hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does "sold its soul" mean? Also what is indefensible about what Man City are doing? They have been bought by wealthy owners who are financing the purchase of many world class players, hardly the crime of the century.
    The main difference between Utd & City seems to be that one has an owner who funds the club through his pockey money whilst the other funds the club through landing it with debt. Hard to say which is more precarious.
    ​#PERSEVERED

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular steviecarnie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Is it not just a 25 man squad, or have they changed it for this season?
    If they sign Nasri, I can see their squad being;

1-Micah Richards HG
    2-Vincent Kompany
    3-Pablo Zabaleta
    4-Joleon Lescott HG
    5-James Milner HG
    6-Edin Dzeko
    7-Adam Johnson HG
    8-Aleksandar Kolarov
    9-Sergio Aguero
    10-Gareth Barry HG
    11-David Silva
    12-Carlos Tevez
    13-Gael Clichy HG?? (signed by arsenal before his 18th birthday?)
    14-Joe Hart HG
    15-Kolo Toure
    16-Nigel de Jong
    17-Yaya Toure
    18-Mario Balotelli
    19-Samir Nasri
    20-Stefan Savic
    21-Costel Pantilimon
    22-Stuart Taylor HG?
    23-Dedryck Boyata
    24-Shaun Wright-Phillips HG
    25-Struggling to fill this space as you're now talking about players who aren't really in the picture such as Adebayor, Bridge, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and Onuoha.

That would mean 4 of the above players would miss out, along with Greg Cunningham, Gunnar Nielsen, Alex Nimely and Abdul Rasak.

It might actually be more difficult for Manchester Utd to name their 25 man squad;

1-David de Gea U21?
    2-Anders Lindegaard
    3-Rio Ferdinand HG
    4-Nemanja Vidic
    5-Patrice Evra
    6-Phil Jones HG
    7-Chris Smalling HG
    8-Michael Carrick HG
    9-Ji-Sung Park
    10-Ryan Giggs HG
    11-Nani
    12-Anderson
    13-Danny Welbeck HG
    14-Tom Cleverley HG
    15-Rafael da Silva HG
    16-Fabio da Silva HG
    17-Wayne Rooney HG
    18-Ashley Young HG
    19-Dimitar Berbatov
    20-Javier Hernandez
    21-Jonny Evans HG
    22-Michael Owen HG
    23-Darren Fletcher HG
    24-Antonio Valencia
    25-Tomasz Kuszczak

no need to worry for both teams. plenty players come under home grown rules, A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).‬‪

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Mate I hate Arsenal and My english team is Liverpool.
    That explains the bitterness.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    What does "sold its soul" mean? Also what is indefensible about what Man City are doing? They have been bought by wealthy owners who are financing the purchase of many world class players, hardly the crime of the century.
    It's not a crime, it's perfectly legal. But scooping finite fossil fuels out of the ground and splurging the money on... paying wages like £200k a week to Tevez is grotesque. City haven't merely joined the big spenders, they've raised wage inflation at the top of the game massively.

At a time when fans are being priced out of the game, through high ticket prices and expensive satellite TV, it would be nice if the top clubs showed a little restraint - especially when so many people are struggling to feed and house themselves, let alone watch a little football.

Instead, they are not merely spending like there's no recession, they're actually spending more.

Frankly, the Man City management disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    It's not a crime, it's perfectly legal. But scooping finite fossil fuels out of the ground and splurging the money on... paying wages like £200k a week to Tevez is grotesque. City haven't merely joined the big spenders, they've raised wage inflation at the top of the game massively.
    The thing is that no-one in the Middle East actually pays any interest to Man City. I live in Abu Dhabi and they get no great coverage in the sports papers, no great interest on the AD sports channels.

Go to the malls and it is all Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid strips for sale. No Man city strips can be seen in them.

The owners will get bored in a year or two and move on.

First Team Regular

At a time when fans are being priced out of the game, through high ticket prices and expensive satellite TV, it would be nice if the top clubs showed a little restraint - especially when so many people are struggling to feed and house themselves, let alone watch a little football.

Instead, they are not merely spending like there's no recession, they're actually spending more.

Frankly, the Man City management disgust me
    And teams like manure ,liverpool and chelsea haven't disgusted you over the last 20 years when they were buyinmg up all the top players, I assume these players moved for the minimum wages.
    Is it ok for these teams to pay inflated wages and if so why?....it is good to see another team challenging the bullies and beating them at their own game.

"keep the faith
    blue moon rising

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    And teams like manure ,liverpool and chelsea haven't disgusted you over the last 20 years when they were buyinmg up all the top players, I assume these players moved for the minimum wages.
    Is it ok for these teams to pay inflated wages and if so why?....it is good to see another team challenging the bullies and beating them at their own game.

"keep the faith
    blue moon rising
    By being the biggest bully in the play ground? Does nothing for me.

The whole Premiership is grotesque, with clubs earning huge amounts of money yet still fleecing their fans for every penny in order to line the pockets of a few hundred players and agents.

But as I say, Man City weren't content to merely join this orgy of greed - they had to be the greediest.

Frankly, the Man City management disgust me.
    The stench of hypocrisy fills that post. Well let's shut the whole of football down then.

There has been high spending for years in the EPL and other Leagues. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and the Dippers have enjoyed a monopoly of the Champions' League places for years. No one whined then. Once the cartel was busted the cries of 'foul' came loud and strong.

Sergio Aguero actually took a pay cut to move to Manchester City. Meanwhile Samuel Eto'o moves to Dagestan on a deal worth 10 million euros per year. Blame it all on Man City.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The stench of hypocrisy fills that post. Well let's shut the whole of football down then.

There has been high spending for years in the EPL and other Leagues. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and the Dippers have enjoyed a monopoly of the Champions' League places for years. No one whined then. Once the cartel was busted the cries of 'foul' came loud and strong.

Sergio Aguero actually took a pay cut to move to Manchester City. Meanwhile Samuel Eto'o moves to Dagestan on a deal worth 10 million euros per year. Blame it all on Man City.
    Don't let it get to you mate.. People are just jealous because City can blow anybody out of the water when it comes to players.. The Spanish waiter Rafa started it when he stalled on signing Gareth Barry and he went to City instead.. Wenger has a had a pop in the past but he should worry about his own house before commenting on others..

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The stench of hypocrisy fills that post.

You're going to need to explain that comment to me. In what way am I hypocritical?

Your characterisation of Man City "busting the cartel" is a joke - it's Abu Dhabi who've bought their way into football, the fact that their chosen vehicle is sky blue is almost incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Don't let it get to you mate.. People are just jealous because City can blow anybody out of the water when it comes to players..
    Frankly, this the sort of comment Old Firm plastics and Yams come out with (back when they had money, anyhow).

First Team Breakthrough
    jacomoseven, you are misappropriating your anger at the recession, footballers wage inflation and high ticket prices at Man City. Man City are not responsible for these problems. Better regulation in these areas from the govt/relevant FAs could solve these issues. Personally I love what City are doing, its great to see an underachieving team with a long suffering fanbase mixing it up with the heavyweights. Football gets boring seeing the AC Milans, Real Madrids and Yams dominate the Champions league year in year out, great to see a diddy team ruffle the feathers of the blue bloods.
    Last edited by CFC; 26-08-2011 at 07:47 AM.

jacomoseven, you are misappropriating your anger at the recession, footballers wage inflation and high ticket prices at Man City. Man City are not responsible for these problems. Better regulation in these areas from the govt/relevant FAs could solve these issues. Personally I love what City are doing, its great to see an underachieving team with a long suffering fanbase mixing it up with the heavyweights. Football gets boring seeing the AC Milans, Real Madrids and Yams dominate the Champions league year in year out, great to see a diddy team ruffle the feathers of the blue bloods.
    Oh yes they are. Man City have pretty much doubled the top whack a footballer can earn in England, all by their own.

As I have said before, I am a neutral when it comes to the Premiership, but for me it was much more interesting to see Spurs get in amongst the top four, by trading carefully and building a team.

City just spend £100m in the transfer window - if the players don't work out, get rid and spend another £100m. Anyone can play that game if you've got deep enough pockets.