hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough supersauzee's Avatar
    This was always going to happen! Apparently Levein previously felt GOC brought nothing to the Scotland squad! I dont give a toss about the Scotland national team or Levein so he can go ****** himself. Like others have said how can he call up goodwillie when he aint playing and leave GOC and Fletcher out, its just crazy. Again this can only be good for Hibs as its Scotland's loss, Hibs gain and GOC can get a good rest for the Hibs games. Keeps him focused just on Hibs and this ommission could see him score more for us!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!

Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.

I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club.

I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic.
    So, are you saying that Levein looks on Hibernian the same way as he looks on any other club?

PS

That must make me rather pathetic, and proud of it!

Coaching Staff
    I don't think he is doing a great job but some of this stuff about Levein is pretty wide of the mark. I dealt with him quite a lot a few years ago when he was starting out as manager and he was a really good guy to deal with.

He didn't include goodwillie while there were still charges hanging over him and i think he has to do the same with o'Connor if that is the general decision that is made about these things.

He's up for posession and also molesting police officers as well as having been charged with insurance fraud.

He can score as many goals as he likes but until that goes away I can't see him being considered.

The Fletcher thing is tricky but from what I've heard the problem was and is with how Fletcher handled it and Levein doesn't see it as in his court to make the move to address it. You can take either view on that but its not an unreasonable stance if the same is applied to all in whateer the circumstances were. Should Mancini be going to Tevez just because he might need him?

As posted above I don't see any recent Hibs player that should have been getting in the Scotland squads and ther are plenty in there with Hibs backgrounds.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!

Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.

I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club.

I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic.
    Okay. I choose not to support the national side as much as I could because of Levein's frankly embarrassing decisions such as playing 4-6-0 away from home in a must-win game, his cowardice at begging banned players to play for the team, getting involved in a hissy fit with a striker because he asked to sit out one game and won't do exactly the same thing that Levein himself did to McGregor, his constant overlooking of performing players from ANY team for no decent reason (not O'Connor), and lastly because of ties to other countries/nationalities.

Does that make me pathetic or is it perfectly alright because it isn't based on unsupported prejudice? You're making a lot of assumptions about some folk on this thread.

No-one has said that the Fletcher scenario is anything to do with Hibs.
    Goodwillie plays for Blackburn, not Dundee Utd, but the fact remains he is being picked when he isn't making the Blackburn squad on a weekly basis. Not the first XI, the first team squad.
    No-one seriously suggested (as far as I can see) that Levein actually has an anti-Hibs agenda. FWIW, my entire original post was largely tongue in cheek, hence the 'Or am I reading too much into this? ' line at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don't think he is doing a great job but some of this stuff about Levein is pretty wide of the mark. I dealt with him quite a lot a few years ago when he was starting out as manager and he was a really good guy to deal with.

He didn't include goodwillie while there were still charges hanging over him and i think he has to do the same with o'Connor if that is the general decision that is made about these things.

He's up for posession and also molesting police officers as well as having been charged with insurance fraud.

He can score as many goals as he likes but until that goes away I can't see him being considered.

The Fletcher thing is tricky but from what I've heard the problem was and is with how Fletcher handled it and Levein doesn't see it as in his court to make the move to address it. You can take either view on that but its not an unreasonable stance if the same is applied to all in whateer the circumstances were. Should Mancini be going to Tevez just because he might need him?

Much as though I'd love to have a reason to detest Levein even more than I already do, I fear that GO'C has given him too many ready excuses to leave him out of the international squad at this point.

Gamer IDs

Levein has no right to take the high moral ground with anyone.

Lets remember that he brought McGregor straight back in the squad after his misdemeanours and practically begged the odious Ferguson to come back.

Fletcher said he did not want ot be considered for ONE match - a meaningless friendly at the business end of the season with his club in danger of relegation. Levein has behaved like a bairn on this one.

Let us also remember that it was Levein who assaulted a team mate - during a match - breaking his jaw. He should have been locked up for that (Duncan Ferguson did much less and got banged up)

The man is a bitter and twisted embarrassment to the Scotland job and should be emptied forthwith. Hopefully after we get humped by the mighty Lichtenstein.

As posted above I don't see any recent Hibs player that should have been getting in the Scotland squads and ther are plenty in there with Hibs backgrounds.
    Aye. If he picked O'Connor and/or other players who were involved in off-field antics he'd be getting it tight for doing that so he can't win!

Although surely "refusing to come on as a sub in a European game" and "asking to be omitted from the squad to contest a diddy cup" are a bit different though.

I couldn't give a monkey's whether O'Connor gets picked for Scotland or not.

As long as he's fit and determined to pay Hibs back for believing in him, that's all that matters.

@hibs.net private member
    What is Levein all about.

he has picked 3 strikers.... unbelievable.... what other international team only includes 3 strikers. Against Lichenstien we should be going all out attack for the win but to me this indicates this hearts bassa is going maximum 1 up front.

First Team Breakthrough
    O'Connor is not being included for the same reason that Goodwillie was omitted until legal proceedings against him were dropped. This must prove that Levein has an anti-Dundee United agenda!Before O'Connor, there has not been a Hibs player meriting a Scotland place during Levein's time in the job. Under 21 players are getting picked on merit. There is no evidence that CL is showing any prejudice against Hibs or their players.I wish the manager and Fletcher would resolve their disagreement, but it's nothing to do with Fletcher's former club. I find people who won't support the national side because of a prejudice, unsupported by any facts, against the team's manager rather pathetic.
    I think we all knew levein would leave o'connor out. Purely on form he should be in the squad and all the off-field stuff should be left to one side as it doesn't seem to be affecting his game. Smacks of double standards to me as i am pretty sure goodwillie still has an assault charge hanging over him. I cannot believe that the scotland manager or his staff have failed to be impressed by o'connor on the pitch this season so will be interesting to hear why he left him out!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Danny Swanson called up.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Danny Swanson called up.
    Crickey!

Does Levein know that he's a Hibbie?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    Crickey!

Does Levein know that he's a Hibbie?

Good player capable of real quality but there are more deserving players.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    James Forrest - Bench Warmer at Celtic gets in the squad but Fletcher, O'Connor or McCormack don't.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Not surprised one bit that Garry wasn't selected. Levein seems utterly intent on sticking with a mixture of premier league, old firm, championship and ex players. Complete fud!

I agree with much of this, Levein actually really impressed me with what he said and how he handled himself initially, and had more respect from me than any Hearts manager before or since - that was until his pathetic outburst at Mowbray, the day before he left for Leicester.

I can't agree regarding the Fletcher situation though, Levein is national team manager and supposed to be the mature character here, and he had no reservations about going cap in hand to McGregor, Ferguson and Boyd after their indiscretions. It is his job to pick the best players available to him, and Fletcher is one of those players - if he picks him and Fletcher says he doesn't want to play now or ever, then the situation is finished, if he is selected and plays to his ability, we have a £7M striker and much better chance of achieving.

In short, Levein is being negligent as his ego is holding back the national team.

So, are you saying that Levein looks on Hibernian the same way as he looks on any other club?
    Yes. There's no evidence that he doesn't.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    He's been "molesting police officers"???

I must have missed that part of the story. Do enlighten me?

He was watching Swanson. CL and Swanson have a bromance going on, he thinks Danny is one of the best youth talents in Scotland. He is picking Goodwillie because he has managed him before, knows what he's all about and thinks he's the right man for the job, nothing to do with Flecture or O'Connor.

I would like to see CL play more attractive, attacking football though. We haven't progressed anywhere in the last 20 years, it's time we went out and attacked. By playing defensively you may win but you won't get better. At least if you go out and attack your going to improve. Fact is we're not even winning by playing anti football so whats the point? With Charlie Adam and Darren Flecture in the middle of the park you must be able to create some form of attractive football. The win at all cost mentality is terrible in this country.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green and white View Post
    He was watching Swanson. CL and Swanson have a bromance going on, he thinks Danny is one of the best youth talents in Scotland. He is picking Goodwillie because he has managed him before, knows what he's all about and thinks he's the right man for the job, nothing to do with Flecture or O'Connor.

I would like to see CL play more attractive, attacking football though. We haven't progressed anywhere in the last 20 years, it's time we went out and attacked. By playing defensively you may win but you won't get better. At least if you go out and attack your going to improve. Fact is we're not even winning by playing anti football so whats the point? With Charlie Adam and Darren Flecture in the middle of the park you must be able to create some form of attractive football. The win at all cost mentality is terrible in this country.
    Predictive text?

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Okay. I choose not to support the national side as much as I could because of Levein's frankly embarrassing decisions such as playing 4-6-0 away from home in a must-win game, his cowardice at begging banned players to play for the team, getting involved in a hissy fit with a striker because he asked to sit out one game and won't do exactly the same thing that Levein himself did to McGregor, his constant overlooking of performing players from ANY team for no decent reason (not O'Connor), and lastly because of ties to other countries/nationalities.

Does that make me pathetic or is it perfectly alright because it isn't based on unsupported prejudice? You're making a lot of assumptions about some folk on this thread.

No-one has said that the Fletcher scenario is anything to do with Hibs.
    Goodwillie plays for Blackburn, not Dundee Utd, but the fact remains he is being picked when he isn't making the Blackburn squad on a weekly basis. Not the first XI, the first team squad.
    No-one seriously suggested (as far as I can see) that Levein actually has an anti-Hibs agenda. FWIW, my entire original post was largely tongue in cheek, hence the 'Or am I reading too much into this? ' line at the end.
    No objection to someone staying away because of valid reasons. It's the people who can only see bad in CL because of his past at Hearts that I'm getting at. You make some fair points (e.g. 4-6-0), but I don't agree with the opinion in your earlier post that Levein is picking his pals rather than people with talent. He's choosing what he believes is the best team available - doing otherwise would damage his own reputation and future as well as the country's performance. I wish he would sort out his difference with Fletcher, but it's not the same as the position with MacGregor as Levein said when he took the job that he was starting with a clean slate so people would get a chance with him regardless of their past.

No objection to someone staying away because of valid reasons. It's the people who can only see bad in CL because of his past at Hearts that I'm getting at. You make some fair points (e.g. 4-6-0), but I don't agree with the opinion in your earlier post that Levein is picking his pals rather than people with talent. He's choosing what he believes is the best team available - doing otherwise would damage his own reputation and future as well as the country's performance. I wish he would sort out his difference with Fletcher, but it's not the same as the position with MacGregor as Levein said when he took the job that he was starting with a clean slate so people would get a chance with him regardless of their past.
    Well, as I said my original post was largely tongue-in-cheek; I don't really think it's a case of the old boys' club in terms of who he picks. Just not 100% sure that he is picking the best team available. Then again I suppose it's all subjective in terms of who an individual rates.

Aye, I remembered Levein's clean slate comment a wee while ago. Still think it's ludicrous but fair enough.

Testimonial Due
    The twat can keep digging a hole for himself as far as I am concerned, but it is now starting to risk results of our national team.

His gash reasoning behind players not getting a game if the dont feature for their club is now making him look foolish in the eyes of anyone neutral. Goodwillie may well be a better player than O'Connor on paper or however it is the fandango looks at it, however, on form there is no comparison, a player scoring week in week out V's someone who runs the touchline every 25 mins to keep warm. If he was doing it every second week at the side of pitch at old trafford fair enough there is maybe half an excuse, but at blackburn!

Get a life Levien.

First Team Breakthrough
    Potter can get to ****, woudlnae ken talent if it hit him square on the nose.

Levein has no right to take the high moral ground with anyone.

Lets remember that he brought McGregor straight back in the squad after his misdemeanours and practically begged the odious Ferguson to come back.

Fletcher said he did not want ot be considered for ONE match - a meaningless friendly at the business end of the season with his club in danger of relegation. Levein has behaved like a bairn on this one.

Let us also remember that it was Levein who assaulted a team mate - during a match - breaking his jaw. He should have been locked up for that (Duncan Ferguson did much less and got banged up)

The man is a bitter and twisted embarrassment to the Scotland job and should be emptied forthwith. Hopefully after we get humped by the mighty Lichtenstein.
    After the Czech debacle he should never be allowed to manage any football team again. Levein brought Scottish football ireprably into disrepute that day and should be charged with this. An obnoxious fud of the highest order who would be out his depth in a paddling pool.

I dont particularly care if O'Connor never went anywhere near the national side. On the plus side he might benefit from playing at that higher level, on the other theres the possibility of injuries, long journeys/tiredness and just the demoralising effect of having to spend time next to SFA blazers and being coached anti-football by a clown like Levein.I felt the same when Levein wouldn't pick Riordan. Probably a blessing in disguise from a Hibs point of view.

That is an absolute joke. Potter can gtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    James Forrest - Bench Warmer at Celtic gets in the squad but Fletcher, O'Connor or McCormack don't.
    I cannot understand for the life of me why Forrest has been called up recently. Potter is clueless...

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Predictive text?

nah mate just uneducated!

Who is Grant Hanley?