hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9

Palsson's passing

Good to see we still have a player with the confidence and ability to attempt to find players in space and spread the play. He didn't always find the target but you could see he looked a lot happier playing there, didn't mind getting his hands dirty as well which is a plus.

Calderwood has to stick with him in the centre and Wotherspoon at right back for me. A couple of those balls to Sproule and Booth at the weekend could really open the game up. Sproule also seems to link up better with Wotherspoon supporting. Oh, and not a half bad end product by Ivan for the third goal either

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to see we still have a player with the confidence and ability to attempt to find players in space and spread the play. He didn't always find the target but you could see he looked a lot happier playing there, didn't mind getting his hands dirty as well which is a plus.

Calderwood has to stick with him in the centre and Wotherspoon at right back for me. A couple of those balls to Sproule and Booth at the weekend could really open the game up. Sproule also seems to link up better with Wotherspoon supporting. Oh, and not a half bad end product by Ivan for the third goal either
    Blind men have been saying this for ages, only Calderwood knows why he's persisted with this?

Blog Entries
    you can add (as well as goal threat) the fantastic corners of Jimmy to the things that were much better...I know that some of the space was down to gulf in class...but that does not affect dead balls which we have been hopeless at for ages...I would stick with these 2 for the battle that is matches at Tynie....

Testimonial Due

Totally the opposite for me, dont agree with that. Firstly, there is no chance, and I mean no chance he will have anywhere near as much time or space in the middle of the park, secondly, the players out wide will also have no where near as much time or space to recieve any pass.

I was pleased however glad to see him get a game after the weekend, hopefully this helps his confidence / him put the weekend behind him.

I would agree that Wotherspoon is the correct choice for right back, he did not seem to get forward / get the ball into the box that often considering the opposition, but with Ivan up there so much I dont think there was a great deal of opportunity.

Yep, did well.

I also think Matt Thornhill is the creative player folk are looking for IF he's played in the right position. For some bizarre reason he was played in the hole behind O'Connor against St Mirren and the game just passed him by. In a deeper role, as per tonight, he can pick a pass very well
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar

Switched the play really well tonight and looked to drive on with the ball too Hopefully Osbourne is back for Sunday and we can play the two of them in front of the back four.
    Happy as Larry!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I'd agree with that - he looked a different player tonight playing in his best position. And the passes were a definite bonus, with all due respect to Murray, that's something that is lacking from his game, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Thank **** for that. Thought this was another R.I.P. thread. ;-)

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Totally the opposite for me, dont agree with that. Firstly, there is no chance, and I mean no chance he will have anywhere near as much time or space in the middle of the park, secondly, the players out wide will also have no where near as much time or space to recieve any pass.

I was pleased however glad to see him get a game after the weekend, hopefully this helps his confidence / him put the weekend behind him.

I would agree that Wotherspoon is the correct choice for right back, he did not seem to get forward / get the ball into the box that often considering the opposition, but with Ivan up there so much I dont think there was a great deal of opportunity.
    So I wonder why CC was often screaming abusively at Wotherspoon during the match, often swearing, particularly in the first half!?
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 24-08-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Thank **** for that. Thought this was another R.I.P. thread. ;-)

That was my first thought too!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yep, did well.

I also think Matt Thornhill is the creative player folk are looking for IF he's played in the right position. For some bizarre reason he was played in the hole behind O'Connor against St Mirren and the game just passed him by. In a deeper role, as per tonight, he can pick a pass very well

Agree. He seems to thrive on sitting in and making late runs. I might start with Jimmy though for about an hour to soften them up a bit. O'Connor has been great but looked even better playing just behind and off Sodje who puts himself about really well. Ok he missed a couple (Sodje) but he has been good value since he came here.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    So I wonder why CC was often screaming abusively at Wotherspoon during the match, often swearing, particularly in the first half!?
    David gets abuse from other players too and over the last few homes games from most of the East Stand. He jogs around in space, doesn't close down, fouls with arms rather than tackles with feet and worst of all ball watches and loses his man. Against Saints Pallson was guilty of leaving Booth to cover Right Back and Ivan was ball watching when losing the winger / full back that beat Victor at the corner flag.

One of the worst workrates since Deeks without the talent. Nae wonder Colin was screaming at him

I did not see or even hear that on Saturday, but surely Calderwood is not abusing Wotherspoon?

I remember Hughes was accused of doing this, and was rightly slaughtered for it. hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    David gets abuse from other players too and over the last few homes games from most of the East Stand. He jogs around in space, doesn't close down, fouls with arms rather than tackles with feet and worst of all ball watches and loses his man. Against Saints Pallson was guilty of leaving Booth to cover Right Back and Ivan was ball watching when losing the winger / full back that beat Victor at the corner flag.

One of the worst workrates since Deeks without the talent. Nae wonder Colin was screaming at him
    So the abuse is meritted in his case then ?

Testimonial Due
    Could not hear what he was shouting last night but I did see him do it. I was more under the impression he was perhaps guiding him around the position as he has not played there under Calderwood this season.

I agree that he has been taking stick off some fans, but not too bad in my opinion. My concern with him at full back is that he is not a good tackler and is more than prone to giving away silly free kicks that more often than not either lead to us being under pressure or costing a goal. In saying that I would play him at RB as I think he is our best option and his strongest position.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Could not hear what he was shouting last night but I did see him do it. I was more under the impression he was perhaps guiding him around the position as he has not played there under Calderwood this season.

I agree that he has been taking stick off some fans, but not too bad in my opinion. My concern with him at full back is that he is not a good tackler and is more than prone to giving away silly free kicks that more often than not either lead to us being under pressure or costing a goal. In saying that I would play him at RB as I think he is our best option and his strongest position.
    From where I was sitting it looked like CC was shouting instructions, because after it DW gave him a wee thumbs up to show he understood.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough Number69's Avatar
    When I read the title I thought he had died!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    From where I was sitting it looked like CC was shouting instructions, because after it DW gave him a wee thumbs up to show he understood.
    O'Hanlon was speaking to him all the time also in a very supportive manner and DW did as he was told. Good communication between them.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    There were several such situations and most were not of the variety you suggest!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I did not see or even hear that on Saturday, but surely Calderwood is not abusing Wotherspoon?

I remember Hughes was accused of doing this, and was rightly slaughtered for it. hmmmm
    It was during last night's game not Saturday's where I didn't notice any such behaviour from CC. Last night however, CC was clearly not happy with DW on several occasions and made sure that he definately knew about it with some choice "colourful" language at times!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

There's a difference between shouting abuse and bullying.

Are you saying Calderwood is the second manager who bullies the youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    There's a difference between shouting abuse and bullying.

Are you saying Calderwood is the second manager who bullies the youngsters?
    I'm not saying it at all, if you had read my post i said i never heard any of it. although someone else is saying it may have happened, perhaps you better ask them the question, just like i did?

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post

I've really got to laugh at this given your signature
    Happy as Larry!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    I must admit he reminded me of Alex Edwards the way he was putting cross field passes to the full back

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.147519,-3.856658