hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Concrete Lettings - Edinburgh letting agent

Has anyone had any dealings with them, or has anyone heard of them?

I'm interested in one of their flats but I've never heard of them and they don't have a website.

Cheers,

Dean

2. Log in to remove the advert

Concrete Lettings - Edinburgh Letting agent - AVOID!

Since adding this thread I applied for one of their properties by email (last Sunday).

They had said 3 parties were interest in the property and they wanted to consider each application before deciding who they let the property to. When they sent the email with the application form they also encouraged us to transfer a £300 holding fee to them with the application despite stating at the viewing that we should not do this as it wouldn't guarantee the property was ours.

Obviously I didn't part with any cash, I omitted my bank details from the application and said I would transfer it when they confirmed the property was ours. I haven't heard from them in a week. Bunch of cowboys!

Admins, please feel free to add "AVOID" to the thread title if you think they deserve some bad press

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I can vouch for them, on a number of levels.

Contrary to what that Company search website suggests, they are very much in existence, and thriving.

(Admins... feel free to remove the word "AVOID")
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 22-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can vouch for them, on a number of levels.

Contrary to what that Company search website suggests, they are very much in existence, and thriving.

(Admins... feel free to remove the word "AVOID")
    Fair enough - would probably be better if you shared your experience if you're vouching for them though.

I'd be especially interested in any experience you had with the £300 holding fee Deano mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Fair enough - would probably be better if you shared your experience if you're vouching for them though.

I'd be especially interested in any experience you had with the £300 holding fee Deano mentioned?
    On one level, as a punter, I have been very impressed by the service I received.

On the other, I have to respect confidentiality, but suffice to say that the integrity of the business is not, IMO, in doubt.

Fair enough if they've been ok with you but I've still not heard from them. They took my details and have not had any communication from them. They were also difficult to contact to arrange a viewing initially and they advertised the property as being at a different address.
    All of which is highly unprofessional in my opinion.

With all due respect to the above poster, he has all but said he has some interest in promoting them. Friend/Relative of the owner?

There is a classic line from the owner in this story from 2007 on how she thought housing prices would have increased by over 50% in the next couple of years.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...aterfront.html

Never heard of them myself but find it strange that they are (I think) operating their business from a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    With all due respect to the above poster, he has all but said he has some interest in promoting them. Friend/Relative of the owner?

There is a classic line from the owner in this story from 2007 on how she thought housing prices would have increased by over 50% in the next couple of years.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...aterfront.html
    Neither.

Just someone who has had, like Deano, some business dealings with them. If I have an interest in promoting them, it is because I had a good experience with them. That is all.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 23-08-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Never heard of them myself but find it strange that they are (I think) operating their business from a flat.
    Why would it be strange? Many small businesses operate from home, particularly those in service industries who are in the process of building themselves up.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Why would it be strange? Many small businesses operate from home, particularly those in service industries who are in the process of building themselves up.
    Strange may be the wrong word but definitely not usual as far as I am concerned. If I was dealing with an estate agency I would prefer that it was one that had a "proper" premises where you could visit them during their advertised opening hours and not one that's run from a flat.

Not saying there's anything dodgy with the agency.