hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Edinburgh North areas

Been a long time since I posted here, but looking for some info regarding housing areas.
    Thinking of moving into the city and looking for advice on areas such as Granton/Pilton etc, as this appears to be the areas my mortgage budget stretches to
    I know historically they've not had the best reputation, but have they improved recently?

One search I have tried is using car insurance for comparison, and although it's slightly dearer for Granton versus Falkirk, it's not much.

So would anyone recommend Granton as an ok area to live, or any of the surrounding areas?

ta much

2. Log in to remove the advert

Really depends what your expectations are. Granton has its plus points in that its fairly close to the city centre and not far at all from Ocean Terminal and you get a decent sized property for your money. Overall though I woudnt say its a nice area to live in (I lived there until I was 15 and go back now and again) as you do have the odd radge roaming about and to me it just doesnt have a nice feel to it.

If you can I would recommend looking at the less expensive areas of Leith as IMO its a far more enjoyable place to live.

Never lived in Pilton so cant comment.

First Team Breakthrough
    thanks for that; will keep that in mind. Just hope I can get something bigger than a shoebox in a decent enough area