hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Before you next criticise Sir Tom...

...bear in mind that you can go to bed and sleep soundly tonight, unlike the sweaty, writhing, nightmare-filled half-slumber that our Jamboid neighbours will be experiencing at present, even if tomorrow's court interlocutor turns out to be nothing of significance.

That ever present fear - that "what if" - they are faced with is something that Mr Farmer has thankfully ensured we'll never be faced with. Yes, we'd all like to see the team stronger and for better results. But right now this evening I'd rather be in our position, of that I am certain.

Before I go to bed I'd like to dedicate a wee number by well kent Hibby, Fish, to Mr Romanov:

Last edited by Jamesie; 02-11-2011 at 11:47 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...bear in mind that you can go to bed and sleep soundly tonight, unlike the sweaty, writhing, nightmare-filled half-slumber that our Jamboid neighbours will be experiencing at present, even if tomorrow's court interlocutor turns out to be nothing of significance.

That ever present fear - that "what if" - they are faced with is something that Mr Farmer has thankfully ensured we'll never be faced with. Yes, we'd all like to see the team stronger and for better results. But right now this evening I'd rather be in our position, of that I am certain.

Before I go to bed I'd like to dedicate a wee number by well kent Hibby, Fish, to Mr Romanov:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIhsaCkQ-gI
    I cant sleep, am too excited.

A silly way of looking at it. A bit like being in a job where you are unhappy and comparing your unhappiness to a friend in a job where their employment rights are being abused. And concluded that therefore you should be happy.

We are not them. Yes we are in a much more fortunate position, but to therefore be much more accepting of what is wrong at our club, as a result of what's wrong with that lot is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    A silly way of looking at it. A bit like being in a job where you are unhappy and comparing your unhappiness to a friend in a job where their employment rights are being abused. And concluded that therefore you should be happy.

We are not them. Yes we are in a much more fortunate position, but to therefore be much more accepting of what is wrong at our club, as a result of what's wrong with that lot is wrong.
    I think we're often too quick to criticize what's wrong at the club, rather than celebrate what's right. The first and foremost aim of any football club has to be its continued survival, and in terms of Scottish football there isn't many clubs better placed than us to achieve that

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

We should recall our history lest we forget we almost didn't make it and then noone cared the football authorities nor the council.
    We need to look after ourselves and that's why perhaps sustainability has featured strongly over other things.
    That said We should still strive for better. But It could be argued the board backed their men. It would appear they backed the wrong men or maybe gave insufficient time.

Thank god were not them but I think if you go chasing the dream how do you
    Do that. The journo Hugh on Radio Scotland incredibly said the problem in Soctland was money. I don't think it's just that but if it was how would we raise it without a genuine benefactor? I believe even abhamovic has only lent the dosh the bill is in the post.
    Take what is required for Success and you have Rangers and David
    murray - the chickens came home to roost.
    Maybe we need to wheel Fergus McCann out of retirement even still he had a biscuit tin mentality to contrast with Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by pentlando View Post
    I think we're often too quick to criticize what's wrong at the club, rather than celebrate what's right. The first and foremost aim of any football club has to be its continued survival, and in terms of Scottish football there isn't many clubs better placed than us to achieve that
    So at the end of last season we should have disregarded our season and celebrated our continued survival?

Wow...

So at the end of last season we should have disregarded our season and celebrated our continued survival?

Wow...
    Footballing success cannot be guaranteed, never. However if you have a solid off field business then you stand the best chance of on field success. I would certainly not want to lose the clubs stable footing in pursuit of on field success. I'd rather follow an underachieving Hibs for the next 20 years than have no Hibs to follow at all.

Footballing success cannot be guaranteed, never. However if you have a solid off field business then you stand the best chance of on field success. I would certainly not want to lose the clubs stable footing in pursuit of on field success. I'd rather follow an underachieving Hibs for the next 20 years than have no Hibs to follow at all.
    Very few if any are looking for us to follow their route.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very few if any are looking for us to follow their route.
    Indeed, in fact this all just p1sses me off even more that Celtic are having a stinker, Hearts look to possibly be in trouble, what a possible chance it was for a strong Hibs to push right on up there but no we have cocked it up too.

No matter how good or bad other clubs are Hibs are not close to where they should be.

Seems like a real lowest common denominator approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Indeed, in fact this all just p1sses me off even more that Celtic are having a stinker, Hearts look to possibly be in trouble, what a possible chance it was for a strong Hibs to push right on up there but no we have cocked it up too.

No matter how good or bad other clubs are Hibs are not close to where they should be.
    I think the point the OP was making was STF has given our club a much stronger base to build long term success on. The fact we are in a slump at the moment doesn't make that any less true. Any excuse for you to focus on the negative though eh?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think the point the OP was making was STF has given our club a much stronger base to build long term success on. The fact we are in a slump at the moment doesn't make that any less true. Any excuse for you to focus on the negative though eh?
    Im fully aware of that and I never said it was any less true, however that is one aspect of his job that has been done well other aspects of late from people he has employed havent. I didnt move the OP away from his point if you read the posts it has moved away from maybe what the OP intended, I have thanked STF more than enough for all that was done and RP for his work but over last few years there have been failings that what they did in past has got to moved on from.

Well done indeed but time to show you give a hoot about footballung success because it has taken 2nd place to a balance sheet for a long time

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk