hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: U19s win again

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

U19s win again

Slight glimmer of hope during all the doom and gloom surrounding the first team. Now up to third in the table after a 2-0 win over St Mirren, the futures bright...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2506810

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Great result and sets them up nicely the Derby next week

Not that I want to rain on this parade but I seem to recall that a couple of years back we had a treble-winning under-19 side. Remind me, how many of them have broken through to the first team so far? How many of them are still at ER for that matter?

The problem for a young player is that you really have to have made the breakthrough into the top tier by the time you're 20, or you're going to miss the boat. And coming into a side as poor as Hibs have been over the past two years is as likely to ruin a youngster's career as make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not that I want to rain on this parade but I seem to recall that a couple of years back we had a treble-winning under-19 side. Remind me, how many of them have broken through to the first team so far? How many of them are still at ER for that matter?

The problem for a young player is that you really have to have made the breakthrough into the top tier by the time you're 20, or you're going to miss the boat. And coming into a side as poor as Hibs have been over the past two years is as likely to ruin a youngster's career as make it.
    That's the spirit