hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the guys organising the testimonial had bothered to answer the repeated questions about the contribution to charity, there would gave been, at least, four more supporters attending. I can't imagine that we were the only ones who didn't go as a result of the stonewalling that went on.
    100% Beefster. I have no problem with testimonials for players with unbroken service or retiring early through injury but Ian has or is doing neither. Added to three? paydays when signing on and wages I reckon I need the £15 more than him. If a charity percentage had been stated I might have gone along but it wasn't and I didnt.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jakki View Post
    A great day out for the family, pity it was spoiled by a drunk. But thats another story.
    What happened, don't think we've heard about this before?

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    What happened, don't think we've heard about this before?
    I saw someone being taken away by police before i went into the ground.not sure if same person. He looked about 60 odd

Really enjoyed Today, some great football played, some great goals, all in a friendly spirit.......

To the OP I have never been "ashamed" to be a Hibs fan in my life, EVER......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    For what it's worth I took the boys along today and for those of you didn't attend you missed some great stuff.

I wouldn't judge anybody who didn't go today as I wouldn't for any other but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Brewster, Collins & Latapy were superb.

Viera was just oozing class and GOC was excellent.

Also, fair play to Yogi & JC coming back after things turned sour for them both and I really hope Ian Murray enjoyed himself today, although your penalty miss was honking

A wee bit break from the norm and quite encouraged by one or two players, some of the youngsters in particular.

Finally guys like Boozy, Kano, McManus, Lennon, Jackson etc were having a grand time of it and it felt today we're still a popular club for may former players.

Didn't see CC to be fair, and let's hope he was here because that's the kind of PR stuff he needs to be working on in my opinion.

Have a good night Ian and well done to you and all your family.
    Myself, my 3 sons, my 3 brothers and mate enjoyed it thoroughly.

"Haters gonna hate" as I believe the young 'uns say.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment on offer! I was initially opposed to attending due to the money not going completely to charity. However I decided that I never really consider where or who the money goes to when I go out elsewhere at the weekend so the only decision to make was whether or not I considered the occasion to be worth paying to see ................I did, it was and I have no regrets. The only thing I thought could have been done better was that Ian Murray should have took the microphone at the end of the game and thanked all for their attendance.

A great day though

@hibs.net private member
    Well Scott and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Couldnt care less where the money was going. we saw some great hibs legends and couple of non hibs legends playing and thoroughly enjoying it. It was fab to welcome back the likes of Fletch, Deano and Boozy. Grant Stotts intermittant commentary fair made me giggle.

Really glad we went along

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Really enjoyed Today, some great football played, some great goals, all in a friendly spirit.......

To the OP I have never been "ashamed" to be a Hibs fan in my life, EVER......
    I agree. The best entertainment at ER in a long while

Would like to point out that Ian Murray who in my opinion didn't deserve a testimonial for leaving the club, at the full time whistle after the presentations. Applauded the fans for about 20 seconds, didnt address the crowd and was first off the pitch. Once again showing all the qualities that made him leave and didn't deserve a test.....but I still wnet despite all that.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Merits of the occasion aside I really enjoyed it. It was brillaint to see a lot of the older guys doing the stuff and give them a good reception themselves. The game itself was entertaining and the crowd in very good spirits. Good to see the club means a lot to many of our former players.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Merits of the occasion aside I really enjoyed it. It was brillaint to see a lot of the older guys doing the stuff and give them a good reception themselves. The game itself was entertaining and the crowd in very good spirits. Good to see the club means a lot to many of our former players.
    spot on
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

So what was the attendance then?
    Feel sorry for him if it was really paltry, but couldn't justify going though to be honest.
    Lovely day & better things to do is the truth.

I can understand people staying away because he left, went to the huns and give hibs fans the vickies..

BUT...

To not want to pay £15 to see the old hibs players we all loved, Latapy and Collins in particular, is frankly scandalous....

I paid more than £15, saw about 60% of the game and even i though it was worth the cash...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    For what it's worth I took the boys along today and for those of you didn't attend you missed some great stuff.

I wouldn't judge anybody who didn't go today as I wouldn't for any other but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Brewster, Collins & Latapy were superb.

Viera was just oozing class and GOC was excellent.

Also, fair play to Yogi & JC coming back after things turned sour for them both and I really hope Ian Murray enjoyed himself today, although your penalty miss was honking

A wee bit break from the norm and quite encouraged by one or two players, some of the youngsters in particular.

Finally guys like Boozy, Kano, McManus, Lennon, Jackson etc were having a grand time of it and it felt today we're still a popular club for may former players.

Didn't see CC to be fair, and let's hope he was here because that's the kind of PR stuff he needs to be working on in my opinion.

Have a good night Ian and well done to you and all your family.
    Says it all for me

Edit: Some real vitriol here and that's a shame IMO. Yes Murray gave Hibs fans the 'vickies' as a reaction to the horrendous abuse being hurled at him. He's human - get over it
    Last edited by Jonnyboy; 04-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Sun shining. Pitch full of legends and hardly any one here for our captain. I'm ashamed to be a hibby today.
    you were there that's all you need tae woory about. I've made my feelings on testimonials perfectly clear before and I'm certainly no ashamed that I wouldnae have been there even if I could actually have made it. I hope those that were there enjoyed their day and I hope Ian enjoyed it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Says it all for me

Edit: Some real vitriol here and that's a shame IMO. Yes Murray gave Hibs fans the 'vickies' as a reaction to the horrendous abuse being hurled at him. He's human - get over it
    steady on johnny, hardly vitriol in my post. i was at the game remember...

football fans have short memories, hence why most of them stayed away, but my post is the least of the ones that should be worrying you.

and yes, i am over it... couldn't really care about it to be honest, hence why i was there contributing to the testimonial...

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    steady on johnny, hardly vitriol in my post. i was at the game remember...

football fans have short memories, hence why most of them stayed away, but my post is the least of the ones that should be worrying you.

and yes, i am over it... couldn't really care about it to be honest, hence why i was there contributing to the testimonial...
    Wasn't aiming at you mate Plenty of others willing to hurl abuse though
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    you were there that's all you need tae woory about. I've made my feelings on testimonials perfectly clear before and I'm certainly no ashamed that I wouldnae have been there even if I could actually have made it. I hope those that were there enjoyed their day and I hope Ian enjoyed it too.
    In hindsight I should have said I felt embarrassed and not ashamed, ashamed was a bit strong.

I lot of aggresive stuff on here I dont agree with, but like a few have said its about opinions. Mine is that passing up the chance to see pretty much every Hibs player who has mattered over the last 20 years (less Le God) playing one last match for us, seeing Viera and Pires and giving some cash for charity is crazy - Just because you dont like the idea of giving it up for a local Hibs lad who gives his all for us and is likely to have a pretty short career. Because he didnt do 10 consecutives? Or he played for the huns once?

Anyway, I would just have loved for these past legends and guests to see our club in a really positive light rather than an empty stadium. Only my opinion of course, I dont want to argue and at the end of the day I had my best afternoon at ER for years.

Well done to Hibs and the testimonial committee for a fantastic afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Wasn't aiming at you mate Plenty of others willing to hurl abuse though
    yup, and they are out of order...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    True that, but I can't help how I feel about Latapy. Like the other players mentioned, he's the type you pay to see, warts and all.

He made a big mistake but that doesn't outweigh all the good he did during his spell here, and it would be flagrant history revision to suggest otherwise.
    I wisnae going until I heard Collins and Latapy were gracing the ER pitch together

And it was a joyous day

It was a great day, enjoyed by every Hibby there. A real Hibs Family day in all senses of the world

We really need to remember this is only an internet messageboard for folk who prefer a conversation with a keyboard.
    The views on here do not now and never will represent the ordinary Hibs Supporter

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    It was a great day, enjoyed by every Hibby there. A real Hibs Family day in all senses of the world

We really need to remember this is only an internet messageboard for folk who prefer a conversation with a keyboard.
    The views on here do not now and never will represent the ordinary Hibs Supporter
    Amen to that and hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post

Post of the year!

First Team Breakthrough Tony1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Ashamed to be a hibby? I think many object to the granting of a testimonial for someone who ****ed off to the huns on a bosman and probaby made a decent wad there and who probably still earns more than most fans. Ashamed to be a hibby? Never. Ashamed of the current state of my club? Very much so.
    That's why I was not there

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I swithered about going but I'm glad I did, I enjoyed it.

The thing that made me swither was that I wasn't convinced he was entitled to one.

Stanton, Duncan, McNamara, Rae, Sneddon and Hunter all IMO were entitled to one as their service was unbroken.

Murray left us under freedom of contract, we got nothing and he gave us the vickies at Ibrox. At that time he was as unpopular as Kevin Thomson was / is.

However I decided I would support it and I'm glad I did, however I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't go as a matter of principle.
    I agree it was a good day but while there are those that slate Murray for leaving to go to the OF yet there are threads here extolling the virtues of Collins and Latapy who did the same.

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Ashamed to be a hibby? I think many object to the granting of a testimonial for someone who ****ed off to the huns on a bosman and probaby made a decent wad there and who probably still earns more than most fans. Ashamed to be a hibby? Never. Ashamed of the current state of my club? Very much so.
    at last we get the truth here here to Mr Turncoat but i am back now the man disguits me

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    I agree it was a good day but while there are those that slate Murray for leaving to go to the OF yet there are threads here extolling the virtues of Collins and Latapy who did the same.
    Yes, and they never got a testimonial

Even then the comparison fails when you consider than Collins left when he was ready for a good fee and on good terms. He also won a cup as manager

Latapy's departure may have happened in acrimonious fashion, but he was a special player. A calibre of which is rarely seen around Easter Road these days.
    Last edited by shamo9; 04-09-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Yes, and they never got a testimonial

Even then the comparison fails when you consider than Collins left when he was ready for a good fee and on good terms. He also won a cup as manager

Latapy's departure may have happened in acrimonious fashion, but he was a special player. A calibre of which is rarely seen around Easter Road these days.
    Collins move to Celtic was pre Bosman or do you think he would have given us a second thought? He didnt give Celtic a thought when he moved to Monaco, post Bosman, and he has always been a big Celtic fan.

I do not doubt that Latapy was a "special" player for Hibs but does that make it ok for him to move to Rangers but Murray, like Riordan and Thomson, who has supported Hibs all his life, moves west and the reason given by many not to go to his match is that he went to the huns?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Collins move to Celtic was pre Bosman or do you think he would have given us a second thought? He didnt give Celtic a thought when he moved to Monaco, post Bosman, and he has always been a big Celtic fan.

I do not doubt that Latapy was a "special" player for Hibs but does that make it ok for him to move to Rangers but Murray, like Riordan and Thomson, who has supported Hibs all his life, moves west and the reason given by many not to go to his match is that he went to the huns?
    I don't think it's fair to assume that Collins would do that, we got a million for him and that's that for me.

I'm sure the people that didn't go (not me I might add) would be equally bemused if Collins or Latapy got a testimonial. They stick to the traditionalist view that you need 10 years straight to deserve it. That's their argument and they are entitled to it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't think it's fair to assume that Collins would do that, we got a million for him and that's that for me.

I'm sure the people that didn't go (not me I might add) would be equally bemused if Collins or Latapy got a testimonial. They stick to the traditionalist view that you need 10 years straight to deserve it. That's their argument and they are entitled to it.
    Yip collins or Latapy or even Riordan or even O'Conner should he stay with us for another 5 years, none of those imo should get a testimonial.