hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I don't think this protest will be successful as many fans think CC needs more time, and many more have ceased to care enough to be bothered to protest.

On the surface there is a lot to protest about:

-the lowest wins ratio by a Hibs manager in recent years

-a poor standard of football

-the resultant reduction of 40% in the number of season ticket holders in one year

Just think how much more he could achieve with more time.

But I think that protest is already being made by the thousands who haven't renewed their ST's.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surely the time to protest is immediately after a poor result. Doesn't make sense to organise this 2 weeks after the derby defeat and right before what might be a vital game. Surely makes sense to protest after the game, if we lose, whenother "fans" feelings are ruuning high and more might join in. Will "they" be protesting then go to the game to cheer on the team? What a fud!!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I know that Colin Calderwood is not popular at all with the media and Petrie has never been a media darling so this wouldn't be the wee rascals at the Sun trying to give this one persons idea some publicity in the hope it encourages more to turn out would it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Well you're at it lads, can you complain about my pie at the Berwick game being a wee bit burnt? ****** sake.

So some tube reckons we should protest against a manager who has literally just signed all the players he wants, is still out looking for more at the expense of our captain's testimonial, some of whom aren't 100% fit yet, 5 games into a new season, just after a transfer window's closed. Genius. Truly genius.

Presumably the numpty who decided to set this up is the kind of "Fan" who expects instant success on the park at all times, regardless.

saved me the effort typing..totally agree..except about burnt pies..i'm not stupid enough to pay for / risk eating them
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 08-09-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelled stupid wrongly :)

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I didn't even notice when I was typing that!!

I think if we're sat bottom of the league once the team's settled then a protest is fair enough, but the first/second league game after the transfer window has closed, when the players brought in haven't had a real chance to prove themselves to the fans, is very premature.
    Similar to last year. We'd just signed a number of players as well but ultimately the opening results as well as the run at the end of the previous year, added up.

The fans turned at the end of the St Mirren game and another bad result would see some fans action by way of chants or whatever I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I haven't read or heard anything about it either - would have thought it would have been fairly well discussed on here or on the bounce, though.

I'm not sure that a protest 5 games into the season is that well thought through though.
    Agreed. However, should we lose on Sunday I think the atmosphere will really change and become quite poisonous.

Not heard of this so called planned protest.

Hopefully though we win and I expect us to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by Skanko79 View Post
    I think this protest will be about as popular as Ian Murrays testimonial......
    Then that would though be a fair number protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It is being arranged through a Facebook page, I was invited but suspect I'll be in the pub demonstrating my drinking skills.
    I noticed it the other day too. I distinctly recall looking at how many had signed up to "attend" and it was just over a hundred

Hope they all chuck some change into the buckets for the Dnipro collection

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Personally don't believe there's much mileage in this. Surprised the Sun never visited .net to gauge support for this "protest".

Hopefully Mr Donald will be left looking foolish.

I'm seeing a Father Ted type protest. Two idiots chained to a railing chanting "Down with this sort of thing".

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Personally don't believe there's much mileage in this. Surprised the Sun never visited .net to gauge support for this "protest".

I spoke to Mr Petrie on Sunday, and he knows the feeling of the fans and the current disenchantment.....

FWIW I think the protest is pointless and silly, we have signed a number of new players, who will need time to get acclimatised to surroundings and gel into a team......

I also think we will beat the dons.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I spoke to Mr Petrie on Sunday, and he knows the feeling of the fans and the current disenchantment.....
    Frightfully yammish turn of phrase on the board this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I'm seeing a Father Ted type protest. Two idiots chained to a railing chanting "Down with this sort of thing".

I had a Facebook invite to this 'protest' as well but I can't see many turning up. I'm prepared to give Calderwood more time to allow his signings to settle in and see if it has any effect, though I think it's fair to say the clock is ticking.

Talk of getting shot of our manager, while Fat Jim knew and Jimmy Calderwood are jobless, is giving me a dose of the ****ters.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Talk of getting shot of our manager, while Fat Jim knew and Jimmy Calderwood are jobless, is giving me a dose of the ****ters.
    Jimmy calderwood would have got better results than we're getting just now, in fact looking at his track record there's no reason to believe he'd be anything but a success.

That said i'm still willing to give CC more time, i just get annoyed at Jimmy Calderwoods reputation when he's been more successfull than Levein was yet everybody sucked him off when he was manager of an extremely average dundee utd side.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Jimmy calderwood would have got better results than we're getting just now, in fact looking at his track record there's no reason to believe he'd be anything but a success.

That said i'm still willing to give CC more time, i just get annoyed at Jimmy Calderwoods reputation when he's been more successfull than Levein was yet everybody sucked him off when he was manager of an extremely average dundee utd side.
    Harry Potter became a bit of a folk hero when he was having a go at cheating referees and telling the SFA they were a bunch of winkers and where to stick their fines. I loved him for it.

I have to admit his change of employer has made him every bit as much of a winker as the rest of them.
    Space to let

Testimonial Due
    Protest? These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing to be talking about that 5 games into a season. Get a grip protest man, whatever his name is and lets get on with the season.

Does he really think protest before the game is going to help our manager, players and fans to get a result on Sunday.

I've also heard a rumour that a bunch of Hearts fans are aiming to joining the protest. Several had joined the 12thman Facebook that I'm a member of and been binned

Watch out for a bunch of protesters without Hibs colours, slinking off having a wee chuckle to themselves

Testimonial Due
    The protester is obviously a delusional fool. The Sun is an embarrassing rag for giving this 'story' any credibility. Can't see this protest adding up to more than a handful of spotty morons who don't get out of the house very often. Could be amusing to torment them for a while though so I may head over to ER a little bit earlier than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Protest? These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing to be talking about that 5 games into a season. Get a grip protest man, whatever his name is and lets get on with the season.

Does he really think protest before the game is going to help our manager, players and fans to get a result on Sunday.
    Sorry man but it's not just 5 games into the season. There has been no progress in Calderwood's 11 months. Even taking into account his new signings, there has been little progress regarding fitness, organisation and our general style of play.

It's sad but he isn't the man.

By the way, totally agree with 'These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing'.

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    I've also heard a rumour that a bunch of Hearts fans are aiming to joining the protest. Several had joined the 12thman Facebook that I'm a member of and been binned

Watch out for a bunch of protesters without Hibs colours, slinking off having a wee chuckle to themselves
    If you actually believe that you need to have a word to yourself. It's one thing to join afacebook group but there's no danger any of them would set foot anywhere near easter road in case they got outed.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Sorry man but it's not just 5 games into the season. There has been no progress in Calderwood's 11 months. Even taking into account his new signings, there has been little progress regarding fitness, organisation and our general style of play.

It's sad but he isn't the man.

By the way, totally agree with 'These folk want to have a word with themselves, nothing short of embarrassing'.
    I hope them and any hertz f£nnies that turn up get laughed out of town. The hertz fans should be easily spotted with the common "jambo face" they all seem to have.

Calderwood took over and played a few games with the same players Yogi had, from memory (October, November and January - maybe 10 games), he was not there to turn water into wine - i am discounting those games in terms of any stats used against him.

He made a few signings close to the end of the jan window, so I am not judging his team until Feb - i.e. results from October, November, December and January. We went on a run, got rid of all the relegation threads on here, and concerns generally. We got ourselves safe and last seasons ends there for me.

Since then we had added extensively to the team, with two/three of the key players positions (right back) coming in last week. We have thrown away points so far this season, especially against St Mirren, that is not down to him it is about players not performing.

Tomorrow is a big game, the team has had a break and players have had time to get used to playing along side each other, I think we need to win this weekend, but I will not be throwing the baby out of the bathwater and looking for a new manager if we do not. Our managerial merry go round is moving far to fast and it is making us a laughing stock, no manager can bring in as many new players and get them working together this quickly.

If CC inherited a good team that were not peforming under the last manager and those were the results then fair enough I would agree he is not good enough, but the fact that he has had to do so much cannot and will not happen overnight.

He gets my backing until Hibs decide otherwise.

As long as Easter Road is more than half empty, supporters email Fife Hyland and give Scott Lindsay grief, Hibs know how people feel. Doesn't need some nonsense protest to make them aware. These YouTube interviews aren't just for fun to a happy content supporter base...

If I take part will I get to wear a Russian hat?

First Team Breakthrough woodyloon's Avatar
    Regardless how small or large any planned protest will be,the true state of things is a protest has started many months ago. You only have to look at attendances.

IMO fans started to get a bad feeling about how things were progressing when we went into the lower half of the split and were pretty much outplayed in every game.

Then the total sham of what CC wanted do during the pre season, which stopped any chance of progression when the man in given the responsibilty gave the impression that he wanted to be elsewhere,yes he has since confirmed he was now only focused on Hibs, but it took him long enough, and who's to say that he was not ordered to come out with some sort of statement to try and get the fans onside.

Then look at the way we have started the season and the worrying things is we are still are so easy done over, we might get the odd success during the season but wether it's enough I'm not sure. CC is still claiming that our players are finding there fitness, what did the other teams do, start their pre season 2 to 3 weeks before Hibs.

The most frightening things is that the last time we got relegated we were not the worse team in the league and we were competitive in the games, yes we shot ourself in the foot many times with late goals, keeper selling the shirt but we had a bit of backbone, the team looked like they cared and I believe this was the main reason we came straight back up, if we went down this year I'm not sure how confident I would be of a straight return.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Calderwood took over and played a few games with the same players Yogi had, from memory (October, November and January - maybe 10 games), he was not there to turn water into wine - i am discounting those games in terms of any stats used against him.

He made a few signings close to the end of the jan window, so I am not judging his team until Feb - i.e. results from October, November, December and January. We went on a run, got rid of all the relegation threads on here, and concerns generally. We got ourselves safe and last seasons ends there for me.

Since then we had added extensively to the team, with two/three of the key players positions (right back) coming in last week. We have thrown away points so far this season, especially against St Mirren, that is not down to him it is about players not performing.

Tomorrow is a big game, the team has had a break and players have had time to get used to playing along side each other, I think we need to win this weekend, but I will not be throwing the baby out of the bathwater and looking for a new manager if we do not. Our managerial merry go round is moving far to fast and it is making us a laughing stock, no manager can bring in as many new players and get them working together this quickly.

If CC inherited a good team that were not peforming under the last manager and those were the results then fair enough I would agree he is not good enough, but the fact that he has had to do so much cannot and will not happen overnight.

He gets my backing until Hibs decide otherwise.
    I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings, but allowing for the first FIFTEEN games that he managed us for that you are writing off completely, why did the season end there for you exactly? There were 8 games to go and we still had plenty to play for.

So last season finished early and this one hasn't started yet - so what you are saying is that the only games that count for you are the five wins in a row in February and the other two that we remained unbeaten for, therefore dismissing every single one of his 22 defeats. Convenient, to say the least - and you are accusing people of using stats AGAINST Calderwood?

You say that we have thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren - ignoring the fact that 'throwing points away' equates to just another bad defeat, where else have we thrown points away? The only other time that we were in a winning position was for the remaining seconds of the ICT game.

And finally, you only wanted to judge Calderwood once he got his own players in, and now we are still losing, it is down to the players not performing? Players he signed. So how come he deserves credit for when we won and the players were performing, but is not deserving of blame when we lose? What exactly makes a manager culpable in your eyes? For me it's a team continually performing poorly and delivering shocking results. That's why Yogi had to go - the players were underperforming during his final months too. Or were they just crap? Or does the argument change to suit the intended target?

Your last statement is admirable, and I'll never knock you for that - but what goes before it is just flimsy excuse making. Of course it's not beyond the realms of possibility that CC could dramatically turn us around - I just don't understand how people can argue that after 38 games, Hibs getting worse and worse is part of the process that will lead to us getting better. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 08-09-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Lose to Aberdeen on Sunday and the protests might gather momentum. Need a win big time.
    When was the last time we beat Aberdeen at home?

Folk on here should stop thinking that there aren't other bona fide Hibs fans elsewhere who might have a different PoV

The overwhelming point of view on here is that Caldo should be given 'more time', and whilst that's true, there will, inevitably, come a time when - if results don't improve - and we've seen no improvement whatsoever yet, more people will begin to agree with this guy who wants to protest.

We're bottom of the league, playing honking football - other teams without training centres and completed stadiums have managed to sign players, get them to 'gel' and win football matches, and even the odd admirer of the way they play. We're still waiting. Hopefully that will all begin to change on Sunday.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I don't subscribe to the opinion that managers can ONLY be judged on teams that they manage that are predominantly made up of their own signings, but allowing for the first FIFTEEN games that he managed us for that you are writing off completely, why did the season end there for you exactly? There were 8 games to go and we still had plenty to play for.

Where did is say he could "only" be judged on his own signings? You have missed the point, if you expected him to come in and get his magic wand out you were kidding yourself. In those games he was losing with a team that was losing week in week out, if you think getting a new manager changes that then you are miles off the truth.

So last season finished early and this one hasn't started yet - so what you are saying is that the only games that count for you are the five wins in a row in February and the other two that we remained unbeaten for, therefore dismissing every single one of his 22 defeats. Convenient, to say the least - and you are accusing people of using stats AGAINST Calderwood?

Again I stated that the 5 games served a purpose, eradicating something we were all concerned about i.e. relegation. I did not say this season has not started yet, did I? On the last bit surely I am just using my own stat in my own way same as you are.

You say that we have thrown points away, especially against St. Mirren - ignoring the fact that 'throwing points away' equates to just another bad defeat, where else have we thrown points away? The only other time that we were in a winning position was for the remaining seconds of the ICT game.

I dont agree that throwing points away quates to another bad defeat. Throwing points away IMO is when you have a winning position and make two stupid mistakes in the space of 5 mins, and I mean stupid mistakes.

And finally, you only wanted to judge Calderwood once he got his own players in, and now we are still losing, it is down to the players not performing? Players he signed. So how come he deserves credit for when we won and the players were performing, but is not deserving of blame when we lose? What exactly makes a manager culpable in your eyes? For me it's a team continually performing poorly and delivering shocking results. That's why Yogi had to go - the players were underperforming during his final months too. Or were they just crap? Or does the argument change to suit the intended target?

The key underperformer is booth, did Calderwood sign booth? Or is it sections of the fans that had him as the best player in the league off the back of three games? Where did I say he deserves credit? He deserves time to get the team of players playing together, the most recent a right back, which we were screaming for, so essentially he is damed if he does and damed if he does not. We could just as quickly have a go at the signings for not coming sooner, the board for not getting them here sooner or the season for starting earlier. How many other teams have had to change as many players as us?

Re players under yogi being crap I think you are being a little stupid, that was a more than generally opinion and the reason we got rid of them!

Your last statement is admirable, and I'll never knock you for that - but what goes before it is just flimsy excuse making. Of course it's not beyond the realms of possibility that CC could dramatically turn us around - I just don't understand how people can argue that after 38 games, Hibs getting worse and worse is part of the process that will lead to us getting better. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Re the flimsy excuse I dont see how anything that you have written actually relates to what I posted, and to that end I have asked a series of question to you in order that you can attempt to show me where I have stated these things. If not you have used my post to have a pointless and inaccurate rant about....nothing.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

sunday demonstration :S

according to this shocking excuse for a newspaper.
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...nd-Petrie.html

there's going to be a demonstration against Calderwood and Petrie on Sunday !!!

Why do this now ! I personally believe that this month will be Calderwood's of trail because.
    • The squad is now complete and are his own players that he has chosen to bring to the club. If they fail now its on his head.
    • This months games in the league, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Dundee utd and St johnstone. These are all winable game. With a full squad we should take a good amount of points from them. Thus putting us higher up the league, If Calderwood was to fail at the end of these game then protest not now when this important series of game are upon us, when we need to stick together.

Reasons for were we are, But also to give Calderwood this month to take this club were it belongs.
    • The vast majority of the squad is now available to play. Any team would struggle with only one fit first team striker, give rangers only lafferty or celtic only Samaras would they have a great start to the season ? No they would struggle as any team would.
    • we have one game in hand if we were to win that game then we would be joint 7th in the league. A much nicer picture, still not great but still a improvement as pressure taken off.
    • The stay or go fiasco at the start of this season. The club never comments until a transfer or deal is complete. I'm not sure how much he was even allowed to actually say.

Now I think i'm going to get slated for this post.

BUT come on people give the whole team your support and let all move forward together. Then when the time is right we can take action as fans but this is not that time !

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I had to read that 2 or 3 times.
    Same. I thought he had just repeated the same word thrice.