hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey® View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's another twist to this story.

There's seeming preferential creditors due money and have demanded payment by close of play tomorrow, otherwise they're prepared to pull the plug and Saturday's home tie against Killie would have to be called off.

One can only assume that it's the stewards/police/electricity provider- the players aren't top priority.
    I heard exactly the same. Settle the outstanding debt or the game against Kilmarnock won't be able to go ahead!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    I heard exactly the same. Settle the outstanding debt or the game against Kilmarnock won't be able to go ahead!!
    Lets be honest, Romanov will pay and the game will go ahead. He just takes it to the line then pays up. I just think he likes being in the news no matter what the story is. Hearts won't be going bust anytime soon if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Lets be honest, Romanov will pay and the game will go ahead. He just takes it to the line then pays up. I just think he likes being in the news no matter what the story is. Hearts won't be going bust anytime soon if you ask me.
    Aye i'm sure the mad one will settle up at the last moment and make sure the game goes ahead. It might explain why the higher earning players are having to wait for their wages though.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Aye i'm sure the mad one will settle up at the last moment and make sure the game goes ahead. It might explain why the higher earning players are having to wait for their wages though.
    It may not be as simple as that. HoMoFC obviously don't have acces to funds in the UK (ref. latest wages fiasco), therefore any money will have to come from Lithuania or thereabout. International transfers (despite what you see in films) aren't instantaneous. It appears that Romanov/UKIO/UBIG are either unable or unwilling to keep throwing money at the yams to keep them afloat.

Testimonial Due
    I am sure they will pay and the game will go ahead.

However, if I was one of there players and I had not been paid, yet Mad Vlad was pulling out the cash to get the game to go ahead, I would not be happy, in fact miles from it.

Essentially he is putting on the game and saying off you go boys win me a few points, but by the way the stewards, police, Elec company, and even the greasy jambo face serving pies are all getting paid, but like my little trolls you can go out and do it for **** all.

I would like to know at what stage the players insurance will become invalid and therefore they are playing a game that if they get injured they get nothing.

I am sure if they did not realise that they are vastly overpaid for the standard of player that they are they would probably be doing a lot more about it.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    A Hearts with cash flow problems, and Sergey with "information", thread. Why does this feel familiar?....

@hibs.net private member

My mole tells me its not just them. Its the entire first team squad aand some of the staff.

Have the bills been paid yet, or is the game tomorrow off?

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Have the bills been paid yet, or is the game tomorrow off?
    Has the roof been fixed on their death-trap of a main stand yet?

The best bit was when they tried to justify their media ban by claiming that they had a "duty of care" to their players - clearly that doesn't apply when it comes to paying their wages.

After that performance and result they could be waiting even longer for their wages. If I was Vlad they wouldn't get one penny.

Has the roof been fixed on their death-trap of a main stand yet?
    Not fixed but a temporary repair has been made. Get yourself up Arthur's Seat with a good pair of binoculars and you should just be able to make out Robbo's :asshole:

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I heard they've all been fined 2 weeks wages for today's performance

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    I heard they've all been fined 2 weeks wages for today's performance
    I hope the SPL step in and tell Hearts that it can't be less than 4 weeks.

at least they don't need to worry about there win bonus not being paid this week.

good few empty seats at PBS, can't see there being enuogh in the pot to do them over the next few weeks until their next home game lol

I can hear a lot of fireworks. Fingers crossed that one of them doesn't find itself cruising towards that hole in the Tynie roof.

WHOOSH.

On the plus side it would save on some of the costs to demolish it.

@hibs.net private member
    Daily Mail (I didn't buy it honest) ran a 2 page article comparing Hertz to a patient on a life support machine with Vlad holding the plug. Didn't get a chance to read it fully but was fairly damning. Anyone able to download it?

Romanov misses latest deadline to pay Hearts players

By STEPHEN MCGOWANLast updated at 11:39 PM on 26th October 2011

The financial welfare of Hearts was thrown into focus once more on Wednesday night when the Tynecastle club failed to meet yet another promise to pay player salaries.
    Hearts players have yet to receive their monthly wages after the normal payment date came and passed on the 16th of the month.
    Made to wait: Romanov holding back payments to Hearts players

Despite a series of assurances that the money would be paid - Wednesday was the most recent date quoted - the first-team squad are still awaiting the transfer of cash from the Ukio Bankas Investment Group.PFA Scotland were once again taking calls on Wednesday, whilst seeking to keep a lid on an increasingly delicate situation.
    The players met with Romanov's right-hand man Sergejus Fedotovas on Friday, when they were told that salaries would be paid by the middle of this week.
    They were also warned, however, the payments could be delayed further in order to pay the bills needed to guarantee that this weekend's home clash with Kilmarnock goes ahead.
    With debts of Ł36million, the Edinburgh club are no strangers to late payment of salaries under the tutelage of Vladimir Romanov.
    Never before, however, has nine days passed without contracts being honoured.
    Amidst talk of a formal complaint to the SPL and strike action, the players are maintaining a cautious approach for fear of inflaming the situation further.
    Tunnel vision: Vladimir Romanov is more interested in his basketball team

A notoriously volatile benefactor, Romanov has issued a series of promises to pay via his sidekick and fellow club director Fedotovas.
    The latest promise proved as unreliable as the others, however, leaving the players to ponder their next move in the midst of a club-wide media ban.
    One dressing room source told Sportsmail: 'Obviously there is a bit of concern at what is going on, but we've been advised to keep a low profile. We just want paid and don't want to do anything which might make matters worse right now.'We've taken legal advice from PFA Scotland and the players' representatives are talking to them to dictate their next move.'PFA Scotland are believed to be seeking a meeting with Romanov, but have yet to receive any encouragement.
    The Russian-born banker has other sporting interests and has recently devoted much of his time to his Lithuanian basketball team Zalgiris Kaunas.
    Spending tens of millions on a new arena and overseas players for Zalgiris, he last week fired the coach and assistant coach of the club, heightening concerns that his interest in Hearts is waning.
    Meanwhile, the Hearts players need to be motivated ahead of Saturday's visit of Kilmarnock, and coach Gary Locke has urged them to develop a ruthless streak in front of goal after watching them miss the target in the 2-0 loss to Rangers.'It's important we put the chances we've created away,' said Locke. 'We've got players in the team capable of scoring goals.'I'm sure if we create one or two chances, we'll take them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1cCjMmbuT

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I can hear a lot of fireworks. Fingers crossed that one of them doesn't find itself cruising towards that hole in the Tynie roof.

WHOOSH.

On the plus side it would save on some of the costs to demolish it.
    Maybe they've been trying, but with all that asbestos ....

Now closer to next months wages day than last (which the majority of the players still haven't been paid for) and only one home game in November.

Move along now, nothing to see here. Or maybe not!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely no sympathy for any of these players. They all took the big bucks from an institutuion that undoubtedly was paying more than they could afford.

To not know of previous salary issues they would either need to live in a bubble or be extremely thick. They were happy to take the inflated salaries , clearly more than most of them are worth so to hear them whinging and moaning now smacks of self inflicted wounds.

Schadenfreude.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Maybe time to dig out the mocked up LITAS note with Vlads face on it and it send it to Swinie and all the Yams players

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Absolutely no sympathy for any of these players. They all took the big bucks from an institutuion that undoubtedly was paying more than they could afford.

To not know of previous salary issues they would either need to live in a bubble or be extremely thick. They were happy to take the inflated salaries , clearly more than most of them are worth so to hear them whinging and moaning now smacks of self inflicted wounds.

Schadenfreude.
    Exactly.

Just been chatting to Andy Driver's sister. He was daft enough to sign a new contract because he was warned he would be put out of the game for the six months or whatever if he didn't sign.

It's a gamble but one that probably didn't pay off for him. A couple of years ago clubs would have waited the six months for him.

Something has to give soon surely?

What happens if we pass the next pay day and they still haven't been paid? Will the players strike? Surely the governing bodies would have to take action? Would contracts even be worth anything at that point?

I can't help but see a coincidence with a total media ban. followed by not paying anyone. Coupled with apparently begging the Council for a new free stadium I think this could be the end game at last. Vlad has possibly pulled the plug, hoping to force the Council to keep the club alive perhaps?

I wonder what price you'd get on both Hearts and Rangers being bust before the month is out...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Exactly.

Just been chatting to Andy Driver's sister. He was daft enough to sign a new contract because he was warned he would be put out of the game for the six months or whatever if he didn't sign.

It's a gamble but one that probably didn't pay off for him. A couple of years ago clubs would have waited the six months for him.
    Presumably the non payment of wages will deem the contract to be null and void and he would be free to move as a free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    Presumably the non payment of wages will deem the contract to be null and void and he would be free to move as a free agent?
    And with a skeleton squad deprived of it's biggest earners, we can hump them 7-0 (again) at the next derby.

Fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It may not be as simple as that. HoMoFC obviously don't have acces to funds in the UK (ref. latest wages fiasco), therefore any money will have to come from Lithuania or thereabout. International transfers (despite what you see in films) aren't instantaneous. It appears that Romanov/UKIO/UBIG are either unable or unwilling to keep throwing money at the yams to keep them afloat.
    Not instantaneous, but usually within a matter of hours depending on the currency.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Not instantaneous, but usually within a matter of hours depending on the currency.

If they wanted to pay the players today they could, there is a cut off point for foreign currency which is at some point in the afternoon so there is no excuse really.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Schadenfreude.
    Completely. And even more culpable are their agents, letting their clients get mixed up in such a dubious organisation.

First Team Breakthrough itchy07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: itchy07
    Read a comment on KDS regarding rankgers but thought it should also be applied to the yams, "I wish they'd hurry up and die, it's like watching a badger that's been hit by a car".