hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    If you want arrogance, read this

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile...o-do-1.1114601

[Peter] Lawwell said Celtic had committed to the Dublin event before learning that the SPL would start on earlier than usual. That had been a decision he opposed.

Ironically, he used the Republic of Ireland – Celtic’s hosts this weekend – as an example of how a country’s football can be marginalised when it switches to a summer season. “The danger [of summer football] is that if you move away from the significant mainstream European leagues then you become a niche, quirky, like the League of Ireland.

“You’re out of kilter with the transfer windows and with fitness and preparation. We have to keep standards high and that means playing within the same routine as the major European leagues.

“Our fans buy season tickets for the competition against Rangers and the European dream. If you lose that European dream I think you’ve lost the game here. Look at the League of Ireland: it’s a competitive game and it plays in the summer, but it’s nowhere.”
    I wonder if that quote will be thrown back at Peter anytime soon?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian_Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And THIS is the exact type of comment that backs up what I said. Wake up and smell the coffee. I'm a Hibs fan, I saw with my own eyes the football on view in the SPL last Saturday. It's in a bad way and last nights results confirm that. Dismissing and laughing at 'pub leagues' from countries like Ireland, Slovakia and Cyrus is akin to sticking your head in the sand.
    Spot on bud.

Shamrock more than gave us a game a couple of pre-seasons ago, and looked like a decent team then. Michael was building for the future, as well as the stadium being improved, they deserve their day. They've worked hard for it.

Good Luck Shamrock

What a quote

The money Rovers will get from this campaign will change the league and probably allow them to win the league for the foreseeable future. Shows what teams can achieve when they have no fear.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want arrogance, read this

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile...o-do-1.1114601

Lawwell said Celtic had committed to the Dublin event before learning that the SPL would start on earlier than usual. That had been a decision he opposed.

Ironically, he used the Republic of Ireland – Celtic’s hosts this weekend – as an example of how a country’s football can be marginalised when it switches to a summer season. “The danger [of summer football] is that if you move away from the significant mainstream European leagues then you become a niche, quirky, like the League of Ireland.

“You’re out of kilter with the transfer windows and with fitness and preparation. We have to keep standards high and that means playing within the same routine as the major European leagues.

“Our fans buy season tickets for the competition against Rangers and the European dream. If you lose that European dream I think you’ve lost the game here. Look at the League of Ireland: it’s a competitive game and it plays in the summer, but it’s nowhere.”

I wonder if that quote will be thrown back at Peter anytime soon?

"The competition against Rangers and the European dream" - so THAT's what Celtic are about.

This is why Scottish football's in the mire - the two top teams only care about themselves and their "competitiveness" with one another and in Europe. They'd happily see the SPL and the rest of the game in Scotland ruined - which is where we nearly are - just so long as they can continue to make their dirty money out of their nasty symbiotic sectarian rivalry.

How I wish we could be rid of the whole stinking boiling of them, their arrogance, their cynicism, the hatred they ferment in Scottish society.