hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Have they announced the crowd yesterday?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they announced the crowd yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Cheers pal.

Best part of the day was when a Hibs fan said ''You don't look very pleased John'' to Hughes when has was signing autographs and Yogi replied with ''you's weren't happy when you were 4th were you''

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Best part of the day was when a Hibs fan said ''You don't look very pleased John'' to Hughes when has was signing autographs and Yogi replied with ''you's weren't happy when you were 4th were you''

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm late to this particular party but I find it ironic that someone who represents a relatively tiny group of supporters (ie the singing section / 12th Man) would dismiss a group of supporters at least 20 times larger and one that they contribute to, on average, about three times a day anyway.
    OK Beefster - hopefully I've now apologised and admitted I wasn't having a pop at my fellow Hibbies.

However please don't confuse someone being a Hibs12thMan activist with the Singing Section or 12thMan.

I don't represent H12M although I am an activist. There are about ten who organise and a couple of dozen others who help with Green Day, Turnbull Flag, 100Flag displays, balloons, marches, singing sections at The Pink Bus Shelter, Songs, SRTRC and other stuff. 50 other supporters recently donated to and raised £500 for storage for flags. There's a few hundred in the Singing Section, dependent on the match and 2,000 supporters of the initiative on Facebook. And at Easter Road on matchday all but the away support are the 12thMan - say 10,000?.

Not so tiny a group

Hope some replied by saying....no John we weren't happy with the 35% win record you mustered up, 4th was previous season, you have to move on and stop living in the past John like you did in the last remaining weeks of your stay and now nearly a year later you are still going on about it!!!!!

Bitter and twisted folk ken whit's goan oan.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Hope some replied by saying....no John we weren't happy with the 35% win record you mustered up, 4th was previous season, you have to move on and stop living in the past John like you did in the last remaining weeks of your stay and now nearly a year later you are still going on about it!!!!!
    Did no one ask him what he's doing now?

I never attended because of two reasons;

1) Ian Murray doesnt need my money. The guy has had a (very) generously paid job over the last ten years. While it is true that most footballers have a short lifespan in the game I cant see any reason why he cant get a job after his time as a footballer ends. Ian isnt some part-timer who has scraped by the last few years.

2) Testimonals should be left until a club legend actually leaves the club. Murray should have a number of good years left at ER, why pay homage to his years of service now? The ten years tradition is one that should be left behind.

Wait until the boy is on the verge of retirement, have him nominate a charity and then we can pay service to a local lad who played for his team until the end of his carrer.

That's actually quite funny...

He looked like he was enjoying himself yesterday.

But what a disaster you were Yogi as manager...

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    he should never had a testimonial he deserted us at his peak and probably earned more in a month when ther than he did from yesterdays farce.
    None of my fellow pals who go to the games went and no shame felt here as its most likely his last season anyway and his recent form is

Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    he should never had a testimonial he deserted us at his peak and probably earned more in a month when ther than he did from yesterdays farce.
    None of my fellow pals who go to the games went and no shame felt here as its most likely his last season anyway and his recent form is
    That "farce" was the most enjoyable afternoon at Easter road for years.

Put together by a player who really understands the club.

Hope you enjoyed the day Ian.

Nothing whatsoever farcical about yesterday. I've yet to hear anyone who was there give anything but praise for the days events.

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Did no one ask him what he's doing now?
    He's maybe down Easter Road way on match days watching the improvements in management, players, results, league position, thinking "So that's how you do it!"...

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I never attended because of two reasons;

1) Ian Murray doesnt need my money. The guy has had a (very) generously paid job over the last ten years. While it is true that most footballers have a short lifespan in the game I cant see any reason why he cant get a job after his time as a footballer ends. Ian isnt some part-timer who has scraped by the last few years.

2) Testimonals should be left until a club legend actually leaves the club. Murray should have a number of good years left at ER, why pay homage to his years of service now? The ten years tradition is one that should be left behind.

Wait until the boy is on the verge of retirement, have him nominate a charity and then we can pay service to a local lad who played for his team until the end of his carrer.
    This was your chance to pay service, this will be his last season playing at Easter Road.

He did nominate a charity.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    He's maybe down Easter Road way on match days watching the improvements in management, players, results, league position, thinking "So that's how you do it!"...

Theres his mistake right there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    As stated earlier, I wasn't there, mainly because it is a helluva long way to fly and my company would not give me the time off. However had I been at home I would have gone. NOt for the sake of Ian Murray but for purely selfish little old my sake. Just to see these guys playing one more time.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    Nothing whatsoever farcical about yesterday. I've yet to hear anyone who was there give anything but praise for the days events.
    Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.

The other 40k proper fans see through him

@hibs.net private member
    Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.

Ooooh will you hark at Mr Uber-Fan himself

I wasn't at the game on Sunday - chose to watch the serious stuff the night before (just like watching the Hibs at the mo anyway) and allocate the sunday to some much needed family time.

Would have very much liked to have gone though - sounded like a great day out and heaps entertaining - which totally scuppers the spurious kak spouted above BTW - unless of course I'm not one of the "40K proper fans"

"Mr Rangers"? Deary me...

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    "Mr Rangers"? Deary me...
    I don't think he was being serious......more of a fishing expedition there. I hope.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Unbelievable!!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Fair enough if you attended i and every One of my Hibby fellow Supporters did not attend for the same reasons Mr Rangers can sit with his 2700 and odd pals and enjoy the day.The other 40k proper fans see through him
    What a dick. The same I can't say about Mr Murray, whith whom I was in the company of on Sunday for the first time. A fantastic chap, a credit to the club and just a genuinely pleasant and humble guy.

Testimonial Due

Testimonial Due

Get a life. I would have no doubt in the world that Murray is a bigger and better hibs fan than you could ever hope to be....which is not saying much given that I suspect you are a yam at the wind up.