hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Goalkeeper!!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I dont think we should continually chop and change goalies. Stack has had a couple of poor performances IMO however personally think he is the better of the two and a bit of faith should be shown in him at present.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dare you to look at Makalamby part one and part three once you've pulled it up on google.And then tell me that's not a better keeper than any we have at the moment
    I don't doubt he had some great moments and was able to pull off some cracking saves and collect some good crosses.

The problem is, and what videos and the stats don't quite show, is that outwith those great moments he was more liable than most to make an erse of something.

Stack is probably on no nore than 4 or 5 howlers for his whole Hibs career, Brown hasn't had many, commentators and media are suddenty leaving Hibs goalkeepers alone.

Maka just isn't consistent and reliable, that's the minimum base for any decent goalkeeper.

Stack a great keeper and Brown not far behind.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    He never commanded his box mate but you really lost me with his distribution comment his kicking is as good as anyone at spl level and actually better than most, 1 miss kick on Saturday watch any game brown has ever played and I would bet there is more than that on 1 half
    2 miss kicks last night found touch at halfway both times not bad for poor distribution

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Stack a great keeper and Brown not far behind.
    I admire your faith but I think you're looking through rose tinted specs. I honestly believe only the 2 teams currently below us in the league have poorer keeper(s) than Hibs. I really couldn't see any of the other teams swapping their keeper for either of our 2. I also think OF & unfortunately Yams reserve keepers are better than our 2. I know it's all about opinion & I'll be delighted to be proved wrong come season end.