hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather run the risk of dehydrating than give them £2 for that muck they call tea.
    Isnt tea (a diuretic) going to make dehydration more likely?
    Agree though, it is really manky stuff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Exactly - the club don't really give a monkey's about the fans, until they stop turning up in droves, but even then all they do is put out some media release urging us all to 'stick together' and all the rest of it, without actually making any improvements!
    And is really irrelevant whether club make profit/loss on this - the figures are miniscule in relation overall turnover/payment of players etc and I doubt if the difference (whether positive or negative) would mkae much inroads into a reserve (or senior officals) salary - the general attittude of O'Hagan etc is the real cancer at Hibs.

And as long as even a few thousand people buy season tickets this mindset looks likely to continue as they have no incentive to improve things.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    The most expensive matchday experience in the SPL also includes the worst food. You don't have to eat it though and a person could just about survive 90mins without wedging something into the face. The kiosks are about making the most amount of money possible from the least amount of outlay. Profit for both the catering company and the club is the only consideration.
    Well - if the only consideration is exploitation of the fans (because that's what you are effectively saying) then it's an idiotically short sighted policy. The football on display hasn't exactly been enticing lately, and being literally ripped off for eating/drinking at the game is just another expensive reason to add to the list for NOT taking your kids (or indeed yourself) along to the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Most (professional) grounds down here only serve pies, burgers and hot dogs - the first time I mentioned that not only could you buy chips at ER but also pizza, nobody would believe me, so I suppose that's a plus point on this topic!
    How much do they cost???

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    How much do they cost???
    Don't know about the burgers and hot dogs but I think the pies are marginally cheaper than those at ER.

I like the mince pies at ER. And the pizza tastes great.

Then again, what doesn't taste good after 5 pints and no breakfast....

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Reading this thread has made me pretty hungry, so the first thing I`ll be doing when I get to ER today is to get myself a couple of pies and a bovril to wash it down with, and going by the almost universal condemnation of the fare on offer, there will be no queuing involved either!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Reading this thread has made me pretty hungry, so the first thing I`ll be doing when I get to ER today is to get myself a couple of pies and a bovril to wash it down with, and going by the almost universal condemnation of the fare on offer, there will be no queuing involved either!
    You would think that, but I've found that you can wait a ridiculously long time to either be served or get given what you've ordered regardless of how few people are in the queue.

They have the bad service/poor product/massively overpriced combination down to a fine art. It's almost as if they're trying to get you to keep your money.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net