hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaiah Osbourne

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    He done well.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think Osbourne looks composed and rarely gifts possession away. Ive liked what ive seen si far, even in the otherwise bad performances against hertz and the sheep. Unfortunately the balance of the midfield is wrong....i think hed work well with a battler next to him and a creative fantasista in front of him.

Certainly Osbirne isnt our biggest problem at the moment.

I think he looks more than ok but we play a style that means his position is redundant.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought all the midfielders were ok until we lost the first goal. We actually tried to pass the ball through the midfield a few times. For me changing the forwards right after we lost that goal cost us the win, and handed Dunfermline the initiative.

Our midfield had been competing up to then, but suddenly had much more to do after the statues came on. They were not fantastic, but had done enough to get us into a winning position.

Then along comes clueless to **** it up.

I thought he was complete and utter pish last week, better this week however.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he looks more than ok but we play a style that means his position is redundant.

And in the times where the ball wasn't been punted over his head, I thought he showed some nice touches.

Summed up in the last minute where our defense was doing the usual "get the ball clear! Lump it, scruff it, sclaff it anywhere!" Osbourne controlled the ball brilliantly, turned and picked a pass.

Like I said in my OP, he seemed like the only one with any composure.

Boozy wasn't very fast, Sauzee wasn't particularily quick and if we get the ball on the deck, we'll see Ozzy in a better light IMO.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought all the midfielders were ok until we lost the first goal. We actually tried to pass the ball through the midfield a few times. For me changing the forwards right after we lost that goal cost us the win, and handed Dunfermline the initiative.

Our midfield had been competing up to then, but suddenly had much more to do after the statues came on. They were not fantastic, but had done enough to get us into a winning position.

Then along comes clueless to **** it up.

Brought on the big guys and bypassed the midfield for the rest of the game with hoof after hoof. I mind the days when we were able to rip the pish out of the Yams for football like that.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I think Osbourne is a decent player, good touch on the ball and a reasonable passer. Not sure him and Pallson are a great partnership as both seem to be lacking in great desire and energy.

[QUOTE=Devine;2918063]With Osbourne and Palsson in the middle of the park we have the slowest and laziest midfield partnership in the league.

If you are seriously implying that Osbourne was decent then you didnt watch the same game![/QUOTE

Spot on mate Both Osbourne and Palsson where very poor today.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    1. Maybe in a passing game would we see the real Osbourne correct

2. but he's the laziest CM I've seen in ages. how many passes does he get? - Refer to point No.1
    The lazy comment was in reference to his lack of chasing down the ball and tracking back - you've misunderstood.

No contradiction there.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps we may have signed the Wrong one........

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/ind...howtopic=27028

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

They must be in more trouble than us if they're glorifying him.

He was terrible against Celtic and done nothing at ER last week.

I'm sure we've got the better Ozzy

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Brought on the big guys and bypassed the midfield for the rest of the game with hoof after hoof. I mind the days when we were able to rip the pish out of the Yams for football like that.
    That's what happens when players with low confidence start to panic. If anyone really thinks that the team sets out to give ball after ball away then I'm really surprised.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    That's what happens when players with low confidence start to panic. If anyone really thinks that the team sets out to give ball after ball away then I'm really surprised.
    I don't think he set out to give the ball away, I do think that he set out to get the ball forward to the heads of Agogo and Sodje to try and get knock downs for the other one to run onto. It wouldn't be the first time he's used that as a deliberate tactic.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Problem that I have with both Osbourne and Thornhill is that where they both show the atributes and the potential to be decent players for us, we need it now and we need it week in week out. We went through the same thing last season with EDG when we brought in a player based on what he used to be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't think he set out to give the ball away, I do think that he set out to get the ball forward to the heads of Agogo and Sodje to try and get knock downs for the other one to run onto. It wouldn't be the first time he's used that as a deliberate tactic.
    That's the thing. He's too deliberate it's easy to work out. That's why teams suss us out quickly and players suddenly look lost half way during a match.

I actually quite like CC but feel now that his championship tactics don't work up here. I remember reading an article with Maurice Malpas when he was at Swindon Town. The first thing he done was buy two big strikers as height/power on set pieces seemed the most productive at that level.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 18-09-2011 at 07:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

The sheep always think their new signings are world beaters, but after 6 months of playing for them they then get over that and realise they are ***** like the rest of their team.

I can see why Osbourne has been a flop at his previous clubs, just like all the other CC signings.

Very good on the ball

Pathetically lazy off it

Low workrates and lazy, unfit midfielders are the biggest contribution to our downfall since Brown, Thomson and Beuzy left

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Seems to me that we have three ball winning type players in the middle of the park (Osbourne, Scott & Pallson) and no creativity. I think Osbourne has done okay so far and made more impact in his short time here than Scott or Thornhill for instance. However, I wouldn't expect him to do much more than win the ball and play the simple pass. He has a bit of a physical presence but also from what I've seen a tendency to disappear from the game too often, particularly second half. If his performance levels drop from what they are now, as many players seem to once they've settled in then he won't be a great deal of use to us either.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GalH View Post
    Seems to me that we have three ball winning type players in the middle of the park (Osbourne, Scott & Pallson) and no creativity. I think Osbourne has done okay so far and made more impact in his short time here than Scott or Thornhill for instance. However, I wouldn't expect him to do much more than win the ball and play the simple pass. He has a bit of a physical presence but also from what I've seen a tendency to disappear from the game too often, particularly second half. If his performance levels drop from what they are now, as many players seem to once they've settled in then he won't be a great deal of use to us either.
    Pretty much sums it up for me. I thought he was the best of our midfield on Saturday however that's not saying much. No creation at all in CC's teams especially with Sproule being so totally inefective. I'm afraid to say, with Calderwood and Brown at the helm, I don't expect many rip-raring, sillky soccer style games.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Osbourne so far has looked like about 90% of the players that we have had in the last 4 years - seems to have good attributes and you can imagine him being a good player for us, but the signs so far are that you're hoping he'll come good rather than expecting it.

I can understand why some people may have thought Osbourne was playing well so did i until i really thought about it, in a game that was error strewn when somebody managed to master the basics they looked better than the rest.

So....

Anybody want to admit they've had a change of opinion?

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar

Osbourne

Good to see the big guy back in midfield again today, think we've really missed him the past month.
    He had a couple if cracking runs and was only denied by a good save from their keeper. In my humble opinion he looked the best player on the park today.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Good to see the big guy back in midfield again today, think we've really missed him the past month.
    He had a couple if cracking runs and was only denied by a good save from their keeper. In my humble opinion he looked the best player on the park today.
    Agree, he was probably MOM just shading it from Stephens.....We have missed the big guy.....Glad he is back
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    This guy is class.

Coaching Staff
    Good player. Lacked a bit of sharpness but he will be a big player for us with a decent team around him.

@hibs.net private member
    Played very well today but I think there is still more to come from him

Ozzy is the MAN.

For those of us who spotted he was class from Day One...A great big parochial Hibs.net GIRUY to everyone else

I recall after his first game vs Aberdeen some saying we had bought the wrong Osbourne and we'd have been better with his brother

Build a new midfield around him now please Pat.