hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: taekwon do

Left by mutual consent!

price of kids activities

We were planning to get my girlfriends 5 year old into taekwon doe and was going to get her along to this to burn up some energy.They wanted 20 quid up front and 27 a month. Oh, but you get your suit included. Wow.Am I just tight or is that crazy for something she night not like after two weeks?Anyway, she's now going to be a gymnast for 36 quid for 8 weeks.
    Last edited by Woody1985; 24-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Can the title be changed to price of kids activities?

I tried out many different martial arts before sticking with Lau Gar (Kung Fu) and most clubs offer the first lesson for free - even the ones that didn't only seemed to charge for the night rather than the whole month (prices vary but none charged more than six pounds a class).

£30 for a months worth of lessons, a junior training kit and joining fee for the club is about right but I don't know anyone who would pay that on their first night.

I had four lessons (paid for three) before I was asked to join.

In my biased opinion Kung Fu or Taekwon doe is the way to go; shame about her doing gymnastics.

; )

Edit: just realised that you said £20 up front plus £27 per month, that is ****ing ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dinkydoo; 25-08-2011 at 06:29 AM.