hibs.net Messageboard

AEK Athens (Away + Away)

It doesn't seem like 10 years since our trips to Athens in 2001 for the AEK game.

I got a copy of the Frank Boyle Evening News cartoon from him a couple of weeks ago as it summed up the day we had in the City on the first trip.

Highlight was when a journalist from Radio Forth asked one of our group if he was gutted at traveling all this distance to find out the game was off - he replied "no - it would be worse being a Hearts supporter as they are in Dingwall tonight playing Ross County in the League Cup"

And they got beat !!

Top quality

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't seem like 10 years since our trips to Athens in 2001 for the AEK game.

I got a copy of the Frank Boyle Evening News cartoon from him a couple of weeks ago as it summed up the day we had in the City on the first trip.

Highlight was when a journalist from Radio Forth asked one of our group if he was gutted at traveling all this distance to find out the game was off - he replied "no - it would be worse being a Hearts supporter as they are in Dingwall tonight playing Ross County in the League Cup"

And they got beat !!

Top quality
    Certainly doesn't seem like 10 years. A great night was had in Athens but the flight on the way back was spoiled by quite a few erseholes trying to steal things off the trolley and smoking in their seats. I was hoping they'd get lifted at Edinburgh but they just breezed past security.