hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Freeview

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Freeview

Went to watch my telly in bed the other night and was getting nae picture Just aw fuzzy...Now im told its because of the Digital change over thingy and im told i need a free view box for my bedroom, How much will these freeview boxes cost?..Had a look in tesco today and the prices vary from £200 right down to £30..So what box am i after ..And is it easy peasy to install Also i have an inside aerial but will i need a new one

Cheers in advance for any feedback

2. Log in to remove the advert

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I've got a Phillips one I've hardly used and don't need now. Was thinking about selling it on eBay. Piece of piss to install and you won't need a new aerial.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a Phillips one I've hardly used and don't need now. Was thinking about selling it on eBay. Piece of piss to install and you won't need a new aerial.
    You've got another one? Did you buy them in a job lot or something?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    You've got another one? Did you buy them in a job lot or something?
    I had more than one analogue telly ya cheeky bint

Bought my youngest a freeview tv and couldn't get any picture so bought a new inside ariel and still got nothing. Went out and then bought one of them super digital indoor ariels and still nothing . Spoke to the neighbours and they have the same problem. Apparently it's because we live in between 2 electricity pylons and no one has ever been able to get any signals since the houses were built (we've always had sky). Still it explains why my wi-fi is so crap.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Bought my youngest a freeview tv and couldn't get any picture so bought a new inside ariel and still got nothing. Went out and then bought one of them super digital indoor ariels and still nothing . Spoke to the neighbours and they have the same problem. Apparently it's because we live in between 2 electricity pylons and no one has ever been able to get any signals since the houses were built (we've always had sky). Still it explains why my wi-fi is so crap.
    Was gonna mention that mate..I got a wee freeview box set for £15 out Argos and it works a treat, It worked with my old inside aerial, You get your usual channels plus a few extra like E4, Channel 4 plus, Itv 2 itv 4, Also music channels. No bad atall.

Dumfries & Galloway had the 'digital switchover' ages ago now. Real pain in the arse when you start losing the signal on half the channels and have to retune the thing.

I Don't know whether that is because D&G is a bit more rural though; our download speed is **** as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Dumfries & Galloway had the 'digital switchover' ages ago now. Real pain in the arse when you start losing the signal on half the channels and have to retune the thing.

I Don't know whether that is because D&G is a bit more rural though; our download speed is **** as well.
    Have you ever seen ER...................