hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't there today but the worst game I can recall is when Falkirk beat us 1-0 at home. Think it was late 80's, Kano lost the ball in midfield only for them to run up field and score! Nothing from us after that or before actually!!
    Bit harsh to say that there's been nothing from us since the late 80s.

My worst game was Hibs 1 Arbroath 2, SC, 1977.
    Team that day:McDonald, Brownlie, Schaedler, Bremner, Stewart, Blackley, Edwards, McLeod, Smith, Muir, Duncan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I was going to take my son to his first ever Hibs game today. Luckily he vomited 10 minutes before we were meant to leave and he had to stay at home.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    You're certainly getting confused somewhere down the line if you think that was the worst Hibs game ever .. unless it was your first Hibs game?

A dark wet cold Wednesday night about October/November 1980 at Kilbowie after we'd been relegated for the first time in our history. A crowd of about 1000 watched Hibs get pumped 2-0 by Dumbarton and both sides were total crap. Today resembled Barca-Madrid (to keep the la liga theme) by comparison. There have been lots of similar between then and now but, while we are certainly not good enough, it's far from being the worst game ever. Hang around, if you can be arsed that is, it's Hibs and it's the way we do things.

Decided to avoid the game and go for a day out Golfing with a Carvery afterwards. Best decision this year.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Bit harsh to say that there's been nothing from us since the late 80s.

My worst game was Hibs 1 Arbroath 2, SC, 1977.
    Team that day:McDonald, Brownlie, Schaedler, Bremner, Stewart, Blackley, Edwards, McLeod, Smith, Muir, Duncan.
    It was meant to be in that particular game only.

Hibs 0-1 Stranraer takes some beating since it was our opening game in the first division

the two worst have to be the semi final defeats to ayr utd and dunfermline....the ayr game was particulary depressing as three old boys, yogi, pat mcginlay and lovering dominated the game for ayr and we had to watch hurtardo lumbering about like a bear on ice skates...the dunfermline semi induced a state of apathy i've never recovered from due to our utter inability to compete...at least today our midfielders battled and won their fair share of 50/50 balls...it really wasn't as bad as it could have been and a definite improvement on the st. mirren game.

First Team Breakthrough West Upper's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v HiiB3RNI4N x
    St Johnstone at Easter Road last year with the maltese ref is the worse and coldest game i have ever been to.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Worst ever as in devoid of anything of note by either side has to be a cracker on 27/4/91, 0-0 away to St Johnstone. The only reason I remember it is that nothing happened. Zilch, nada, zero.

Todays game was a footballing feast in comparison.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Actually thought today was ok not staggering but an improvement. Thought Osbourne looked fitter and had a decent game before running out of steam after an hour or so, Palsson next to him was better also. O'Hanlon had a solid game IMO and only thing was a finishing touch, Garry O on another day would have had a couple. A step at a time I think. A few games coming up which we should get better in with improved fitness, sharpness.

I can remember a few games similar to this, eg 0-0 against Falkirk when Hughes was in charge, 1-1 against Dunfermline (which was Sauzee's last game in charge).

No manager survives for long at Hibs when we are playing this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Ive attended loads of terrible games in my time, quite a few mentioned already on this thread, but there was just something about todays insipid, lifeless, inability to string together more than 3 passes, disinterested display which took it to a new low. The ref was terrible, the opposition were equally as bad, the attendance was embarassing and the noise was nonexistent. Its the furst time i can ever remember feeling sirry i have a season ticket. Did you think it was an enjoyable 90 mins?

Have you got any examples of a worse game and why, which was after all the OP?
    These things are always subjective, but I can see where you are coming from. The whole match day experience was poor.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Actually thought today was ok not staggering but an improvement. Thought Osbourne looked fitter and had a decent game before running out of steam after an hour or so, Palsson next to him was better also. O'Hanlon had a solid game IMO and only thing was a finishing touch, Garry O on another day would have had a couple. A step at a time I think. A few games coming up which we should get better in with improved fitness, sharpness.
    Another eternal optimist. There will be fewer easier games coming up than the one we had today against a dire Aberdeen side. We were totally devoid of any shape, tactics, pace, passion or anything else to enthuse about .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    The Livi cup final was a disgrace and you'll need to go a long way to find any worse IMO.
    I think that's because there was an expectation for us to win, and win handsomely to be fair. We froze on the day and simply didn't turn up, and Livi did well to take advantage. Today was just utter dross from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    You're certainly getting confused somewhere down the line if you think that was the worst Hibs game ever .. unless it was your first Hibs game?

I've seen worse Hibs performances, albeit only a few and not by much, but overall, with AFC as bad as they were, that game was an absolute stinker when we consider the supposed calibre of the players on display.

Really, really bad. Embarrassingly bad and... people simply will not pay £22 for that *****.

And you're kidding on if you think 8,972 were in the ground today. Not a chance, no way.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    The worst game I can remember is when Ayr beat us in the semi in 2002. Extra time penalty, nit only was it a terrible result, it was a terrible flat game and made worse by Mcginlay and Hughes being on the other team.

Dreadful all round!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    The worst game I can remember is when Ayr beat us in the semi in 2002. Extra time penalty, nit only was it a terrible result, it was a terrible flat game and made worse by Mcginlay and Hughes being on the other team.

Dreadful all round!
    This
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

The St Johnstone match was worse than the match yesterday.

It was bad though, there's no getting away from it. Both teams looked as if they had both been instructed by their managers not to lose that game yesterday, as opposed to going out and winning it.

I expect Hibs and Aberdeen to both be fighting relegation this season and I don't think we'll see many sides at Easter Road that are poorer than that Aberdeen side.

i thought it was awful and i think we should put out some off the younger players that done well vs sunderland because i would rather get beat with players trying than players who dont give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    i thought it was awful and i think we should put out some off the younger players that done well vs sunderland because i would rather get beat with players trying than players who dont give a ****
    The players were trying alright. it was more a case of they didn't know what to do. There is no point in changing the cast list if they still have the same Director.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough grantonhibee's Avatar
    deffo , was unreal griffiths the only player who looked interested when he came on , and who gives the man of the match awards ? scott ?? he was dire also

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Another eternal optimist. There will be fewer easier games coming up than the one we had today against a dire Aberdeen side. We were totally devoid of any shape, tactics, pace, passion or anything else to enthuse about .
    Not an eternal optimist but a clean sheet, O'Hanlon and Osbourne doing better, Palsson where he should be, Booth rested, Scott getting a game were reasonable positives. I thought O'Connor on a sharp day would have scored at least one. Think Ivan and Agogo didnt contribute much.

Also dont think Aberdeen are that bad to be honest and dont think they will be anywhere near relegation candidates..

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The players were trying alright. it was more a case of they didn't know what to do. There is no point in changing the cast list if they still have the same Director.
    I agree to an extent. But i was also thinking yesterday that players from the recent past that were considered average or limited by some on here (Jones, Bamba, Hogg (maybe), Benji, Zemmama, Riordan, Stokes et al) would absolutely stroll into yesterdays team and improve it massively.Calderwood is proving a very poor manager. But we also are very very short of quality players, even by our recent standards.

Testimonial Due
    Hibs v Meadowbank Thistle in the league cup, early 80s, Easter Road. Arthur Duncan made his debut for Thistle (I think). Score 0-1, Hibs never looked like scoring and as a result it's the only game I ever left early when Thistle scored.

Made worse by Eddie Turnbull's bar's windows being bricked with me and my consoling pint inside.
    Last edited by Liberal Hibby; 12-09-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I cannot remember the exact game but I have climbed over the wall to get OUT of ER.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Today wasn't the worst I had seen but there can't have been too many more - for people to imply that there have been games that make that one look good is rather insulting IMO.

Of all the ones mentioned here, I think the St. Johnstone 0-0 from last November was worse than yesterday.