hibs.net Messageboard

Scotland's Greatest Album

Top that anybody

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm still greetin :( did they say the proclaimers got a silver medal for the 80's or something like that ?

Fantastic comments from Pat Nevin👍

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The fact Idlewild and Arab Strap were left out of the choices for the 90s and 00s leaves it a worthless poll IMO.

clare grogan still got it

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact Idlewild and Arab Strap were left out of the choices for the 90s and 00s leaves it a worthless poll IMO.
    Ach man yer takin things too seriously now. It was never gonna be a poll about real real music.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    funny, was thinking the same myself....oh aye
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Left by mutual consent!
    Proclaimers now have two in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs7_0 View Post
    funny, was thinking the same myself....oh aye

her 'image' has barely 'altered'

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, was thinking that too!

Sunshine on leith clearly voted in by hibees as can't see anyone else putting it in the top 12 Scottish songs.

Good work.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    **** sake Paulo 'king Nutella 'kin hell, just blew it there.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Left by mutual consent!
    Nae View sucks

First Team Breakthrough The Beastie Bus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Top that anybody
    This is all a bit surreal for me and I'll tell a wee true story about the 'Sunshine on Leith' final.
    At the time, in 2007, I was working for an advertising agency in Edinburgh who had CIS (the then cup sponsor) as a Client.
    During that time we produced a lot of advertising and print materials on behalf of CIS. This was of particular interest to me as we progressed to the final and most of the communications became Hibernian branded. Anyway, the day before the final I decided to take my proclaimers CD into the office to get me in the mood and also wind up the company jambos. One of my good colleagues who was working the next day at the final, looking after the clients (CIS) needs, asked if he could take a copy of my CD to Hampden to pass on to the match day DJ. I was more than happy to oblige and you all know the rest. I have a wee chuckle to myself as well as a tear in the eye when I watch and hear the highlights and references made to that moment when we all as one sang the Hibee anthem. So glad that I decided to take my CD into the office that day and that my workmate made a great decision in taking a copy to the final. That's my wee moment of 'glory'
    Cheers.

tell yi one thing, scotland really has produced some superb songs, singer/songwriters etc etc over the last few decades, if there was co-efficients for music we would be in the top 10 easy

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBroon View Post
    This is all a bit surreal for me and I'll tell a wee true story about the 'Sunshine on Leith' final.
    At the time, in 2007, I was working for an advertising agency in Edinburgh who had CIS (the then cup sponsor) as a Client.
    During that time we produced a lot of advertising and print materials on behalf of CIS. This was of particular interest to me as we progressed to the final and most of the communications became Hibernian branded. Anyway, the day before the final I decided to take my proclaimers CD into the office to get me in the mood and also wind up the company jambos. One of my good colleagues who was working the next day at the final, looking after the clients (CIS) needs, asked if he could take a copy of my CD to Hampden to pass on to the match day DJ. I was more than happy to oblige and you all know the rest. I have a wee chuckle to myself as well as a tear in the eye when I watch and hear the highlights and references made to that moment when we all as one sang the Hibee anthem. So glad that I decided to take my CD into the office that day and that my workmate made a great decision in taking a copy to the final. That's my wee moment of 'glory'
    Cheers.
    Nice one

Not ashamed to say that that Hampden moment still brings a tear to my eye as it did on the day.

proclaimers on STV now

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Sunshine on leith clearly voted in by hibees as can't see anyone else putting it in the top 12 Scottish songs.

Good work.

the woman interviewing the proclaimers said she loved sunshine on leith, you underestimate it

surprised simple minds have not been included

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I wouldna' mind her chappin on my front door in that silver frock and saying Happy Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I wouldna' mind her chappin on my front door in that silver frock and saying Happy Birthday.
    'i could be happy'

Good album but could add so.many.more tunes!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBroon View Post
    Cheers.
    Nice story, but there's only one flaw in the plan - the pre and post match music was agreed in advance by the clubs and Hampden authorities.

It just goes from bad to worse for the Jambos. Cicero didnae even get a mention.......