hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Food at Easter Road

Once again the standard of food at Easter Road has come under fire* – if only, burnt might be better!

The prison service has a rule that a Governor must sample the food that is given to the prisoners. They make comments on it and those comments are regularly reviewed.

I wonder what the reaction of the Directors at Hibernian FC would be if a similar rule was introduced making it compulsory for them to sample the fare provided for the supporters in the stands.

Here Rod, you try the pizza this week!!!!

Anyone think it may improve?

* Alan Rough and Derek Johnstone went to every SPL ground to try the pies. Hibs came last.
    Space to let

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Seriously, how hard can it be to heat up a friggin' pie or pizza? I wouldn't expect world class cuisine but edible would be a start. LOL.

I miss my pie and bovril but will make do with hot dogs and beer. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once again the standard of food at Easter Road has come under fire* – if only, burnt might be better!

The prison service has a rule that a Governor must sample the food that is given to the prisoners. They make comments on it and those comments are regularly reviewed.

I wonder what the reaction of the Directors at Hibernian FC would be if a similar rule was introduced making it compulsory for them to sample the fare provided for the supporters in the stands.

* Alan Rough and Derek Johnstone went to every SPL ground to try the pies. Hibs came last.
    Those 2 well known salad dodgers certainly know their pies. I wonder who won the fight for the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

What would Johnstone know? The pies wouldn't stay in his mouth long enough on their high-speed route to his gut to even graze his tastebuds.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The food at Easter Road is an utter disgrace. No quality control whatsoever and the pricing is ridiculous. I refuse to buy anything there. Last time I got a pie that cost about three times what you'd pay in Greggs for one, and it was so hard I reckon if my aim was good enough I could have knocked out the linesman with it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Pah! Nonsense! The steak pies are tremendous and piping hot, much better than Greggsand well worth a couple of quid!! Never understood how folk complain about them being cold. Eat them at the game - don't take them home with you!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The Caterers in the main employ kids to prepare and sell the grub and I'd be surprised if they had to go through even the most basic of training prior to being employed.

And yes, things can wrong even if their only invovement is heating the pies up etc.

Service terrible, rude and surly, unhygienic and worst value for money in the SPL.

(This could also describe Alan O'Brien but at least he was quick)
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 06-10-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Amazing that we cant even get the pies at ER right, it only takes someone at Hibs to do the simple thing and check the pies now and again and if they are not upto scratch the company lose their contract, simple no??

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I actually love the pies at ER.

First Team Breakthrough .SeventyFive's Avatar
    I might be on my own here but I think the food is ace. I regularly get both a pizza and a pie, mix them together in a giant bowl and enjoy.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    If ER came last where did Parkhead come 'cause the same company does both and I think Inverness??????

What type of grub are people expecting at a f****** fitba match? Everytime i've tried something its been spot on. Prices are expensive but foods alright.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I actually love the pies at ER.
    Which ones? The last two times ive got the scotch pie the pastry was so hard it could have caused serious injury. When i finally got inside, the meat was the consistency of runny porridge. It collapsed like a Gorgie jakey's stomach.

Its really not that difficult to heat up a pie. I do it all the time

I don't think the pies are too bad at ER, personally. Though strike me down for saying it, I thought the steak pie at Tynecastle earlier in the season was pretty good (about the only thing that manky lot can do right).

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The food at Easter Road is an utter disgrace. No quality control whatsoever and the pricing is ridiculous. I refuse to buy anything there. Last time I got a pie that cost about three times what you'd pay in Greggs for one, and it was so hard I reckon if my aim was good enough I could have knocked out the linesman with it.

Bought a couple of pies at the St Js game and they were disgusting, hardly no mince in them at all, and the crust was brick hard, and wait for it, they have the cheek to ask for £2.20 a pie, a total rip off and the club should be having a strong word with the caterers that supply the food at ER.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Over priced and rubbish

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The curry pies are atrocious, over-done and too hard to eat. The meat is bogging too, all four cubes of it.

Glaikit kids serving (and I use that term loosely) over-priced, poor quality food, no more, no thanks! I seriously wish the club would put a little more effort into improving things. I'm not suggesting we totally break away from the mould of the traditional Scottish Football ground fayre but maybe add to the experience and quality; Pre-packed cold filled rolls and sandwiches, at realistic prices. Cartons of ice cold milk or fresh orange juice...I mean it's not difficult to freshen things up a bit. But at the very least, they need to look at the pricing and quality

ps Come winter time when I'm like a frozen penguin I concede I will (grudgingly) partake of a Bovril

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    Glaikit kids serving (and I use that term loosely) over-priced, poor quality food, no more, no thanks! I seriously wish the club would put a little more effort into improving things. I'm not suggesting we totally break away from the mould of the traditional Scottish Football ground fayre but maybe add to the experience and quality; Pre-packed cold filled rolls and sandwiches, at realistic prices. Cartons of ice cold milk or fresh orange juice...I mean it's not difficult to freshen things up a bit. But at the very least, they need to look at the pricing and quality

ps Come winter time when I'm like a frozen penguin I concede I will (grudgingly) partake of a Bovril
    Without wanting to bang on about the Germans and how they do it so much better...they do!

Fairly cheap, tastes good, don't have to wait an age and you can have a beer. Simples.

Shame we're in the 'rip off the fans' trade in this country. £2.20 for a mince pie??!! Stinks.

Coaching Staff
    Hibernian always misses a trick on marketing and involving local business. To be frank, whoever dreams up ideas at ER is atrocious at their job. From the food quality to strip launches, to the website.

Regards food and pies.......there is a world famous butchers whose colours are green and whose name means quality.....in the area too. Crombies ! Steak pie only just over one pound in the shop......surely not rocket science to at least explore and see if Hibs can match Killie for being known for a quality pie ?

Still cannae beat Bains though !

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hibernian always misses a trick on marketing and involving local business. To be frank, whoever dreams up ideas at ER is atrocious at their job. From the food quality to strip launches, to the website.

Regards food and pies.......there is a world famous butchers whose colours are green and whose name means quality.....in the area too. Crombies ! Steak pie only just over one pound in the shop......surely not rocket science to at least explore and see if Hibs can match Killie for being known for a quality pie ?

Still cannae beat Bains though !
    Crombies is just down from my work and i frequently go there for my lunch... the pies & pastries are tremendous!

The food at ER was always ghastly. In the sixties my dad and I used to take in pork pies and crisps to eat.

Best pies used to be at Falkirk Brockville - not too greasy, decent pastry and full of goodness.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I will quite simply not pay £2.20 for a pie. Absolute no chance, Id rather fill my face with munchies from Greggs before entering the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hibernian always misses a trick on marketing and involving local business. To be frank, whoever dreams up ideas at ER is atrocious at their job. From the food quality to strip launches, to the website.Regards food and pies.......there is a world famous butchers whose colours are green and whose name means quality.....in the area too. Crombies ! Steak pie only just over one pound in the shop......surely not rocket science to at least explore and see if Hibs can match Killie for being known for a quality pie ?Still cannae beat Bains though !
    Can you imagine Crombies doing the food at ER? The manna house at the top of easter road also does excellent food, although its a bit of a continental bakery vibe. I just make and take a sandwich and a carton for the wee one now, but it would be so much better if we didnt have to.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    Without wanting to bang on about the Germans and how they do it so much better...they do!

Fairly cheap, tastes good, don't have to wait an age and you can have a beer. Simples.

Shame we're in the 'rip off the fans' trade in this country. £2.20 for a mince pie??!! Stinks.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Can you imagine Crombies doing the food at ER? The manna house at the top of easter road also does excellent food, although its a bit of a continental bakery vibe. I just make and take a sandwich and a carton for the wee one now, but it would be so much better if we didnt have to.
    That's the thing though bollah, I just wonder how far Hibs go to explore investing in local business, especially those with a good reputation. Killie, as well as the footy, are known for their pies..........so folk will buy them to see what the fuss is about. If you got someone like Crombies on board then folk would perhaps pay the £2 for a good, quality steak pie. If it only costs £1.20 in the shop, I don't see why you couldn't. Yes they need to cover staff and catering costs but I am positive it could be done. Not that I am on commission from the place but they recently supplied us for an event and they were very easy to deal with, and cost was excellent. The kids and young folk literally loved the food too.

You've also got Tony Crolla and La Favorita on Leith Walk........explore them doing Hibs pizzas..........just explore and see if there is a better, more localised way to improve catering (and above all quality).

You probably are like me and grew up with the greasy pie and the bovril (if indeed we ate at games). But the simple truth nowadays is that people want value for money and quality at football. My eldest likes a wee Subway to himself and when he sees the pizza or pie at Easter Road he turn his nose up (wee snob ). That's the modern football fan...............in fact, what would be wrong with granting concessions within Easter Road (like they do with the bookies).

Maybe one day mate we will be sitting with our kids, Crabbies in one hand, Crombies steak pie or Subway meatball sandwich in the other, wazing lyrical about how the Hibernian midfield could do with an Ed De Graaf type

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post

Without wanting to bang on about the fifers at EEP recently for the 2-2 game i was delighted with the quality of the stovies and the bridies, excellent.

£1:50 for the stovies iirc, tremendous value.

Poor quality pies at ER imo, overpriced and filled with molten lava.

I refuse to pay the over inflated prices that the catering company want for their pies (even if they were 50p each I still wouldn't buy one as I don't eat meat), chips, crisps or any other food that they serve. I do on a rare occasion buy their tea but that's only because you can no longer get in the ground with a flask. I know I'm going to get a wee bit hungry at the match so I take my own vegetarian sausage rolls. £1.29 for a box of 6 Linda McCartney sausage rolls and they are delicious.

The staff who serve them are as thick as mince. They give me water bottles instead of pouring it into a cup on a regular basic(which ends up with a steward asking me to bin it) and I always have to give my order at least twice before the actually get it.