hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I miss the terracing. I know the new stadium is great but I remember when 13000 were in it looked pretty full an had a good atmosphere. Something is gone now I just can't get used to it unless we pulled 19000 every week.
    Nope it went over 25 years ago.......................what we had since then till stadium completion was just rubbish

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm afraid I dont miss it at all, it was an utter dump, one or two nice bits of course, the board room etc, but dont miss getting changed in the refs room beside the washing machines one bit, and as we were in Europe often in the 60's and the 70's, you have to wonder what some of the visiting 'big boys' made of the facilities. Our stadium now is night and day compared to that. Have to say I miss the old terracing more, freezing cold and blown away many a day up there, but I still remember coming over the top for the first time as a nine year old with my dad in 1969 for a night time friendly against Gornik, floodlights on, place looked magic, I was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    New East is pish compared to the terracing, verging on the fact I'm starting to hate it. The singing section in recent weeks has been an embarrassment. Full of witless dafties that you never seen in the auld stand.
    I'm one of the witless dafties and I've been singing at Easter Road since the 60's - Shed, Gantry, Singing Section. Never seen you though - maybe you are just a user name.

Where wis yer Antifaction when that bald fat witless daftie was singing racist pash at the Celtic game? No confronting him I'll bet ya. The singing is much better now than it was in the Auld East, place was like a ferkin library towards the end. The sound of Pat Nevin blowing his nose and the guy who used to shout at Nish was usually louder than the singing.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    Willie Hamilton, I think.
    Yeh but to the east of Willie Hamilton, Neilly Martin (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Yeh but to the east of Willie Hamilton, Neilly Martin (I think).
    I was thinking it was Peter Cormack, but you're maybe right LH.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    no,total sh..hole with annoying pillars,crap food,woeful toilets,crap seats,.......infact,a bit like the PBS main stand !

Quote Originally Posted by gazza88 View Post
    It's a throw back to 19th century football.
    Aye, but what word would you use to describe the Yam's sad pusses at the end of the 6-2 game?

The old north stand was simply the best on big days and nights especially in Europe, I was a season ticket holder there for 12 years, do I miss it?, I sure do and the complete lack of any atmosphere at the ground now tells it's own story, but of course time moves on and progress is made but at the end of the day it had to happen some time.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    The old north stand was simply the best on big days and nights especially in Europe, I was a season ticket holder there for 12 years, do I miss it?, I sure do and the complete lack of any atmosphere at the ground now tells it's own story, but of course time moves on and progress is made but at the end of the day it had to happen some time.
    Now i'm getting even more confused......Maybe i was in a coma for a decade or two and missed something?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    My first ever game was against Celtic as a four year old and I was in the old North stand. Absolutely fantastic and that was me from then on. Occasionally went back to the North, just for old times sake, but mainly went to the old enclosure just at the tunnel and from there over to the east when it was still mountainous.

Gazza88 may well be a lad called Gary who is 22/23 however he may also be recalling Paul Gascoigne's debut for Spurs at Tynecastle in a friendly in 1988.

I'll leave it to the masses to decide!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    Now i'm getting even more confused......Maybe i was in a coma for a decade or two and missed something?
    The old main stand had three sections, north, south and centre. Sat in all three at one time or another and it still brings back some good memories. Some not so good also though!

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The old main stand had three sections, north, south and centre. Sat in all three at one time or another and it still brings back some good memories. Some not so good also though!
    Ah.........Now i uderstand what you meant. Apologies for not being fully awake and easily confuddled when i posted.