hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agogo

Agogo

My man of the match tonight

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aye mine too

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I've been his harshest critic but he impressed me tonight.

First Team Breakthrough hibee1994's Avatar
    Looked brillant tonight and still looks like there could be a little bit more in there as well. He kept on running and chasing down those defenders. Saw a completely new player tonight than the one I saw before.

First Team Breakthrough alfieboi75's Avatar
    Worked his socks off....hope he does the same on Saturday.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Could be a key player against Rangers, needs to be the hold-up boy much like Tracky Boatums was the last time we humped them through there.

thought he really put in a shift....that one late in the game where he chased down the keeper really picked everyone up..
    keep it up Jnr !

Like a totally different player tonight. Movement, workrate, intelligence, speed! I hated him his first few games, loved him tonight. Ivan my MOM but only just.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    My MoM. Worked really hard, won the ball, held the ball, good movement, good passing - everything but a goal. You could see the mutual respect between him and GOC when he went off.

CC did tell us he would be a good player once he got match fit.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like a totally different player tonight. Movement, workrate, intelligence, speed! I hated him his first few games, loved him tonight. Ivan my MOM but only just.
    thought gary O was great tonight again

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Most of his performances to date have been grim but he worked hard and looked a better player tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Even for costing us the first goal? With a bit more composure Ivan could have scored another one or two as well. But a cool head was never his strong point. I thought Agogo was the top man by far tonight and him and GOC are building up a really good understanding.

Left by mutual consent!
    Junior was superb tonight and his work rate was second to none. Some of the one touch play at times between him and Gaz was brilliant to watch.

Strike force sorted, now lets get the defence looking as good and we've cracked it.

I wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I've spoken to someone who was there and they also thought Agogo played really well tonight.

Hopefully his goal on Saturday has given him a wee boost.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    He's still not a patch on his dad!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I've spoken to someone who was there and they also thought Agogo played really well tonight.

Hopefully his goal on Saturday has given him a wee boost.
    I think it's match sharpness too. He's been looking a lot sharper the past two games and he was different class tonight. Strong, skillful and very quick.

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    Thought he was great tonight! great link up between him and o'connor!

Well taken goal and god assist on saturday aswell!

More of the same and weve got a player on our hands!

Keep it up Junior!!

Yup Junior gets my MotM -

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Junior was superb tonight and his work rate was second to none. Some of the one touch play at times between him and Gaz was brilliant to watch.

Strike force sorted, now lets get the defence looking as good and we've cracked it.

First Team Breakthrough BigBamba's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIBEE09
    Thought junior looked the part tonight, but felt towells composure in midfield was excellent!

Not surprising in the current climate to read Hibs fans talking about 'hating him' and being 'his harshest critic' after what - 3 or 4 starts?

How long do players get to settle into a new club/country these days?

I've also noticed a real urgency from fans around me to get on at other players like Osbourne who's just in the door and also improving every game- just like Agogo.

We've been crying out for a guy who can hold the ball up and instantly link up with players around him and hopefully we've found our man.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Finchster10 View Post
    Not surprising in the current climate to read Hibs fans talking about 'hating him' and being 'his harshest critic' after what - 3 or 4 starts?

How long do players get to settle into a new club/country these days?

I've also noticed a real urgency from fans around me to get on at other players like Osbourne who's just in the door and also improving every game- just like Agogo.

We've been crying out for a guy who can hold the ball up and instantly link up with players around him and hopefully we've found our man.
    I think he got about 45mins - the second half of the killie game before getting hammered! I did think he would come good for us, and I still think he can improve and have an even bigger impact. I hope he can get plenty of joy out of the huns CH's at times it looks like he is made out of stone the St J CH struggled all night against him. Again he showed good passing ability and awareness to get the ball out and start things moving.

MOM? Yeah maybe, feel harsh not giving it to O'Connor but he did very well so I think I would have to give it to Agogo.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Agogo was terrific tonight. Power, a bit of pace at times, clever hold up play, determination, hard work... all evident in his performance.

Hope there's more still to come from him, but he certainly would have won over a few folk after that performance tonight, and rightly so.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool Agogo

yes i thought he wa ssuperb tonight

Thought there was a lot of good performances tonight; O'Hanlon and Murray coped well with a good pair of strikers and Ogogo, Oconner and Sproule were great. Best performance for me though was Towell in midfield. Funny how Pallson looked so much better at RB than he did last time he played there. About the first good tactical switch I've noticed from CC; wonder if it was Brown's influence.

Thumbs Down

PS hadn't noticed the 'Positional changes' thread below.

PPS what was up wi Grithis tonight? Didn't seem interested or get involved first half then; 5 minutes into the second, after being moved inside, had a real go at Agogo which seemed to result in him being subbed. Walked straight down the tunnel- don't know if he came back.

Best game in a Hibs strip so far. Work rate was a LOT better, looked interested and good link up play with GOC. Maybe he is a footballer after all

Played well, if the ball he played in the 2nd half fell to someone other than Stevenson it would have been 4 and a great assist, great pass.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Really glad that him being caught in possession (when Sandaza shot narrowly past) didn't lead to him costing us another goal as that may well have been the end of his Hibs career in the eyes of too many Hibbies for him to carry on - his performance last night was excellent, his link up play was very good and his experience and ability when applied correctly will do the damage in this league, especially when playing alongside GOC.

The best thing is that it seems like there is more to come from him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Really glad that him being caught in possession (when Sandaza shot narrowly past) didn't lead to him costing us another goal as that may well have been the end of his Hibs career in the eyes of too many Hibbies for him to carry on - his performance last night was excellent, his link up play was very good and his experience and ability when applied correctly will do the damage in this league, especially when playing alongside GOC.

The best thing is that it seems like there is more to come from him too.
    Its strange that when Agogo is farther up the pitch, he seems to think quickly and release the ball at the right time, but when hes deeper in midfield or just in front of the defence hes just the opposite; dawdles and gets caught in possession.

Needs to be in attacking areas i think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I think he got about 45mins - the second half of the killie game before getting hammered! I did think he would come good for us, and I still think he can improve and have an even bigger impact. I hope he can get plenty of joy out of the huns CH's at times it looks like he is made out of stone the St J CH struggled all night against him. Again he showed good passing ability and awareness to get the ball out and start things moving.

MOM? Yeah maybe, feel harsh not giving it to O'Connor but he did very well so I think I would have to give it to Agogo.
    In fairness, Hibs supporters are consistent if nothing else, and I remember Zitelli getting the same treatment after a game or two.