hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coaches clear out time

I really hope PF can bring in his own coaching team and get rid off all the dead wood i.e Evans, Stevenson and Thompson these guys have to go now. This is the worst coaching team since the Duffy Mcnamara days everyone blames CC but these guys are as much to blame as he was. I hope the board back PF with this and don't do the cheap option and keep them. These guys clearly have no respect from the players

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Coaching staff are the one constant on the playing side in our post Collins slide.

Time to get shot of the lot.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope PF can bring in his own coaching team and get rid off all the dead wood i.e Evans, Stevenson and Thompson these guys have to go now. This is the worst coaching team since the Duffy Mcnamara days everyone blames CC but these guys are as much to blame as he was. I hope the board back PF with this and don't do the cheap option and keep them. These guys clearly have no respect from the players
    Don`t forget our bag man, board man and League Cup winner Tam McCourt!

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    As noted, they do seem to be a common denominator in what has become an extended horror show
    over the course of four managers.
    Tam must stay, though.
    GG

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Another common denominator is the consistent failure of the players to behave like professionals both on and off the park.

Troublesome times ahead regardless of whom is at the helm.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Said this on a previous thread. Get shot and start fresh!
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Blog Entries
    And how do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    And how do you know this?
    Well they sacked CC for poor performances, what makes the other coaches untouchable? they are after all at training everyday and have an input on the side. If they didn't why are they sitting on the bench giving instructions every week? Sorry but its not rocket science

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Another common denominator is the consistent failure of the players to behave like professionals both on and off the park.

Troublesome times ahead regardless of whom is at the helm.

I hope PF gets the players together first thing on Monday morning and says something like:

"Right - from today everybody gives nothing less than 100% commitment to training, and gets as fit as possible. Every minute of every game from now on I will expect hard work, dedication, total commitment, desire, passion and will to win. You will conduct yourselves as professional athletes at all times. If anybody here doesn't want to be part of that or isn't up to the job of being a professional footballer, leave now and don't come back."

Pause for effect.

Assuming no-one gets up and goes PF continues "Good! Now we know where we stand. Let's get out on that training pitch and start how we mean to go on."

Left by mutual consent!

Well they sacked CC for poor performances, what makes the other coaches untouchable? they are after all at training everyday and have an input on the side. If they didn't why are they sitting on the bench giving instructions every week? Sorry but its not rocket science
    If you dont cut out all the cancer you will never cure the patient.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Why has she **** in a bottle and put it on the floor?

"The new brooms sweeps clean.....but theres always that little **** in a bottle you're stuck with"?

Are the coaching team that bottle of ****....and we're stuck with them?

Oh how times have changed, I said this ages ago but I got shot down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    If you dont cut out all the cancer you will never cure the patient.

Very true, surly they will be gone with CC. I really do not understand why they would be kept on, I hope they will all be sacked next week the board have hopefully given PF some backing on this but something tells me they will all still be here to save money and not change anything for the betterment of the club.

Ultimately, our recurring problems have been a lack of fitness and making basic mistakes.

These issues strike me as the responsibility of the first team coaches no? Presumably they are working with the team on these basic areas, in which case they are doing a shocking job.

That things have been rotten since Collins left on that front, despite 4 managers and whole different squads of players says it all. New coaches please!

Coaching Staff
    Don't know what they all do or how good they are but no evidence that any of them have had a positive influence.

The players attitude does not seem to be right so I'd be in favour of all familiar faces going.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Whilst I would stop short of wishing for a Hibernian defeat, in a perverse way I'm glad that Fenlon could see Hibernian at their truest today. A decent performance and point(s) may have given him the wrong impression.

Hopefully he can see that our application, effort, fitness, desire, ability and determination combine seamlessly to produce the square root of f***-all and from Monday morning onwards he can perform the urgent surgery that's required to whip this hapless merry band of "athletes" into something resembling a professional football team.

Clear out the coaching staff, send a clear message to the players about shaping up or shipping out and instill an immediate change of mentality and attitude.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

They mentioned on the tranny today that Pat had his new assistant with him today , some guy O'Brien ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    They mentioned on the tranny today that Pat had his new assistant with him today , some guy O'Brien ?
    As long as its not gramos hero Alan
    On a serious note it could be former Newcastle player Liam O'brien who was at Bohemians.

Aye think it was. Ex Man U ?

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    As long as its not gramos hero Alan
    On a serious note it could be former Newcastle player Liam O'brien who was at Bohemians.
    BBC Feed said he was sat beside him in the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    Aye think it was. Ex Man U ?
    Yep,thats him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Whilst I would stop short of wishing for a Hibernian defeat, in a perverse way I'm glad that Fenlon could see Hibernian at their truest today. A decent performance and point(s) may have given him the wrong impression.

Hopefully he can see that our application, effort, fitness, desire, ability and determination combine seamlessly to produce the square root of f***-all and from Monday morning onwards he can perform the urgent surgery that's required to whip this hapless merry band of "athletes" into something resembling a professional football team.

Clear out the coaching staff, send a clear message to the players about shaping up or shipping out and instill an immediate change of mentality and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

I know you weren't there PH, but you've summed up the performance.

First Team Breakthrough
    coaches carry out the instructions from the manager. nothing more nothing less.

ps gordon marshall by the experts amongst the hbs fans was uesless. coaching at motherwell.............3rd best team in scotland

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Yeah 100% get rid of the coaches and let that overpaid bunch of prima donnas travel in the back of a transit

Quote Originally Posted by 1875 NO 1 View Post
    coaches carry out the instructions from the manager. nothing more nothing less.

ps gordon marshall by the experts amongst the hbs fans was uesless. coaching at motherwell.............3rd best team in scotland
    Right, so:

The Board are teflon and beyond reproach for the past recruitment 'mishaps' ("it's not an exact science, after all").

The Coaching Staff under the Manager "are only following orders" and so cannot be blamed and therefore have jobs for life at the club.

That leaves then:

The Manager (who readily carries the can, with the latest unsuspecting victim now about to learn the harsh reality of life.)

The Players who are panned day in, day out on here - the latest view being that few of any of the current crop should be kept on. Coincidentally, we seem to have been saying that about different Hibs squads over a few seasons now.

The Supporters a few of whom can take some of the flak for venting their spleen inappropriately at ER when things don't immediately go well. But the rest of them are complete heroes for spending their valuable time and hard earned cash to follow their side home and away.

Tell me, why should the first two of these five categories be so well protected and absolved from responsibility and blame?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Right, so:

The Board are teflon and beyond reproach for the past recruitment 'mishaps' ("it's not an exact science, after all").

The Coaching Staff under the Manager "are only following orders" and so cannot be blamed and therefore have jobs for life at the club.

That leaves then:

The Manager (who readily carries the can, with the latest unsuspecting victim now about to learn the harsh reality of life.)

The Players who are panned day in, day out on here - the latest view being that few of any of the current crop should be kept on. Coincidentally, we seem to have been saying that about different Hibs squads over a few seasons now.

The Supporters a few of whom can take some of the flak for venting their spleen inappropriately at ER when things don't immediately go well. But the rest of them are complete heroes for spending their valuable time and hard earned cash to follow their side home and away.

Tell me, why should the first two of these five categories be so well protected and absolved from responsibility and blame?
    what are you talking about?

did i mention the board?

did i say the coach staff are any good?

how do yiu know they are good are bad?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!11

First Team Breakthrough
    Right, so:

That leaves then:

did i mention the board?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Right, so:

That leaves then:

did i mention the board?

the manager does carry the can for what the 1st team produce. if he dont rate the backroom staff he should be allowed to change it!!!!!!!!