a shocking job.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please![/QUOTE

While I agree that coaching seems poor any worthwhile professional player should not need coaches to get him fit and stop him making mistakes.

The responsibility of the coaches is for the playing systems,the set plays and the balance of the team.In these areas they have failed.
    BS. What does the manager do then. You've no got a clue!

[QUOTE=Sioux;3007272]
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post

Ask Martin O'Neill he seemed to get around a 3 million a year at Aston Villa for doing **** all
    He picked the team a nad motivated the players I would have done that for £40,000 a year

[QUOTE=simply the best;3007281]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

Ask Martin O'Neill he seemed to get around a 3 million a year at Aston Villa for doing **** all
    He picked the team a nad motivated the players I would have done that for £40,000 a year

I wouldane take drop in wages just to write up a team sheet.

what are you talking about?

did i mention the board?

did i say the coach staff are any good?

how do yiu know they are good are bad?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!11
    I think the biggest issue is will PF be allowed to change it if he does note rate Evans and co, I am sure he will have staff in mind and staff he can trust. I did read the other day that Evans does not get on with a few players which can't be good in training if there is tension between coaches and players. Time will tell I guess and we will know more next week. I want complete change for the betterment of the club

good guy, but bb gtf! nice man ye are

I don't know if they are any good or not, but they are part of a sustained culture of failure, so Fenlon should get rid of them, bring his own guys whom he knows and trusts, so that he can hit the ground running.

This culture of failure probably starts in the boardroom, but PF doesn't have the power to get rid of Petrie and co, and they ain't standing aside.

So focus on what can be one and lets have a new back room staff and, in January, some new players and get moving up that table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I don't know if they are any good or not, but they are part of a sustained culture of failure, so Fenlon should get rid of them, bring his own guys whom he knows and trusts, so that he can hit the ground running.

This culture of failure probably starts in the boardroom, but PF doesn't have the power to get rid of Petrie and co, and they ain't standing aside.

So focus on what can be one and lets have a new back room staff and, in January, some new players and get moving up that table.
    Agree total clear out of years of failure needed

[QUOTE=Sioux;3007272]
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux View Post

Obviously I will change my opinion entirely and bow to your superior knowledge.Ever coached a football team by the way?

Blog Entries
    I have no idea what individual roles our various coaches play at ER & I suspect very few on this board do either. I'm now reading that Gareth Evans supposedly doesn't get on with certain players, big deal ( if true ), you could almost certainly apply that statement to a given coach at any professional team. Professional footballers have a very simple mantra, they really like coaches/managers who pick them evey week & they don't get on with those who don't pick them.
    I agree PF should be given the opportunity to select his own backroom staff but the fact we've been crap for 3-4 years now doesn't automatically mean our current coaches etc are equally rubbish. Most crap teams still have one or 2 excellent or even outstanding players, eg George Best with NI. You don't throw them out because the team doesn't perform.
    It may be our coaches are rubbish but we apparently had a poor AM last season & his team's now running away with the 1st division.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post

I hope PF gets the players together first thing on Monday morning and says something like:

"Right - from today everybody gives nothing less than 100% commitment to training, and gets as fit as possible. Every minute of every game from now on I will expect hard work, dedication, total commitment, desire, passion and will to win. You will conduct yourselves as professional athletes at all times. If anybody here doesn't want to be part of that or isn't up to the job of being a professional footballer, leave now and don't come back."

Pause for effect.

Assuming no-one gets up and goes PF continues "Good! Now we know where we stand. Let's get out on that training pitch and start how we mean to go on."
    I'm hoping he throws a few ****s in

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Can we get a coaching staff that can at least teach them how to take/ defend a throw-in and how to take/ defend a corner. Just doing some of the basics would make us a better time !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Can we get a coaching staff that can at least teach them how to take/ defend a throw-in and how to take/ defend a corner. Just doing some of the basics would make us a better time !
    Absolutely!! Our defending at corners has been a joke for years now. I always say Nishy's greatest contribution to Hibs was when he marked Rob Jones in the LC final!!

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    I really hope PF can bring in his own coaching team and get rid off all the dead wood i.e Evans, Stevenson and Thompson these guys have to go now. This is the worst coaching team since the Duffy Mcnamara days everyone blames CC but these guys are as much to blame as he was. I hope the board back PF with this and don't do the cheap option and keep them. These guys clearly have no respect from the players
    Totally agree we need to clear out and start again, new faces, new ideas.

Coaching Staff
    I would be asking the players and coaches why yet another goal was conceded from a cross in from the left, leaving an opposition player unchallenged at the back post (St Mirren twice, Dunfermline, Saints, Killie). It's a constant problem which each player on the park should acknowledge and anticipate. Haber was unmarked so where was the right back/centre back marking. Why doesn't Stack anticipate the cross (which was not driven, more floated) and come off his line...........and why is the Saints player able to pick a cross despite Hibs players being near to him.....again, no Hibs player closing down quick enough.

Anticipation and urgency (work rate). Completely lacking for a whole 90 minutes in this Hibs side. When they switch off, we rightly get punished. And we switch off with alarming regularity.

I watched shaking my head at the recent Dunfermline game, where off all players, Junior Agogo was the only Hibernian player at a set piece to be shouting at players to pick up their man, get goalside, etc. Stack, O'Hanlon and Hanlon were quiet as church mice.

A very real team problem and for me, it shows splits in the camp. No togetherness, no cohesion, no shared responsibility. As I said last season, eleven individuals turning up and playing very much as individuals and not as a team unit.

This is what Pat Fenlon has to address immediately IMHO. They are good enough players at the end of the day. But they play as if they don't like each other. For some that may indeed be the case.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Seems to me with that statement that you are absolving the coaching staff.
    I'm not sure ny of us can give any kind of informed opinion about the coaching staff? We can lump them all together, or individually, but in the real world, most of us know nothing about them, and how good or bad they are?

Personally i'd like Fenlon to have his own staff, folk he trusts and feels happy working with.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Maybe get the admins to change the title but Evans and Stevenson have been relieved of their duties.

@hibs.net private member
    Seems Pats already stamping down his mark. Interesting that BB is still here.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossmc07 View Post
    I feel a little sorry for them but it's probably for the best. New faces all round should aid the revival.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossmc07 View Post
    well done PF not messing about lets hope that he gets thr right guy's in
    and well done RP for backing him.....

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    well done PF not messing about lets hope that he gets thr right guy's in
    and well done RP for backing him.....
    this is good news and it looks like the board mean business for the first time in a while. I am very excited about PF and he is already making the right changes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder if we'll be seeing changes in the scouting department as well.

that's them gone now so lets move on eh?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    They mentioned on the tranny today that Pat had his new assistant with him today , some guy O'Brien ?
    I think they prefer to be called cross-dressers these days