hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Souness was absolutely bang on the money with everything that he said tonight.

Apparently Tevez has told Sky Sports that he didn't feel right "mentally" to play.

Absolutely disgraceful attitude to have and if I had been a Man City fan over in Munich tonight, spending money that I can barely afford on flights, accommodation and match tickets, and heard that from one of the players who is reportedly on £150,000 per week, I would actually be quite offended by that explanation.
    Who's to say they could 'barely' afford flights and all that? How do you know this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Who's to say they could 'barely' afford flights and all that? How do you know this?
    It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

I was just making the point that there are a lot of football supporters out there who are normal, working class people, who don't have a lot of money to their name but who make a lot of sacrifices to be able to follow their team at home and abroad.

To hear such a feeble excuse from a multi millionaire football player, who is paid in one week what a lot of them would need to work for around five or six years to earn would make me really angry if I was in that position.

I'm sure every single Manchester City fan who was there tonight would have given their right arm to be able to make a five minute appearance for their team tonight.

It wasn't meant to be taken literally.

I was just making the point that there are a lot of football supporters out there who are normal, working class people, who don't have a lot of money to their name but who make a lot of sacrifices to be able to follow their team at home and abroad.

To hear such a feeble excuse from a multi millionaire football player, who is paid in one week what a lot of them would need to work for around five or six years to earn would make me really angry if I was in that position.

I'm sure every single Manchester City fan who was there tonight would have given their right arm to be able to make a five minute appearance for their team tonight.
    Fair enough, just seemed like your were having a dig at Man City fans.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Tevez was out of order tonight, as was Dzeko, nae need to behave like that, both should be stuck in the reserves and sold in january. City really need to be seen to make an example of these two idiots and show that they will not put up with these antics from overpaid so called superstars. They showed a complete lack of respect to the fans, the club and Mancini tonight. Still think City will qualify though and very much looking forward to going down there for the home games against Bayern and Villareal.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    One thing's for certain, Tevez wouldn't have done that a couple of years ago, if Alex Ferguson had told him to go on the pitch.
    Scholes refused to play for Manchester in 2001. Ferguson fined him a couple of weeks' wages.

First Team Breakthrough jamieross's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamieMth
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Mancini confirming that Tevez refused to go on as sub with plenty time left.

Surely he will never play for City again, should be kicked out IMO.
    No point, its what he'll want, a free move to somewhere else thats willing to pay his ridiculous wages. Dock him a few weeks wages and make him train with the reserve team for a while and make him give others respect.