hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar

Mike Reilly, chairman Hibs Supporters' club - who are you?

Never met the guy and he's never asked for my views on anything to do with Hibs. I resent therefore the perception that he speaks for the general body of Hibs supporters.

Heard him gripe at the AGM about conversations he said he had with Hyndland and it appears he has a personal axe to grind with the Board and the club.

So I'm more than a little peeved when his rentaquotes appear in the Sun around the new manager and options that were frankly never on the table

"Mike Reilly, chairman of the Hibs Supporters' club, said: "It seems to be that the cheap option is the answer to them.

"They had a big option to get Gordon Strachan and there was a rumour going round that Alex Miller was going to be the director of football. They had the opportunity to steady a ship and they've not taken it."
    Really? Gordon Strachan was a big option? Alex Miller was an opportunity that should have been taken? ( and welcomed by the supporters?)

Don't think so Mike. Wake up son and get real. He does not speak for me nor the general body of Hibs supporters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I do often wonder who these people think they are speaking on behalf of the whole hibs support.

Personally, althoughI don't know much about Fenlon, I'd rather give him a chance than a strachan, miller,Jeffries, jimmy calderwood.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Whoever he is, he come across as an ill-informed trumpet who gets all his opinions and "facts" from message boards and hearsay and formulates knee jerk, reactionary opinions on the basis of them. He certainly dosent represent my views and i certainly wouldnt be crass enough to second guess the actions board of a football club, in a national newspaper based upon "text messages fae ma pals" - in fact, i would go as far to say as he seems the cheap option, for the chairman of the HSC.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    ....and, as this has really got my goat, would he not take the chance to unite his members behind the club once more, move forward and wipe the slate clean and give the guy the benefit of the doubt? Why create unncecessary division and be critical? Thats not what supporters do, pal. They support, they trust and they have faith, the guy has no reason to be critical of PF, Hibs or how we have gone about landing him, he has just shot his mouth of, imagining himself to be a billy big baws and worthy of passing judgement on something he clearly knows very little about,

aplogies if you post on here Mike, but its bloody poor form and i resent your personal views being passed off representative of the Hibs support.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Nor does he represent me, infact ive never even heard of him ! Where do they find these people !

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never met the guy and he's never asked for my views on anything to do with Hibs. I resent therefore the perception that he speaks for the general body of Hibs supporters.

Heard him gripe at the AGM about conversations he said he had with Hyndland and it appears he has a personal axe to grind with the Board and the club.

So I'm more than a little peeved when his rentaquotes appear in the Sun around the new manager and options that were frankly never on the table

"Mike Reilly, chairman of the Hibs Supporters' club, said: "It seems to be that the cheap option is the answer to them.

"They had a big option to get Gordon Strachan and there was a rumour going round that Alex Miller was going to be the director of football. They had the opportunity to steady a ship and they've not taken it."
    Really? Gordon Strachan was a big option? Alex Miller was an opportunity that should have been taken? ( and welcomed by the supporters?)

Don't think so Mike. Wake up son and get real. He does not speak for me nor the general body of Hibs supporters.

I wouldn't take this at face value. This Mike Riley might be fairly pleased with the appointment for all we know but they have the ability to twist words and quote out of context.

We've heard from Mr Reilly and Mr Sands in recent days, and it seems a worrying development. Hibs fans reps have generally had the class to shut up about such matters, unlike their Yam counterparts, who generally love to make a fool of themselves.

Very few people I know consider the Strachan option as either feasible or desirable, and Lex as DOF seems one of those strange rumors rather than real options.

A lot of people, on the other hand, seem to consider Fenlon a decent appointment.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar

I read this also and TBH it really pissed me off - if the bloke has been misquoted or part of his comments have been isolated into the above statement then fair play. However, I can't believe that he's going on about Alex Miller and Strachan as being realistic options for the hot seat at ER!?

If you post on here Mike then I'd like to hear why you thought the statement above would improve the current atmosphere at ER? Also, it certainly does not represent most of the posts I have read on here in the last week where we are keen to give the new manager a clean slate and our full support.

Makes you wonder whether the biggest problem at Easter Road is not the players but us, the fans

Testimonial Due
    Agree / they are not the right comments to make. The club has made its selection and its of no

use wimpering ! In football there have been many instances when the expensive solution of

appointing a high profile manager fails miserably , so there is nothing wrong in todays economic climate

of taking a prudent approach. If our squad is so bad, not even Sir Alex would improve them much !!

I am also not sure that Directors of Football are necessary in clubs with so few playing staff ! For me

it would be a waste of a wage !

Quote Originally Posted by Charlton View Post
    Makes you wonder whether the biggest problem at Easter Road is not the players but us, the fans

Take a look at our home record, speaks volumes

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    We certainly dont help matters. Time for a real change in attitude I hope - but its the players that need to lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by pentlando View Post

The sooner we drive the rest of the fans away, the better by the sounds of it.

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar
    I would be interested in how many people does Mr Reilly speaks for. I do not share his views and am sure the vast majority of Hibs fans are of the same opinion. Ok Pat Fenlon may not have been most peoples first choice as discussed on the forums but the decision has been made and we have to give him a chance and back him 100%. Mr Reilly is entitled to have his opinion as we all are but as a Hibs supporter he does not speak for me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I didn't want Strachan and I'm led to believe, he doesn't want us.

Miller is hated by a large percentage of Hibs fans so I'm baffled with the suggestion that he could return.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    We can't blame the fans, there's not enough of us left going to games! 7,500/8,000 we can boo, moan and jump around all day there's hardly enough of us to make a noise.
    The problem with Easter road is it has a large green area in the middle of four stands and the players we have are no good at playing on the green bit

Aye, it's ****in' diabolical, thanks to the limp wristed efforts of our players. What's your point caller?

And to these (self??) appointed fans chirfs of nebulous (made up??) fans bodies that no-one has either heard of, let alone is a member of, please do shut the hell up. The sample group fro which you draw your "me and most Hibs fans" conclusions are laughable and totally unrepresentative.

Before folk get on their high horses, presumably this Reilly character speaks for all the various supporters' assoc? If so, he's probably got more of a mandate to speak on behalf of Hibs fans than anyone else.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

You make a great point then spoil it by making the same mistake as Mike- see the bit underlined unless your speaking for general body of Hibs supporters.

Its hardly Mike Reilly's fault if he is approached for his comments from the press. He is only giving his opinion, I can't see where he claims to speak on behalf of all Hibs fans.

Left by mutual consent!

Have we got a 100% away record like?

Naw..

That's ***** tae

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    Nor does he represent me, infact ive never even heard of him ! Where do they find these people !

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Its hardly Mike Reilly's fault if he is approached for his comments from the press. He is only giving his opinion, I can't see where he claims to speak on behalf of all Hibs fans.
    The problem is that the press didn't approach him as just a regular Hibs fan.

If the press approached an MP for an opinion, it wouldn't be treated as the opinion of a regular Joe Bloggs.

With great power comes great responsibility!

@hibs.net private member
    Is it just me that thinks it is sad that there seem to be a noisy group of people who think that supporting our club means to run it down at every opportunity? Whatever happened to "We'll Support You Ever More"? It is so unhealthy, when the club has just appointed a new manager with fresh ideas and there has been so much positivity on this message board and on others, that a national rag can still find a down in the mouth who is prepared to give them a headline to put a damper on the whole thing.

The man arrived in the door yesterday FFS and has not even had time to hang his coat up yet people are running to the press with negativity. Personally I hope that this minority is forced to come round by success on the pitch but I would much prefer if they would put their energies behind the team and the club in the first place.

So come on Hibees, let's circle the wagons and support the team and the club
    :pfgwa
    Last edited by CentreLine; 26-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Why are folk getting their knickers aw twisted over this ..?...its Reilly's opinion & his only ..certainly doesnt speak for me..seems like just another excuse for hibbies tae moan ..

Mike is giving HIS opinion. His position is a matter of fact and gives no weight to HIS opinion. However, due to his position, I would imagine that he comes into contact with more Hibs supporters than the majority of posters on this forum, in particular those based abroad, and as such will have an idea of their feelings towards the club and the managerial appointment. While I can state that Mike doesn't speak for me I know other Hibs supporters who agree with him.

Supporters Representatives?

I am a member of the Hibernian Supporters Association that Mr Reilly is chairman of and no one has asked me for my views?

If he is giving his personal views then the media should say that and not quote him as giving the views of all members.

Everyone is entitled to their own views on all matters Hibernian IF they support the team and thats what this is all about.

The media are always going to look to someone as "speaking on behalf of the supporters" who ever it is will still be contradicted.

Last night i attended a function that was a true expression of the "Hibernian family ethic" supporters got together to get behind one cause
    and because of having everyone of a like mind the goal of the evening was achieved through unity!

We have yet another new manager and we .... the Hibs SUPPORTERS ...should be uniting behind him and giving him our support instead of sitting back waiting on another failure.! Again this is MY opinion and you may think differently, who knows?

We are all Hibs supporters so get on with the job of supporting and like me get off this notice board, get ready and get to Perth and
    support your team!!

GGTTH!!!!

I, for one, have certainly heard of Mike Reilly. I wouldnt think im alone either.

Hibs Supporters Club is a club thats been around a heck of alot longer than Hibs.Net

Is this me picking things up wrong - who is this Mike REILLY - has the Sun newspaper (sic) perhaps got his name wrong?

Do they (and you) perhaps actually mean Mike RILEY Chairman of the Southern branch of the Hibs Supporters club?

Why do so many on here have his name wrong - and why are so many wrongly assuming he is the Chairman of Hibs Supporters Clubs, i.e. all of them - why are so many het up that he claims to be speaking for all Hibs supporters - where does he actually say that, isn't he just voicing his own opinion - perhaps even on behalf of his branch members? Anyone on here actually from his branch?

Have I missed something - is there really a Mike Reilly who is chairman of all the Hibs Supporters Clubs?

The name Mike Reilly certainly does not appear on the official Hibs site, although Mike Riley is there as Chairman of the Southern branch of the Hibs Supporters club - as are all the other supporters clubs and their different chairmen.

Why should any Hibs supporter believe an article written by the cxxx that is the Sun (that gets the name and the position he holds wrong)?

Maybe we should find out if there really is a Mike Reilly in charge of some Hibs supporters club somewhere who speaks for all Hibs fans...

... of course, it could be that the official Hibs site has actually posted his name wrong - maybe he's not called Mike?

I know Mike well and we have spoken in the past about his media interviews. He tells me he starts off by explaining he can only give his own view to the questions asked. The Hibs Supporters Association has almost 2000 members, like dotnet the members views are as diverse as they are here.

He also has no say over what or how this is written and published - a problem for anyone dealing with the media believe me :-@

I mean how unlikely is it Mike gave the most glowing story around Paddy only to be quoted as he was?

I don't know what he said this time round. I do know the guy bleeds as green as the greenest amongst us.

No he doesn't come on here or the Bounce.