hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What concerns me is that the mistakes made on the pitch aren't from the team going hell for leather to get results or to get back into games, it's mostly from lack of concentration.

It's almost as if the team don't fear going into the dressing room after a poor performance - like in the Killie game, we just gave up the ghost when it mattered, and CC's post match press conference didn't inspire me - if it came down to believing that he either accepted the result or went through the team like a dose of salts, it'd be the former.

CC should be visibly pissed off in the press conferences after these games, it's a short length of time after the match has finished - he seems to be wallowing in self pity as opposed to reprimanding shocking performances.

Never thought I'd say this - I'd welcome Jefferies or the Tango man at the club right now as I'd expect they wouldn't put up with the performances of late.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Hanlon is passable in the air but lacks pace (skinned in the incident that led to Stack doing a diving header).

His passing , in particular to Towell, sorry change that to meant to be to Towell but either way behind him or way in front of him, was woeful
    He really is slow , there was one moment in the second half where he was clear favourite to get to the ball, which was heading out on the East Stand side. Both the Aberdeen player and Richie Towell hared past him to get to it. He looked like he was going backwards!

I would say, though, that I think he is a good defender in that he'll generally get his head/foot/body in the way, and considering he's not the tallest he wins his fair share of headers on account of his positioning, timing, and strength.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Our defence is terrible, still plenty of silly mistakes - luckily they didn't lead to any goals for Eberdeen.

I cant recall watching a game where the ball spent so much time in the air and so little time on the deck.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    It's obvious that he can't afford to allow himself to be turned and have to face his own goal, yet in the second half there were at least 3 occasions where he let balls bounce or failed to cut them out and put himself and the team under severe pressure - Stack's crazy header developed from one of them.

He is awful with the ball at his feet, but as he is a defender, I can handle that if he can do the basics of defending. I was impressed with him after the Celtic game, but he was poor today, and I worry what better teams will do to us.

He could easily have been sent off in the first half too, though as he got away with a booking, it can be classed as a good foul.
    Didnt think he was as bad as you are making out. Thought he won alot of headers in the air and was quite commanding. He isnt quick that is for sure however dont think his distribution was too bad. Given he hasnt played alot I think he will get better with games and understanding with the other defenders.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Didnt think he was as bad as you are making out. Thought he won alot of headers in the air and was quite commanding. He isnt quick that is for sure however dont think his distribution was too bad. Given he hasnt played alot I think he will get better with games and understanding with the other defenders.
    Fair enough. I don't like being so down on one of our players, but given that we were hoping that he would come in and help Hanlon develop, it was Hanlon who had to bail him out several times against an attack that hasn't scored in 6 out of 7 SPL games. I thought his distribution was really bad, and given that he seems to only be an out and out stopper, I thought he didn't even look that capable of doing that particularly well (though I did think the opposite before he got injured in the Celtic game). I would expect any centre half in the SPL to win a lot of headers though.

I obviously hope that he goes on and improves considerably over the next few weeks, but at the moment he just seems like yet another signing that I had high hopes for who isn't going to perform at the level hoped/expected. Got the same feeling from Osbourne yesterday too.

Who knows though? Michael O'Neill had a very slow start to his Hibs career and he became one of the best players I've ever seen play for Hibs.

Blog Entries

U

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    His time is up -we are easy to beat now and fans are staying away from his brand of football in droves.

he'll still take his wages though.

Double training sessions, no days off until we start winning thats what he should be doing

God hibs hack me off
    Too true he'll take his wages ............. He's simply doing the job for which the board gave him a massive vote (£300000 worth if the rumours are correct) of confidence. They are the ones who should be the focus of tbe supporters' anger and frustration. I've got past the stage of blaming Calderwood who will carry on in his useless and aimless fashion till we are in an inescapable position. He more or less said he wanted away but the clowns who run the club failed to see and grasp the opportunity that lay on a plate in front of them. Not only has the team settled effortlessly into the worst in the SPL, but our board has displayed an unbelievable ability to miss or ignore the calamity which was evolving in front of their eyes and for which they expect Joe Public to stump up £25 for the priviledge of witnessing week in week out.

Incidentally, can anyone imagine what this place would've been like last year had Yogi come out and said "I'm really enjoying what the players are going through right now"?!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Incidentally, can anyone imagine what this place would've been like last year had Yogi come out and said "I'm really enjoying what the players are going through right now"?!
    That was the line I thought I heard on the radio.

No idea what he means with that one.

I did like Chic Young reminding maybe Craig Brown that you could pick 11 fans and get commitment and passion but that wouldn't make a decent football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    That was the line I thought I heard on the radio.

No idea what he means with that one.

I did like Chic Young reminding maybe Craig Brown that you could pick 11 fans and get commitment and passion but that wouldn't make a decent football team.
    Ha, didn't hear that one. CC's interview was enough.

Calderwood is correct !

Quote Originally Posted by EK_Hibs View Post
    Because we have a truly inspiring manager who comes out with gems like:

"It was dreadful on occasions and at other times it was a lot worse than that."
    "It's like watching tv and the tv isnt working properly."
    The TV is not working properly.

Someone tell him, this time he can adjust the set !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    The TV is not working properly.

Someone tell him, this time he can adjust the set !
    Yeah, it is a bit like a TV engineer telling you that it's frustrating watching the TV when it isn't working properly.

Particularly if he also built the thing.