Quote Originally Posted by leither#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You tell him the dirty peasent
    just fishing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tó Madeira View Post
    just fishing.
    It will be the likes of him who catches your caviar(I can't work the smileys on my phone)

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leither#1 View Post
    It will be the likes of him who catches your caviar(I can't work the smileys on my phone)
    I presume it was a

the way fatty jj and his players spoke after the game would have us believe they are world beaters. FFS, they drew with a club probably on par with one of our first division clubs. let's see how they cope next round vs a decent outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Cant see Paksi progressing now, only hope they really had was to make sure they didnt concede an away goal, frustrating thing is that it was from such a soft pentlty!
    BUT did they not beat Tromso 3-0 in Norway after drawing 1-1 at home in the last round?

They did look pretty poor from what I saw however.

Quote Originally Posted by hibernian95 View Post
    Every scottish team playing in europe should be supported, even the smelly yams. Every point helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Especially if you're a Hearts supporter............................

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Amazed I've seen the words 'mon the Hearts' from an alleged Hibby.

Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.

Amazed that we had a match update thread about Hearts at all.

Maybe I'm amazed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Amazed I've seen the words 'mon the Hearts' from an alleged Hibby.

Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.

Amazed that we had a match update thread about Hearts at all.

Maybe I'm amazed.
    Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.

I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Takalua View Post
    Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian!
    Hearts winning in Europe = more money for Hearts = better calibre of player going there = already worrying gap widening still.

Stuff them. Would they wish us well? Would they balls.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong?
    "Football hooligans"

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.

If Hearts do well in Europe, they increase their revenue and the further they go in the Europa League the more prize money they'll receive. In turn, that means they'll have more cash available to pay for better players and they have more chance of becoming successful in future seasons.

That cannot be good for us, as their biggest rivals.

They get no support from whatsoever at anything, and the penalty was a clear dive but have to say I didn't rate Paks, the slime should finish the job at the asbestos castle but always beware that teams like them know every trick in the book, so here's hoping

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs
    I'm amazed that you're amazed I bet if you were to carry out a straw poll among the Hibs support on their feelings towards last nights game, then you'd find it was a pretty high percentage that were 'not the full shilling'

I think Ritchie hits the nail on the head above. Every round Hertz manage to fluke their way through means more money in their coffers and a better chance of them attracting players. I want them out ASAP for that reason, exactly the same as Rantic so that they don't have any kind of financial advantage over us. By your logic, we should be hoping that the Europa Cup final is between Hertz and Rangers because it would be good for the coeffient.

We've got more than enough chance to qualify for european competition as it stands just now, we just need to get our own house in order and finish high enough up the league to do it. We shouldn't have to rely on the Gorgoyles doing well abroad to get us there.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I'm amazed that you're amazed I bet if you were to carry out a straw poll among the Hibs support on their feelings towards last nights game, then you'd find it was a pretty high percentage that were 'not the full shilling'

I think Ritchie hits the nail on the head above. Every round Hertz manage to fluke their way through means more money in their coffers and a better chance of them attracting players. I want them out ASAP for that reason, exactly the same as Rantic so that they don't have any kind of financial advantage over us. By your logic, we should be hoping that the Europa Cup final is between Hertz and Rangers because it would be good for the coeffient.

We've got more than enough chance to qualify for european competition as it stands just now, we just need to get our own house in order and finish high enough up the league to do it. We shouldn't have to rely on the Gorgoyles doing well abroad to get us there.
    I understand that point of view but Hearts and Rangers are already streets ahead of us in terms of finance available, so the effect of their success in europe or otherwise doesn't make quite as much of a relative difference as success for Dundee United, for example, would. I suppose the flip side to that argument is that progress/money for Hearts or Rangers would contribute to a widening gap between the top of the league and the bottom, but I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who thought that Rangers were a better team in the following seasons after their UEFA Cup Final appearance. As such I'd rather cheer on the Scottish teams with the acceptance that we should be getting our own house in order but that the actions of other teams in Europe do affect us.

If a European run did result in a better calibre of player going to Hearts then I'm grudgingly in favour of it. Scottish football is dire and any good players coming to our country should be welcomed. Obviously I wish they were at Hibs but one of the key ways for the Scottish game to improve is surely getting better players in our league.

Putting aside the petty point scoring going on, that is a very good result for Hearts. Getting a score draw away from home in Europe gives them a really good chance of getting to the next round. No matter people's views on how good the opposition were, etc, we'd all be delighted if Hibs had just done the same.

So you're saying Hibs fans who have a hatred of Hearts fans are not 'the full shilling'. So you're effectively better than the rest of us? Seeing as you seem to be in the minority with this view that we should support them in Europe.

If a European run did result in a better calibre of player going to Hearts then I'm grudgingly in favour of it. Scottish football is dire and any good players coming to our country should be welcomed. Obviously I wish they were at Hibs but one of the key ways for the Scottish game to improve is surely getting better players in our league.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt previously, but now I'm sure you're at the wind up

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt previously, but now I'm sure you're at the wind up
    I don't think he is. It's clear that there are two arguments here and that some will favour one side, some the other. They both make sense IMO but it's the idea of opportunity cost. It's whether we will be in favour of Hearts winning because it can affect us in coming seasons, whilst it would benefit them in the short term and possibly long term.

Also, I think Calvin was alluding more to the hatred of Hearts shown in posts which showed no rational thought, just general abuse thrown at Hearts fans when he was referring to the 'full shilling', rather than those that gave a solid argument.

@hibs.net private member

Don't really know where to start in response to your insulting post to be honest. I'd advise, now that you've got yourself into a considerable sized hole, to stop digging. You're entitled to your opinion, just as the rest of us on here, but to use this "not the full shilling" term to describe some fellow Hibees is out of order IMO - always assuming you are a Hibee of course.
    Many of us ignored last night's Yam venture into Europe as it was pretty much irrelevant to us. I would have preferred if they'd been hammered, but it's no big deal. Hopefully, they'll slip up at home and exit the competition. It's called football rivalry - you'll find fans from most cities with two or more clubs engage in it.
    Regarding your last paragraph, I am one of that number who watched both Edinburgh clubs on alternate weeks for a time in the early 60's. This was primarily because my wee pal was a misguided Yam and we were too young to travel to our respective team's away games. However, when I attended Tynecastle it was to cheer on the opposition (except when the big Huns played). I'm now in my mid 60's and take just as much delight in the Yams getting beat now as I did back then.
    One last point - in replying to your post Ive just missed Eggheads - you've a lot to answer for.

The problem is that the Hearts fans I know all changed when Romanov bought them. All the wee team and no longer rivals nonsense. My Grandad was a Jambo and did indeed go to Easter Road 1 week and the Dump the next. Changed days though. I doubt back then that the Hearts fans were the mini Huns that they now are. Hope they lose every time they play.

Amazed that so many people seem to disagree quite so strongly with me. Obviously I expect that a proportion of Hibs fans have a certain view of Hearts, that view being of utter hatred, but I just align that with the proportion of the general population that are not the full shilling.I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose. This is a game that has absolutely no direct bearing on us, and which the result of would be indirectly beneficial to Hibernian! As such, basically everyone bar me on this thread wants a result that can have a negative impact on Hibs! And for what? So that the other football team from our city loses a match that we can hardly even gloat about given our present state. It just makes no sense to me.I've heard stories of when people in Edinburgh went to watch Hibs or Hearts on alternate weeks depending on who was at home. Sounds good to me. What went wrong?
    What was wrong, more like?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    What's the chances of them playing Chinksy in the next round?

The day such concepts are introduced into supporting a football club, in Scotland, is the day that myself, and I suspect many others, look at alternative ways of spending a Saturday afternoon.

Which is another way of saying your post is Tom Kite.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Hearts winning in Europe = more money for Hearts = better calibre of player going there = already worrying gap widening still.

Stuff them. Would they wish us well? Would they balls.
    Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Amazed that no-one used the opportunity to post 'Dirty paksis, go home' in subtle and ironic mock-racist tones.Maybe I'm amazed.
    Jambos Do A Bit of Paksi Bashing. (not for the first time).Jolly well done to the Heart of Midlothian Dancing Club. Hurrah and Huzzah for the bungalow dwellers.

I'm also amazed that not a single person on this thread has given what I think a rational person would consider to be a logical and valid reason as to why they want Hearts to lose.
    There's a lot more wrong with Scottish football than a rubbish co-efficient. Any improvement Hearts would contribute to is miniscule.

Hearts are MY FOOTBALL TEAM'S CITY RIVALS. I don't like seeing them win on any day unless it has a direct, immediate, beneficial effect on MY TEAM.

I also enjoy it when they lose.

Therefore I wanted them to get humped the other night but - hey-ho, not a bad result for you, errm them.

Supporting a football team is irrational. Supporting a Scottish football team is certifiable.

So take your rationale and shove right up your probably already too tight jaxie.

Hope you, sorry, them get royally humped in the next leg and if that means the co-efficient goes to pot then maybe someone will actually make some meaningful changes to the game here.

If things get truly bad there may be major changes for the better - and that's rational.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    the way fatty jj and his players spoke after the game would have us believe they are world beaters. FFS, they drew with a club probably on par with one of our first division clubs. let's see how they cope next round vs a decent outfit.

Would that be on a par with the type of club that consistantly knock us out of cup competitions here in Scotland?