hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox

Scott Brown today...

I was actually at the game & you may not have seen it on the telly but Scott Brown was absolutely superb in the 2nd half.
    He had a so-so 1st half, he gave away a silly yellow which makes him out of the Lithuania game.
    But he chased every ball and won the ball back on a couple of occassions.
    All in all, I thought Scotland played ok but had the referee not given two bad pen decisions, we would've won the match.
    Now, TBH...Were out, we have to win our next 3 games of which 1 is away to Spain.
    Ah well, World Cup qualifiers next year...

We'll be coming!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 500 miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was actually at the game & you may not have seen it on the telly but Scott Brown was absolutely superb in the 2nd half.He had a so-so 1st half, he gave away a silly yellow which makes him out of the Lithuania game.But he chased every ball and won the ball back on a couple of occassions.All in all, I thought Scotland played ok but had the referee not given two bad pen decisions, we would've won the match.Now, TBH...Were out, we have to win our next 3 games of which 1 is away to Spain.Ah well, World Cup qualifiers next year...We'll be coming!!!
    Totally agree, he turned it round second half. Shame his main out ball was Naismith, who had a shocker.

Agreed, I was also there.
    A reminder that he is a good football player, unlike Naysmith who was yet again horrific in a Scotland shirt, every move broke down when he got on the ball.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    yeh it was almost the brown that we used to see week in week out, ive not scene him play like that in a long time, probably the hibs st j game at the pbs

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    yeh it was almost the brown that we used to see week in week out, ive not scene him play like that in a long time, probably the hibs st j game at the pbs
    He played a bit further forward inthe 2nd half where he is more effective. I don't see why some Managers play him as a holding midfielder?

Today was the SB we used to watch with Hibs. Great game today. Just a pity he had so much ****** around him.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    It was a shocker of a tackle for his booking it has to be said.

scott brown was class in the 2nd half. also thought fletcher had a better game than usual in a scotland shirt.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    He must be a Transformer, cos when I watched the 1st half, he was ****in honkin (Only watched the 1st)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    He must be a Transformer, cos when I watched the 1st half, he was ****in honkin (Only watched the 1st)
    i thought he put himself on a tightrope (could have been a straight red) and it affected him for the rest of the game.i thought he was just ok but gave them far to much room and even gave the ball away for their first with an unecessary turn with an easy pass on inside.opinions ! i also thought adam was very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    i thought he put himself on a tightrope (could have been a straight red) and it affected him for the rest of the game.i thought he was just ok but gave them far to much room and even gave the ball away for their first with an unecessary turn with an easy pass on inside.opinions ! i also thought adam was very poor.
    Wow. I thought Adam Fletcher and Brown were all excellent in the second half. Opinions, eh, as we like to say.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Wow. I thought Adam Fletcher and Brown were all excellent in the second half. Opinions, eh, as we like to say.
    agree about fletcher but felt the rest did little to stem the tide of mostly one way traffic,even fletch got robbed on the edge of his own box before the dive.maybe being too harsh but nobody got close enough to rosicky all game.