hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RE: Glasgow. Most likely to be played at Hampden, but Edinburgh was mentioned in the BBC article as an alternative. Tynecastle specifically.

RE: Capacity. Game would be a Saturday afternoon, Brian Reid thinks 20,000 could be a realistic attendance. Who are we to say that's not possible I guess. Now given that's the exact size of our ground, make's even less sense.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RE: Glasgow. Most likely to be played at Hampden, but Edinburgh was mentioned in the BBC article as an alternative. Tynecastle specifically.

RE: Capacity. Game would be a Saturday afternoon, Brian Reid thinks 20,000 could be a realistic attendance. Who are we to say that's not possible I guess. Now given that's the exact size of our ground, make's even less sense.

Let's just accept the fact that everybody but us hates us. (I'm not being sarky - they do.)

A Saturday game, 20,000 a reasonable forecast for the attendance, and a stadium in the city that seats that number and a little more, has a proper disable-access area, and not too hard to get to - it should be a no-brainer.

But in Scotland? Naw!

Maybe they will have to hold it at Murrayfield.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ca-v-Real.html

Bigger than El Clasico.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Maybe they will have to hold it at Murrayfield.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ca-v-Real.html

Bigger than El Clasico.
    Good ol' Pasca

But as I've said on here before, you lot are lucky getting all your derbies....we have to wait for the cup and hope for the best. We've had five competitive meetings in 13 years, and no league meetings for 18 years (I've never seen an Ayrshire derby in the league because I wasn't really interested in footy til I was 9 or 10 started supporting Killie around the time Totten got sacked.)
    Last edited by vanNISHtelroy; 02-11-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I would have thought that would be ideal, location and capacity wise.

Some of the facilities leave a lot to be desired, for instance Wheelchair facilities. If that's the reason for not playing there, the facilities at Tynecastle surely aren't much of a step up.
    As much as I hate to say it, Tynecastle (whilst not being perfect due to the barrier) is a hundred times better than Fir Park, for wheelchair facilities.

I wouldn't leave a dog in the disabled section at Fir Park, never mind a human being.

Absolute hole of a place that needs razed to the ground as soon as possible.

I would have thought that would be ideal, location and capacity wise.

Some of the facilities leave a lot to be desired, for instance Wheelchair facilities. If that's the reason for not playing there, the facilities at Tynecastle surely aren't much of a step up.
    I've always thought the wheelchair facilities at motherwell were shameful and demeaning to wheelchair users.It's a bus stop.Behind an advertising board.That cup game recently the pens were up the other end and I saw a lad in a wheelchair move to get a better view, looked like he was told to get back in the bus stop, when he refused, stewards stood infront of him blocking his view.

They must be able to be better than that crappy excuse.

I reckon people looking for it to be played at Fir Park are underestimating the size of the crowd. It's a derby that doesn't come round too often and it's a semi-final. I hadn't realised it would be on a Saturday but if so then all the more reason for a big turnout. Would be a great day out for them at a packed ER/Tynie and a better spectacle than the other semi's likely to be.

Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    Good ol' Pasca

But as I've said on here before, you lot are lucky getting all your derbies....we have to wait for the cup and hope for the best. We've had five competitive meetings in 13 years, and no league meetings for 18 years (I've never seen an Ayrshire derby in the league because I wasn't really interested in footy til I was 9 or 10 started supporting Killie around the time Totten got sacked.)
    So, in order of preferred venue, Hampden, Tynie or Easter Road?

Hampden would probably be my first choice for ease of getting there, although the fact the ground is too big is a problem.

Tynecastle/Easter Road....I've not actually been to either so can't comment too much, and travel would probably reduce the number of people that go

Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    I've always thought the wheelchair facilities at motherwell were shameful and demeaning to wheelchair users.It's a bus stop.Behind an advertising board.That cup game recently the pens were up the other end and I saw a lad in a wheelchair move to get a better view, looked like he was told to get back in the bus stop, when he refused, stewards stood infront of him blocking his view.

They must be able to be better than that crappy excuse.
    That would have been myself and another guy. It was a shocking experience.

There were 3 of us sat in front of the Hibs stand all night alongside our helpers and when one of them celebrated O'Connor's late goal to make it 2-2, a steward came along and told the lot of them that they had to sit in the stand and it was on the orders of the police control room. You're talking about 4 people who were there as helpers that night, how one steward couldn't have been sent round to deal with that and just keep an eye on things, I'll never know.

Then when it came to penalty kicks, myself and another guy in a chair moved round a bit because we couldn't see from our original position because all the players were lined up on the halfway line. Ironically we only moved round to where we had always sat at Fir Park for years, without any problems I might add, but as soon as we moved round, we were treated to a whole load of abuse by one of the Motherwell carers. Then the stewards became involved and told us to go back to the Hibs end. I refused because I had paid money to get in and I wasn't going to watch 120 minutes and then not get to see the penalties.

Eventually the stewards backed down and allowed me to sit where I was until the penalties were finished but the situation went completely over the score and was totally unnecessary.

As you rightly point out, the facilities for disabled fans at Fir Park are shameful and the stadium is not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

It's not even suitable to host SPL matches so there's absolutely no way that it should be allowed to host cup semi finals.

Hampden would probably be my first choice for ease of getting there, although the fact the ground is too big is a problem.

Tynecastle/Easter Road....I've not actually been to either so can't comment too much, and travel would probably reduce the number of people that go

FWIW, I'd love to see you guys play this game at Hampden and get over 20,000. Like you've already mentioned, the derby doesn't come round too often and this is a really special one.

As for never having been to ER -- Tsk, tsk, that's a disgrace. As a regular visitor on here, I'm sure plenty of the guys would welcome you to one of the local hostelries before the game. Don't let the fact that half of them seem deranged put you off, they're probably not as bad in real life

....at least I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    That would have been myself and another guy. It was a shocking experience.

There were 3 of us sat in front of the Hibs stand all night alongside our helpers and when one of them celebrated O'Connor's late goal to make it 2-2, a steward came along and told the lot of them that they had to sit in the stand and it was on the orders of the police control room. You're talking about 4 people who were there as helpers that night, how one steward couldn't have been sent round to deal with that and just keep an eye on things, I'll never know.

Then when it came to penalty kicks, myself and another guy in a chair moved round a bit because we couldn't see from our original position because all the players were lined up on the halfway line. Ironically we only moved round to where we had always sat at Fir Park for years, without any problems I might add, but as soon as we moved round, we were treated to a whole load of abuse by one of the Motherwell carers. Then the stewards became involved and told us to go back to the Hibs end. I refused because I had paid money to get in and I wasn't going to watch 120 minutes and then not get to see the penalties.

Eventually the stewards backed down and allowed me to sit where I was until the penalties were finished but the situation went completely over the score and was totally unnecessary.

As you rightly point out, the facilities for disabled fans at Fir Park are shameful and the stadium is not fit for purpose in the 21st century.

It's not even suitable to host SPL matches so there's absolutely no way that it should be allowed to host cup semi finals.

FH, that's disgraceful. I've read about the discomfort that wheelchair users have had at Fir Park, and seen the pathetic little bus shelter they're put in, but that really takes the biscuit.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Would quite like to see the game played at Easter Road. Finally being used in a way that it should really be first choice for ie semi-finals

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Good ol' Pasca

The way Mad Vlad is going, there might not be many of those left!!

Gamer IDs

FWIW, I'd love to see you guys play this game at Hampden and get over 20,000. Like you've already mentioned, the derby doesn't come round too often and this is a really special one.

As for never having been to ER -- Tsk, tsk, that's a disgrace. As a regular visitor on here, I'm sure plenty of the guys would welcome you to one of the local hostelries before the game. Don't let the fact that half of them seem deranged put you off, they're probably not as bad in real life

....at least I hope not

Oh yes we are....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Would quite like to see the game played at Easter Road. Finally being used in a way that it should really be first choice for ie semi-finals

In terms of facilities, modernity and size, it's the ONLY ground outside Glasgow really fit for a semi - on second thoughts, Rugby Park's OK as well, but geographically it's out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    In terms of facilities, modernity and size, it's the ONLY ground outside Glasgow really fit for a semi - on second thoughts, Rugby Park's OK as well, but geographically it's out of the way.
    I'd be quite happy for us to have the semi at Rugby Park....don't know if that lot would be though

Gamer IDs

I'd be quite happy for us to have the semi at Rugby Park....don't know if that lot would be though

That's the thing - Rugby Park would only really suit a semi involving a team from the central belt playing Ayr United, Queen of the South, Stranraer, or Annan Athletic.

ICT v Aberdeen - let's put it to Kilmarnock! No, my apologies. I could see the SFA doing that.

I was thinking of the quality of the stadium - Rugby Park has three modern stands and a better-than-average main stand. Head and shoulders above Swiney. But then Monklands Municipal Rubbish Dump's a more salubrious venue than Swiney.
    Last edited by --------; 02-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Ouch - that's one seriously bad video and piece of music!

Would it be difficult to somehow rig up the Tynie speaker system to run that on a loop...

Game should be at Motherwell but if their arguing there could be 20k why they even thinking of the PBS? It just don't make any sence

Motherwell wasn't suggested because they have a home game that weekend I think. I think we're at home too, which might be why Swiney is being suggested......
    Kenny Shiels fancied it at ER or Swiney for atmosphere reasons, Ayr players want it at Hampden.
    I would have though Ibrox would be fine if they just closed off the top tiers of the stands. Should hold at least 20k in the bottom tiers no?
    Obviously you couldn't do that at Parkhead or Hampden because theres only one big tier......

EDIT: I'm a divvy, we're away that weekend, and we're playing at Ibrox!
    Last edited by madabouthibs; 03-11-2011 at 12:52 PM.

And parkhead has 2 tiers!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scott-hfc09
    from what i have heard, hibs have stopped anyone using there pitch including Scotland Women, Under 21's etc..probably the reason PBS is preferred?