hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a big Scotland fan but FFS it was like watching Hibs. Loads of missed placed passes, poor decisons by the manager and ref giving us nowt.
    Exactly what I though too Panic at the back, can't do the simple things and struggling with fitness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Scotland were letting them come at us, shouldn't have allowed their players into the box at that stage

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.626135,0.041652

Left by mutual consent!
    Highlights for those that did not see the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14757862.stm

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Potter saying that Bardsley picked up an injury in the game, my beef is why is Wilson anywhere near the Scotland set up, the lad has only played a handful of games for Rangers and Liverpool but yet Potter thinks this lad is ready to play in the first team for Scotland, he may be a promising young lad and that is why Liverpool signed him but he should be learning his international trade with the under 21s at his age and not in the Scotland first team.

Posted missing for the first and out of position for the penalty challenge. The guys not a left back.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berra flies through the air like a brown trout! comedy gold as he embellishes what could have been a pen.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Yeah, my bad, the other way around!

But I stand by my point, just because the Czech pen shouldnt be a pen doesnt mean that we deserve a soft one too. One bad decision doenst mean another should be given to even things out. In fact the Berra "pen" has nothing to do with the Czech penalty, it shouldn't even be considered. The ref was terrible the whole game, but he totally made the right call on Berra.
    No way easty , he made wrong calls on both,wilson never touched the guy but still shouldnt have lunged in as mcgregor was getting the ball and berra was clipped but went down like he had been shot !

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=brog;2906860]I'm with you on this. I actually thought there was the tiniest contact for their pen, tho the guy then undoubtedly threw himself. Watch Wilson's reaction, he pretty much accepts the decision. Regardless, we deserved nothing from the game & if Berra's was a pen then their 1st half one was a stonewaller.

To reinforce this I saw the interview with Darren F who said " Danny said the guy made a meal of it " which indicates to me that Wilson knew he'd made some contact. Regardless, a point was the absolute max we deserved.
    Separately, I thought Vlad Smicer's interview was refreshingly honest re both penalties & he didn't even mention the one they were denied. Contrast his behaviour with HP's girning.

Abysmal refereeing, overall a fairly poor performance with a number of passengers in the team - Naismith for one is really not up to scratch at international level. Does he even do that well for Rangers? Plenty has been said about Wilson, and I'm not even sure I know who the **** Don Cowie is?

At times we were playing SO deep it was unbelievable. Negative goat Levein. About the best we can now hope for is to lose the rest of the games so that the unshaven Hertz prick will get the bullet!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    So a result in Spain now becomes a must......

Providing we win on Tuesday against Lithuania then we will be on 8 points having played 6 games, 2 points behind the Czech's who are now on 10 points having played six games. From here, Czech's next game is Spain who should beat them, ours is Leichtenstein, who it should predicted we beat. That would leave us going into the last game v Spain on 11 points, with the Czech's on 10 heading into their final match v Lithuania.

However, if the Czech's beat Lithuania which you would suspect they would do, it will mean that they would be on 13 points, meaning we would have to win in Spain to get second place. A draw for the Czech's presuming we lose in Spain would see us on level points, then i presume it comes down to goal difference?? Coming down to the last game we have to equal or better the Czech's result or we are out. I think thats it

KEEP THE FAITH.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Blog Entries
    On a different point WHY are we the only European nation that chooses to play our qualifiers on a Saturday at 3pm instead of a Friday evening?

A packed house at Hampden on an evening kick off is a much more intimidating place to come IMO.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    On a different point WHY are we the only European nation that chooses to play our qualifiers on a Saturday at 3pm instead of a Friday evening?

A packed house at Hampden on an evening kick off is a much more intimidating place to come IMO.
    Because Strathclyde police moved it to a Saturday

@hibs.net private member
    I notice Levein lays "blame squarely on the shoulders of the referee" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14777083.stm) and Fletcher joins him in this and according to Wilson the player himself admitted there was no contact.

My point being that while the ref made the wrong decision in this instance and is receiving criticism, rightly, from Potter and others why has Potter, or anyone else, not pointed the finger at the player who cheated? The ref will probably be asked to explain himself and may even be removed from front line games for a while but the player himself will get a pat on the back from his team and the Scots wont criticise him openly, other than point out that it was a dive because they wont want to criticise a fellow pro , therefore their ire will be directed at the ref who has been conned. There will be no repercussions for the cheat or the team who benefited from the dishonesty.

The reason for this is that we would do it ourselves and we would take it if we got away with it but I fail to see that there is a huge difference between gaining an advantage through obvious fraud on the pitch or by fielding unregistered players.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

A post on here COMPLAINING about a 3pm Saturday KO! Now that's a novelty

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Where was Lee Wallace???

Instead we play a right back at left back and when he goes off injured our only option is an over rated centre half who has played about 5 minutes for Liverpool?

If you look at both goals Wilson is not close enough to the striker who puts the ball across the goal for the first and for the second gives away the penalty albeit unlucky.

Potter has to take a lot of the blame for this campaign however it appears he intends to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Hertz dickhead that he is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    A post on here COMPLAINING about a 3pm Saturday KO! Now that's a novelty
    True

Mind you if you are talking tradition International qualifiers were always midweek evening games were they not?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Where was Lee Wallace???

Instead we play a right back at left back and when he goes off injured our only option is an over rated centre half who has played about 5 minutes for Liverpool?

If you look at both goals Wilson is not close enough to the striker who puts the ball across the goal for the first and for the second gives away the penalty albeit unlucky.

Potter has to take a lot of the blame for this campaign however it appears he intends to blame everyone else for his mistakes. Hertz dickhead that he is.
    Injured

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    So a result in Spain now becomes a must......

Providing we win on Tuesday against Lithuania then we will be on 8 points having played 6 games, 2 points behind the Czech's who are now on 10 points having played six games. From here, Czech's next game is Spain who should beat them, ours is Leichtenstein, who it should predicted we beat. That would leave us going into the last game v Spain on 11 points, with the Czech's on 10 heading into their final match v Lithuania.

However, if the Czech's beat Lithuania which you would suspect they would do, it will mean that they would be on 13 points, meaning we would have to win in Spain to get second place. A draw for the Czech's presuming we lose in Spain would see us on level points, then i presume it comes down to goal difference?? Coming down to the last game we have to equal or better the Czech's result or we are out. I think thats it

KEEP THE FAITH.
    Yes, I thought head-head might've come into it but it doesn't.
    If points are equal it goes to best overall goal difference, if thats equal then most goals scored, if they are equal then its most goals scored away from home, if they are equal it goes to fair play (the least disciplinary points from qualification goes through) and if all that is equal then they will draw lots.
    Got this from UEFA's website

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    If points are equal it goes to best overall goal difference, if thats equal then most goals scored, if they are equal then its most goals scored away from home, if they are equal it goes to fair play (the least disciplinary points from qualification goes through) and if all that is equal then they will draw lots.
    My reading of UEFA's website rules is that the head to head is the first decider. Article 7.04 a) applies.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    My reading of UEFA's website rules is that the head to head is the first decider. Article 7.04 a) applies.
    If two (or more) teams are on the same number of points, the head-to-head record between those nations comes first in deciding group placings. Considering that the Czech Republic have 4 points from the two games and Scotland have 1 point, Scotland must get more points than the Czechs, in order to finish above them.

If the Czechs get no points from their last two matches, six points from our last three matches will do it.
    If the Czechs get one point from their last two matches, we'll need a draw in Spain to finish above them, assuming we beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein.
    If the Czechs get two or three points from their last two matches, we'll need to win all of our remaining matches to finish above them.
    If the Czechs get any more than three points from their last two matches, we cannot finish in second spot in the group.

I really do think it is about time we started using playback technology and a video ref for professional club and national games.

As a nation I think we all realise that we aren't brilliant - just managing to scrape through most games - and as such, these poor decisions really do hurt our chances of qualifying.

Between the dodgy decisions on Saturday, the Mikoliunas dive and that freekick that Italy were awarded a few years back, overcoming the referee in our current and past qualifying campaigns has been as much of a challenge as beating our opponents.

I'm in no way suggesting that there is some kind of vendetta against Scotland, its just been really bad luck, but these refereeing howlers have cost us a place in two tournaments - assuming the Czechs will get more at least 3 points from thier remaining games.
    Last edited by Dinkydoo; 05-09-2011 at 06:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    I really do think it is about time we started using playback technology and a video ref for professional club and national games.

As a nation I think we all realise that we aren't brilliant - just managing to scrape through most games - and as such, these poor decisions really do hurt our chances of qualifying.

Between the dodgy decisions on Saturday, the Mikoliunas dive and that freekick that Italy were awarded a few years back, overcoming the referee in our current and past qualifying campaigns has been as much of a challenge as beating our opponents.

I'm in no way suggesting that there is some kind of vendetta against Scotland, its just been really bad luck, but these refereeing howlers have cost us a place in two tournaments - assuming the Czechs will get more at least 3 points from thier remaining games.
    This is the bit I don't get. If all three penalty decisions had been called differently on Saturday....and the awarded ones scored.... it would still have been 2-2.

Similarly, IIRC, in the Italy game they had a stonewaller turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This is the bit I don't get. If all three penalty decisions had been called differently on Saturday....and the awarded ones scored.... it would still have been 2-2.
    Not so. They would have scored a penalty in the first half instead of near the end. The penalty for the foul on Berra would have given us a 3-2 victory,

I agree with your point about the Italy game.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Not so. They would have scored a penalty in the first half instead of near the end. The penalty for the foul on Berra would have given us a 3-2 victory,

I agree with your point about the Italy game.
    Can I cite Monday-morning dullness in my defence?

Or the fact that, as we all know, Berra is a diving cheating ****bag??

Actually, FWIW, I thought Berra was excellent on Saturday.

Similarly, IIRC, in the Italy game they had a stonewaller turned down.
    I have obviously forgotten about that, fair enough if that is the case.

Still, I'd much rather be whinging over another inept Scotland performance rather than incorrect decisions influencing the game.

Not that I was bothered but the England goal against Germany in the last World Cup that bounced over the line probably would have changed the complexion of the game. Chances are that they still would have been pumped , but in the spirit of fairness and all that....

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    If two (or more) teams are on the same number of points, the head-to-head record between those nations comes first in deciding group placings. Considering that the Czech Republic have 4 points from the two games and Scotland have 1 point, Scotland must get more points than the Czechs, in order to finish above them.

If the Czechs get no points from their last two matches, six points from our last three matches will do it.
    If the Czechs get one point from their last two matches, we'll need a draw in Spain to finish above them, assuming we beat Lithuania and Liechtenstein.
    If the Czechs get two or three points from their last two matches, we'll need to win all of our remaining matches to finish above them.
    If the Czechs get any more than three points from their last two matches, we cannot finish in second spot in the group.
    I think we will go into the spain game one point ahead of the Czech's, who will beat lithuania and send us out as we will lose to spain.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Do I not recall us qualifying a few years ago due to a dodgy penalty decision going in our favour? Welsh were not very happy as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Do I not recall us qualifying a few years ago due to a dodgy penalty decision going in our favour? Welsh were not very happy as I recall.
    Is that the Jordan "handball" or the Cooper one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post

Correct !
    Fed up listening to Harry Potter bleating about this cost us a chance of runners up place .
    He should remember that "Qualification" for Europe is gained through a league system - i.e. gaining a sufficient number of points from a certain number of games .
    Damage has therefore been self inflicted by failing to win enough points not because of one " dodgy" decision.
    HP and credibility do not match up too well
    Last edited by jdships; 06-09-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Is that the Jordan "handball" or the Cooper one?
    'Tis the handball one that sits in my mind but do bear in mind the amount of alcohol imbued in these days.